It is a universal truth that wet socks are one of the worst feelings in the world. Investing in a high-quality pair of rubber boots can make or break having to walk around in the midst of a terribly rainy day. But what makes a pair of rubber boots worth buying? Is it better to buy a cheap pair that will last you for years? (And how can you tell the difference?)
We’ve got you covered with our top eight picks of the best rubber boots of 2021.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the Best Rubber Boots of 2021
- The Tingley Kneed Boot for Agriculture
- The Servus PVC Steel Toed Men’s Work Boots
- The Tidewe Rubber Neoprene Boots
Criteria for Choosing the Best Rubber Boots
The material: Are the boots made with high quality rubber that’ll last you a long time? Are they made with a combination of other materials that might enhance or detract from the rubber? Do the boots have steel toes? Do you need steel toed rubber boots?
Durability: Are the boots actually waterproof? Do your feet feel squeaky clean after working outside in rainy and stormy weather? Do the boots start to fall apart after exposure to the elements?
Ratings/Price: Are the more expensive boots worth the extra money? The best way to check is by going straight to the reviews.
Without further ado, here are the top eight brands of rubber boots that win 2021
The 8 of Best Rubber Boots of 2021
The Tingley Kneed Boot for Agriculture
Topping off our list with a 4.4 star rating based off of 1,531 global ratings are the Tingley Kneed boots for agriculture. 1,056 of those ratings are five star reviews. These boots are made with injection molded construction for one hundred percent waterproof protection, with a self cleaning cleared outsole. The upper material is flexible to make walking a breeze during frigid winter days. The upper sole is also made from thirty percent recycled materials.
- The price of these boots simply cannot be beat. They are priced under twenty-five dollars.
- Reviewers said these boots had an excellent fit and were great quality for the price
- Many reviewers said that these boots were great for keeping their feet dry
- Several reviewers said they were quite sturdy
- Some reviewers said that their boots wore out after a year
- Some reviewers said the boots were a narrow fit
- One reviewer said one of their boots fell apart after one day of use
The Servus Steel Toe Work Boot
Don’t let the description of the Servus Steel boots behind classified as men’s boots fool you. The reviews reveal that they work for women as well. One of the women reviewers in question said that these were comfortable for rain boots and that she was pleased with her purchase. These boots have 7,121 reviews with 5,131 of those reviews being 5 star ratings.
- They are one hundred percent waterproof and fourteen inches in height
- Made with steel toes and have a removable foot form insole
- One reviewer said they were “farm-proof” I.e. they worked extremely well during a long day of work at the farm
- Other reviewers said that they were extremely durable
- The price for these are extremely reasonable
- One reviewer said that the sizes ran too large
- Another reviewer said that the top of one of their boots cracked 33 days after buying
- Another reviewer said that they didn’t last a year
The Tidewe Rubber Neoprene Boots
The Tidewe rubber neoprene boots are 100 percent water resistant and are built with heat-resistant insulation. These unisex boots have a 4.6 star rating based off of 2,007 global reviews with 1,559 of those ratings being 5 star reviews. These boots are on the pricier side but reviewers said they were great quality and very comfortable.
- One reviewer said wearing them felt like walking on a cloud.
- Priced under a hundred dollars.
- Other reviewers said they were great quality and kept their feet dry
- Made with 100 percent waterproof CR flex foam, which helps the boots retain heat in cold weather and move and flex with the feet as you walk
- These are pricier boots, above fifty dollars
- One reviewer said they fell apart before even using them once
- Another user said their boots weren’t waterproof
The Western Chief Women’s Waterproof Rain Boot
These cute rubber waterproof rain boots come in a variety of fun designs. The Western Chief Women’s rain boots have moisture absorbent lining and come with a removable insole for maximum comfort. These boots have a 4.6 star rating based off of 4,923 global ratings with 3,664 ratings being five star reviews.
- Multiple reviewers said these boots were cute and actually kept their feet dry in heavy rainstorms
- The price is very reasonable and under fifty dollars
- Comes in multiple fashionable styles
- The company that makes the boots is family owned and has been around since 1891
- One reviewer said that the seam in their boots cracked after a few weeks
- One reviewer described these boots as “cute, but not sturdy.”
- Another reviewer said that their boots didn’t last more than two months.
The London Fog Women’s Piccadilly Rain Boot
The London Fog Women’s Piccadilly Rain Boots are perfect for the lady who prefers ankle length styles over knee length. London Fog is an iconic fashion brand that has been around for about eighty years. These boots are fashionable and functional, and have a 4.4 star rating based off of 2,644 global reviews, with 1,782 of those reviews being five star ratings. So what did reviewers think of these boots?
- Reviewers loved how these boots were lined on the inside, with one person summing them up as stylish and functional. Another reviewer liked how dirt did not cling to the boots.
- Another reviewer said that they were so happy they finally got these boots, and another reviewer said that they were the most comfortable rain boots they had ever worn
- For the quality and brand name, the price is extremely reasonable
- Come in a variety of colors and styles
- These aren’t good if you need knee length rubber boots
- One reviewer said there was a giant hole after only wearing their rubber boots four times
- Another reviewer got a pair of the boots that were not in new condition
Crocs Men’s AllCast Rain Boots
These no-seam, no leak rain boots are waterproof and fully molded for extra comfort. What’s nice about the design of these boots is that they are the only ones on the list so far that are mid-shin height, so they’re not as small as booties but not as long as booties if you need a happy medium in between. These boots are also decently priced and are under a hundred dollars. These boots currently have a 4.4 rating based off of 2,174 global ratings, with 1,378 of those ratings being five star reviews.
- One reviewer said that he was a lawn technician and these boots were the most comfortable pair he had while working for eight years.
- Many reviewers said that these boots were very comfortable and were actually waterproof
- One reviewer said they had worn these boots for a year and said they still felt brand new
- The price is reasonable for the quality
- One of the chief complaints from lower starred reviews were that these boots were sized in a way that wasn’t consistent (some said they were really hard to put on)
- Another reviewer said that they were “almost unwearable” because the boots were so hard to put on and take off.
- One reviewer said the insoles on the boots they bought as a gift came unglued after six months
The Hisea Men’s Rain Boots
These highly rated rain boots come in a few different designs and a variety of shades. The Hisea boots are one hundred percent waterproof and heat resistant. They are also designed with flexible and durable molded outsoles that maximize foot comfort for the wearer and also provide great stability and consistent traction. Another nice design feature of the Hisea boots is the breathable H-Airmesh lining, which maximizes the feeling of feet dryness.
- These boots come with a lifetime warranty
- Reviewers said that these were great quality boots, and that they felt comfortable and warm
- One reviewer said that they would buy these boots again
- These boots have a 4.5 star rating out of 1,745 ratings, with 1,236 of those ratings being five star reviews
- Another reviewer said that these boots kept their husbands feet warm and dry while working on five acres of land
- Some reviewers said that these were good boots for light outside work, but not heavy duty outside work
- Another reviewer said that they had low durability
- Another reviewer said that they had zero foot support
The Arctic Shield Men’s Waterproof Rubber Boots
There’s gotta be something stellar about boots with almost five thousand reviews right? The Arctic Shield boots are made with all natural top quality rubber, and are waterproof with removable insoles. Pull tabs make it easy and not challenging to put these boots on and take them off. The company does note that these tend to run a bit large so they recommend sizing down.
- These boots have a 4.4 star review based off of 4,782 global ratings with 3,253 of those ratings being five star reviews
- Come in two distinct designs
- One reviewer said that these were great, warm, and decently priced
- One reviewer said these boots worked well for hiking in deep muddy areas or deep pools of water
- Another reviewer said that these were great boots for extremely frigid weather conditions.
- A lot of reviewers said that these boots did a good job keeping their feet warm
- These are a bit pricier, slightly above fifty dollars
- One reviewer said that these boots weren’t well insulated
- Another reviewer said they were too flimsy
- Another reviewer said that they would not buy these boots again
A good pair of high-quality and waterproof rubber boots are a proverbial godsend for anyone living in freezing, muddy, or watery areas that need to keep their feet warm and dry. The above list had options for men, women, and unisex options that work for any shoe size. The most important thing most reviewers noted with the aforementioned boots is that the better boots lasted, were durable, and actually kept people’s feet dry and warm. (After all, nobody wants to catch pneumonia out in the cold)
Of course, no pair of boots have a hundred percent guarantee in any aspect, but based on the list above, which pair you choose really depends on the climate you live in. The more heavy-duty boots worked better for those who had to work in strenuous conditions while the cuter, more fashionable boots were better for everyday use. What pair do you think you’d buy?
Other Products You May Need
- The 10 Best Outdoor Electrical Box Choices of 2021
- The 8 Best 5 Gallon Gas Cans of 2021
- The Top Seven Squirrel Feeders of 2021
- The 8 Best Garden Hoes of 2021
- The Best Wicker Laundry Basket That Will Help Make Laundry Easy [2021 Top 8 Selection]
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.