Although the more recent PlayStation 5 model made headlines for selling out quickly and being impossible to find at stores nationwide, the older PlayStation 4 model continues to be reliable and works just as well. The PlayStation 4 was first released back in 2016 but continues to be a popular gaming console. However, what happens when your PS4 console power cord stops working? Or a beloved pet chews on the cord, causing power failure? Check out our list of the eight best power cords for the PlayStation 4 when you’re in need of a replacement.
If You’re In A Hurry, Here Are Our Top Three PS4 Power Cord Picks
Here’s Our Criteria For Selecting A High-Quality PS4 Power Cord
- Compatibility: Most replacement cords on the market aren’t made specifically for old gaming consoles, but rather a variety of electronic products. Make sure the cord you choose specifically says that it’s PS4 compatible. Another helpful way to check is by reading the reviews. Typically reviewers will report if they purchased a product that said it was compatible and then it didn’t work.
- Length: Depending on your gaming setup do you require a longer or shorter power cord? One thing that tends to annoy people is a messy cluster of cords or having a cord in an unconventional place due to buying the wrong length.
- Does It Work? As simple as this criteria sounds, a reliable power cord that lasts longer than a few uses is vital for an effective purchase.
The Top Seven PS4 Compatible Power Cords of 2021
The CorpCo AC Power Cord for Sony PlayStation 4
With nearly 5,000 reviews and a reasonable price, the CorpCo AC power cord tops our list. This cord has a 4.7 out of 5-star rating and works for many other gaming systems like the Xbox as well as the PS3. Reviewers praised how well this cord worked for their PS4’s and one reviewer noted this cord saved them from having to buy another PS4 because they thought their original PS4 had died.
- The six foot cord length is ideal for gaming setups.
- Well reviewed, with praise consistent to the way the company markets the cord
- Ten reviewers said it worked just like their original PS4 cables.
- The price is really reasonable for the length of cable you receive
- Important to note: Does not work on the PS4 Pro
- Only comes in a six foot length, no other sizes
- One reviewer said their cord randomly lost power, and as a result was not a consistent product
The TPLTech AC Power Cord
The TPLTECH AC power cord comes in several different lengths with the shortest being 3.3 feet, then 5 feet, 6 feet, 10 feet and 12 feet. This cord is UL listed which means it meets industry safety standards. The cord is also bending-resistant, and according to the company, is soft and flexible and resistant to wear and tear. This cord is compatible with the PS4 slim edition as well as PS2’s, PS3’s, Xbox One S and Xbox One X’s and more.
- This cord is versatile and works for a wide range of products in addition to the PS4
- The price adjusts accordingly depending on the cord length
- Has a 4.8 out of 5 star ranking based on 4,697 reviews.
- Ranked number one in Sony PSP Games, Consoles and Accessories
- Many reviewers said this cord did the job it was supposed to, which was to keep their console powered up
- A recent reviewer said all they got in the mail was an empty envelope
- One reviewer said that theirs didn’t work
The Bicmice AC Power Cord
The Bicmice AC power cord is another power cord that says it’s compatible with a variety of devices in addition to the PS4. You can purchase this cord in a 6 foot or 12 foot length. This cord is also UL certified so it meets industry safety standards and is made from high-quality pure copper wire. This cord is compatible with the PS3 and PS4 slim models, the PS3 and the PS4, and the newer PS5.
- Versatile. This cord is compatible with a lot of gaming consoles and you can still use it if you decide to upgrade from the PS4 to the PS5
- Comes in two lengths: 6 and 12 feet and there’s only a dollar price difference between sizes
- Has a 4.8 out of 5 star rating averaged from 1,192 reviews.
- Several recent reviewers said this replacement cord worked just like the original
- One reviewer said it didn’t fit their PS4 pro (To be fair the company doesn’t specifically mention the PS4 Pro on their compatibility list.)
- Another reviewer noted that there were no listed product specifications on the page and the only thing they had to go by was the picture.
- Another reviewer said their cord broke in two days
The Toniwa PS4 Compatible Power Cord
The Toniwa power cord comes in lengths of 3.3 feet, 6 feet and 12 feet. Not only that but if you purchase now you can take advantage of a 6 percent off coupon. This cord is also UL certified, and says that it is compatible with the PS3, the PS4 and the PS5 among other gaming consoles and electronic devices.
- Recent reviews said this was a good and reliable replacement for their PS4 cords
- The cord has a 4.7 out of 5 star rating based off of 558 global ratings
- Another reviewer said it was a great product for the price
- Even the 12 foot cable is less than twelve dollars
- There aren’t as many reviews for this product as the others on the list
- There’s no reviews left for the one star and two star ratings so it’s difficult to tell what buyers had issues with
The Chanzon Non-Polarized Power Cord
This Chanzon power cord made two of our power cord lists based on its durability, reliability, and versatility. You can get this cord in a 3-foot length, a 6-foot length, and a 10-foot length. This cord is fully UL certified and comes with a one-year warranty and lifetime technical support.
- This cord works for a wide range of products besides the PS4 so you can purchase more than one for more uses in your home.
- Has a 4.8 out of 5 star rating based on 1,382 reviews
- Reviewers praised the high-quality of this cord
- One reviewer praised the low price based on how well the cord worked as a PS4 replacement cord
- Note: Make sure to purchase the non-polarized Chanzon cord. The polarized Chanzon cord won’t work for PlayStation 4’s.
- Several reviewers said it actually didn’t work for their PS4’s.
The Sliq Gaming 2 Prong Power Cable/Cord
Remember the reviewers who said some of the other cords on this list didn’t work for their PS4 Pro? The Sliq Gaming 2 Prong Power Cable and Cord is the cable that is compatible with the PS4 Pro. This cord also comes with a one year warranty and you can extend that warranty by an extra six months by registering your product on the Sliq gaming website. The nice thing about this cord is that it’s made by a company that focuses only on gaming.
- Made by gamers for gamers
- The cord is durable, and also travel friendly.
- Has a 4.6 out of 5 star rating based off of 2,346 global reviews
- Works with several XBox consoles as well
- Another reviewer said, “Just What You Wanted For the Price”
- In terms of PlayStation 4 compatibility, this cord only works for the PS4 Pro
- One reviewer said their cord didn’t last very long
- Compatible with 2-pin input only
The Sissfo Two Prong AC Power Cord Cable
This cable might not have as many reviews as some other cords on the list but it still gets the job done. The Sissfo AC Power Cord Cable is another cable that is compatible with the PlayStation 4 Pro only (in addition to some other gaming consoles.) This cord is 6 feet long, is also UL verified, and has a 4.8 out of 5 star rating based off of 104 reviews.
- This is a relatively new product, having just been released last May
- Several reviewers said this product was worth it and worked great for their PS4 Pros.
- Another five star review said “It does what it’s supposed to.”
- Less than ten dollars for a six foot cord
- Compatible for the PS4 Pro only
- Is not available in other lengths besides 6 feet.
- Because the product is so new there aren’t a lot of reviews if you’re the type of buyer that likes researching through multiple good and bad reviews
The Amazon Basics Replacement Power Cable
This Amazon Basics Replacement Power Cable is for those in need of a replacement cord for their PlayStation 4 Slim models. This product is also specifically compatible with the PS4 Pro CUH-7200 series. This cable has a 4.8 out of 5-star rating based on 5,828 global ratings and comes in either a 6 foot or 12-foot length.
- Many reviewers said this product worked exactly as advertised
- Is UL and RoHS certified for safety
- Has a one year limited warranty
- One reviewer said they researched a lot of replacement cords, picked this one and left a five star review
- Only compatible with the PS4 Slim, the one specific PS4 Pro model listed above in the product description, and Xbox One S and X consoles
- One reviewer said their cord did work, but it took months to arrive
- Some negative reviews mentioned that this cord didn’t work for the buyers at all
- The twelve foot two pack option would’ve actually made it to the Pros list but the product page said that that option was currently not available for sale
Vikicon Beard Straightener Comb
The Vikicon beard straightener comb is a great product, and the medium version is fantastic, especially for longer beards that you want to take care of quickly. However, no matter the beard length or type, you will find this comb effective. It has MCH heating and advanced ionic technology, making it safe, consistent, and effective.
There are also 12 different temperature settings for precision. It even heats rapidly, so you don’t have to wait long to get to work once you turn it on. Moreover, this comb has plenty of safety features, including an auto-lock feature and anti-scald bristles that will ensure nothing goes wrong while using it.
- MCH heating technology
- Advanced ionic technology
- Anti-scald bristles
- Twelve temperature settings
- Bulky and not great for traveling
- Not great for short beards
A key thing to note for buying a replacement power cord is this. Check the compatibility. A lot of these cords listed were specifically compatible to only certain PS4 models and researching that before purchasing will save you time, money, and the headache of realizing that you purchased the wrong type of replacement cord.
What’s nice about a lot of the cords on this list is their compatibility with a lot of electronic devices. If you decide to ultimately donate your PS4 but still have the cumbersome cable, consider saving it for another compatible product. (And buying said cable that is advertised as working with multiple products with the future of your PS4 in mind.)
It’s easy to not put a lot of thought into a product that costs less than a trip to Starbucks but with a bit of planning and research you’ll find a cord that’ll last you a lifetime, or at least a year (make sure to check the product warranty!)
The most frustrating thing about gaming is losing power right before you’ve had a chance to save your progress. Avoid that and save yourself a headache by investing in a high-quality PS4 power cord.
Other Related Products You Might Enjoy
- The Best Power Strip With USB Port of 2021 [Top 10 List]
- The 8 Best Cat 8 Ethernet Cable Choices for 2021
- The Best USB to Ethernet Adapter for Your Office [Top 9 Picks for 2021]
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.