If you’re looking for Grit Daily’s media kit, click here.
Looking to contribute to Grit Daily or become a sought-after Grit Daily Columnist?
Some guidelines follow. Just send over your head shot photo and a fresh, rewritten bio via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also share your first article via Google Drive doc.
After the first 2-5 pieces, we can convert from Contributor to Author (aka Columnist) so you can “auto publish.”
Things to get right and to do:
1. Keep the total word count above 600 and stick to original content only. You’re welcome to republish your content elsewhere after it publishes to Grit Daily, but not before.
2. Craft a catchy headline. Use gritdaily.com or upworthy.
com for good title ideas.
3. Avoid (!) exclamation points, (/) slashes.
4. Common nouns should be lower case.
5. Grit Daily is a news outlet. So always stick to covering news. At a minimum, begin with a news hook. If you’re an expert you can “analyze it.” Full-on investigative reporting is welcome.
6. Be sure to backlink to an outside news articles or other source for any research. Where appropriate, add an internal link to any other relevant Grit Daily article. An internal link is one that points to another page on the same website. Usually the best route is to link back to your own latest article on Grit Daily.
7. Stick to narrative format and avoid bullets, dashed lists, or numbered lists with few exceptions.
8. If you run a company and want to market it, be sure to mention that in your biography. People respect your willingness to “give” by covering and analyzing news, first. Your own articles are no place to mention your company or backlink to it.