You know what’s really frustrating? Setting an alarm on your phone to get up early enough to get ready for work and have enough time to stop for a coffee on the way…Only to never hear the alarm go off. Has that happened to you? While technology can be a blessing in so many ways it can be extremely detrimental when you’re relying on that one thing to help you accomplish a task.
After all, in a world that seemingly goes faster day by day, timing is everything. Need to time something you’re cooking? Want to take a nap before getting back to work? Have a class you can’t miss?
Consider investing in a two-hour timer. They’re not pricey, they’re small, and they quite literally save you time. We’ve rounded up the seven best two hour timers of 2021 that should make your life a bit easier.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the best Two Hour Timer of 2021
Criteria for Choosing the Best Two Hour Timer
We looked at three criteria for this list.
Reliability: As simple as it sounds, does the timer actually work? A good way of checking is by looking at the reviews. Nobody is more honest than a buyer who has spent their hard-earned money on a new product.
Price: What exactly do you get for the price of the timer? Do you get a two-pack with one brand for less than the price of one from another brand? Is it better to spend more on a certain timer or does the price not correlate to the quality? We will investigate this with each timer.
Versatility: Can you program your timer? Does it work in the kitchen and the classroom? How user-friendly is it? After all, a timer shouldn’t be hard to figure out.
The 7 of Best Two Hour Timer of 2021
The first-timer on our list is the fancy ThermoPro kitchen timer. What’s really convenient about this timer is that you can set two timers at once. Set a timer for a pot roast and get a good nap in without sacrificing your peace of mind. This timer also has three volume controls, plus silent mode. You can place this timer on your fridge thanks to its magnetic back, or place it on a tabletop with the timer’s tabletop stand.
Review-wise, the ThermoPro timer has a 4.4-star rating based on an average of 3,476 global reviews. 2,371 of those ratings are five-star reviews.
- This timer has a max countdown time of 23 hours and 59 minutes
- You can set it as a clock when not utilizing it as a timer
- The price is less than fifteen dollars
- The display is large and easy to see, and the timer comes with two triple A batteries
- One reviewer said that this timer was simple to use
- Another reviewer said that this was the best kitchen timer they’ve come across in years, and that the alarm itself can be extremely loud on the higher setting if that’s what you need
- In terms of preference, this is a bigger timer. If you’re looking for something smaller this probably isn’t the timer you want
- One reviewer said that the timer did not stay stable on their refrigerator door
- A few reviewers said that this timer was not user-friendly, with the difficulty primarily being resetting the clock to timer or vice versa
- A few reviewers said that this timer’s sound was too piercing for their taste
There are a lot of neat extra features that come with the BN-Link timer. First off, you can set up to eight on/off programs because this timer has two outlets. Secondly, this timer even has “vacation mode” where you can actually program this timer to randomly turn programmed lights on/off, for extra security when you’re away. In addition to lights, you can also program this timer to turn on/off fans, appliances, gardens, Christmas lights, and more.
Even better? You get all of those benefits for less than fifteen dollars.
Review-wise, this timer has an average 4.5-star rating based on an average of 16, 819 global ratings. 12,284 of those ratings are five-star reviews.
- One reviewer said that they have used four of these timers and they all worked perfectly
- Other reviewers said that this timer was very easy to program
- Another reviewer said that this was the best timer that they had ever bought
- The price is very reasonable
- A look at the reviews shows that this timer did work well for a variety of functions, from freshwater aquarium lights to Christmas lights, camera batteries and more
- Several reviewers said that their timer didn’t work consistently
- Another two reviewers said that this timer was difficult to program
- Another reviewer said they spend too much time trying to program it, and another said the timer just turned on when it wanted to
The Antonki timer comes with two timers for a low price of under ten dollars. This timer can be used in the kitchen, classrooms, work-from-home setups, and more. The countdown capacity is 99 minutes and 59 seconds. This timer also comes with a loud/silent mode switch and a memory function. You also get two packs of triple AAA batteries so you can get your timers going the moment you get them.
Review wise the Antonki timer currently has a 4.5-star rating based on an average of 18,151 reviews. 12,560 of those ratings are five-star reviews.
- Comes with a stand and magnetic strip so you can mount the timer however you want.
- Many reviewers said that this timer was easy to use
- If you’re looking for a smaller timer this one is ideal
- Other reviewers said that the alarm was loud enough
- One reviewer said that their timers were still working well a year and a half after they bought them
- One reviewer said that their timer stopped working after one day of use
- Some reviewers did not like the beeping sound this timer makes
- Another reviewer said that the display was not readable unless the timer was set at a very specific angle
If you’re looking for a straight-up two hour timer with no extra accessories or abilities, the Intermatic wall timer is the product for you! What’s great about this timer is that not only does it save you time by going off right when you need it, but it saves you energy as well. This timer doesn’t require electricity to work. The Intermatic timer is part of their commercial series and has a simple setup design for easy assembly.
Review wise this product currently has a 4.6-star rating based on an average of 59 global reviews. 43 of those reviews are five-star ratings.
- One reviewer said that this timer worked well every time they used it
- Multiple reviewers said that they liked this timer and it worked exactly as advertised
- Other reviewers said that this timer was easy to install
- One reviewer said that this timer was better quality than others on the market
- Has a time cycle of exactly two hours
- This timer is the most expensive one on the list so far (but still under thirty dollars, so it’s really a preference matter)
- One reviewer said that this timer worked but they felt like the plastic that it was made of wasn’t durable
- There’s not a lot of reviews for the product so far so it’s a bit difficult to gauge a lot of user experiences (not the fault of the product but a large pool of reviews do help immensely)
The Woods timer is digital, has two on/off settings, and is designed not to take up your entire electrical outlet. This timer has a 24-hour cycle and can work to turn a variety of devices on/off. You can actually get the Woods timer in a two-pack for just a few dollars more than a one-pack, and either way, you’ll still spend less than fifteen dollars.
Review-wise, the Woods timer currently has a 4.2-star rating based on an average of 5,119 global reviews. 2,823 of those ratings are five-star reviews.
- One reviewer said that they had four of these timers and they really liked all of them
- Other reviewers said that they liked that this timer was lightweight and easy to set up
- One reviewer liked these timers so much they bought another one quickly after setting up their first Woods timer
- One reviewer liked how the backup battery in this timer recharged itself so there wasn’t a need to buy more batteries (another person liked how the internal battery kept the time of day correct during a power outage)
- Another reviewer said that this timer was better than brands in local stores
- One reviewer said only two of the four timers they bought worked
- Several other reviewers said that their timers stopped working a month or two after they first started using them
- Another reviewer said that these timers were tricky to set up, and they had to watch YouTube videos just to figure it out
- Another reviewer said that these timers weren’t consistent in reliability
The Bosai digital kitchen timer has a large display and three different sound levels. Other neat features about the Bosai timer are the two brightness modes (you can choose a power-saving mode or light mode) and the LED will blink when your timer is about to go off if you have it on silent mode (a setting that is ideal for quiet settings where you still need a timer.) There is a magnet on the back so you can mount the timer where you need it. This timer also comes with a twelve-month quality warranty.
Review-wise, the Bosai digital kitchen timer has a 4.6-star rating based on an average of 242 global reviews. 190 of those ratings are five-star reviews.
- The price is reasonable. You’ll spend under twenty five dollars for this large timer.
- One reviewer had an interesting thing they liked about this timer: They noted that the time increments are variable, so when you increase the speed turning the dial the time increments are greater and vice versa.
- Following up with that reviewer other reviewers also said that setting the timer was incredibly easy
- Other reviewers said that this timer worked well, with one reviewer saying it was easy to remove from one room to the next
- One reviewer said that this timer was easy to set up for their significant other, who wasn’t really a technical person
- Another reviewer said it was even easy to use for ninety year olds
- The price for this timer is a bit more than some of the other products on the list
- One reviewer said that their timer broke very quickly
- This timer does require batteries but they aren’t included with the timer so you have to purchase them separately
- Another reviewer said that this timer wasn’t ideal for daily use because it seemed to go through batteries quickly
Rounding out our list is the XREXS digital kitchen timer. They have an upgraded version or an old model you can buy (there’s roughly a three-dollar price difference between the two models.) This timer comes with two modes, loud and mute. If you set it to mute mode a red light will flash when your timer goes off. This timer has a maximum countdown cycle of 99 hours, 99 minutes, and 99 seconds. This timer is designed with a magnetic back, a retractable stand, and a hook for hanging, so you have plenty of options to choose where to place your timer.
Review wise the XREXS timer has a 4.5-star rating based on an average of 1,554 global reviews. 1,085 of those ratings are five-star reviews.
- One reviewer said that they had tried multiple models of timers over the years and this timer was by far the best one they had used
- Several reviewers said that this timer was reliable and easy to use
- The price for the old or upgraded model are both under fifteen dollars
- One reviewer said they wished they had bought this timer years ago for their needs
- This is a six digit timer that can count up or down
- Another reviewer liked how this timer shut off by itself after a time duration of not being used
- Several reviewers said that their timer stopped working shortly after they started using it
- Another reviewer said that the magnet backing was weak
- One reviewer said that the batteries that came with their timer did not work upon arrival
- Another reviewer said that they thought the timer looked nice but it simply did not work for them
As you can see the timers listed above have different uses for different needs. We hope you were able to find a timer on this list that will be beneficial for your everyday life. After all, time is the one resource we can never get back, so any devices that help you keep time efficiently or help you keep devices powered on/off properly are worthwhile investments.
Other Products You May Need
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.