Taking a shower is a relaxing experience that provides a brief escape day to day, allowing you to gather your thoughts, enjoy the hot water, and get clean. However, it can be made even more relaxing and luxurious with a rain shower head, which provides even more coverage. Read on to see some of the top rain shower heads around.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the Best Rainhead Showers:
- SparkPod Shower Head – High Pressure Rain
- G-Promise All Metal Dual Square Shower Head Combo
- Delta Faucet Rain Shower Head
Criteria for Choosing the Best Rainhead Showers
There are a lot of rain shower heads on the market, and they come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, with various materials and finishes as well. Therefore, when choosing the rain shower heads for this list, it was important to narrow them down to the best, which is why the following things were considered:
- Pressure: There is little more important during a shower than good water pressure, and a shower head plays a role in that. The rain shower heads on this list provide good water pressure for a great shower experience.
- Weight: Weight might not be a deciding factor in whether a shower head is good, but it is something that deserves consideration, especially for larger shower heads and those made out of metal. There needs to be a good balance, and if it is a heavy shower head, it needs to be worth the trouble of securing it.
- Durability: Regardless of the material or finish, it is vital that a shower head can stand up against water and wear and tear. When looking at the durability of the shower heads on this list, every facet was considered, from the shell to the nozzles.
On top of the considerations above, things like price and size were also considered. Additionally, the ease of installation also played a part in the decisions.
The 7 Best Rainhead Showers
On the list below, you will find an assortment of different shower heads from different brands and with different designs. There are circular shower heads, square shower heads, and even those that include a shower head and shower wand. There are a lot of options out there, and this list should help you narrow things down.
SparkPod Shower Head – High Pressure Rain
This rain shower head from SparkPod is an ambitious product that attempts to provide the luxury of a rain shower head with high-pressure water to ensure a great clean. And it does all of that at one of the lowest prices you will find for a rain shower head. The good news, it delivers, combining luxury with power in this inexpensive shower head.
The one downside is that the materials used are not as sturdy as some of the other shower heads you might find, but it is made out of ABS plastic, which can last for a long time. It is also designed with rubber nozzles that are easy to clean with the touch of a finger. Plus, the brass swivel ball joint is durable and tilts with ease.
- It provides a combination of luxury and high pressure
- The rubber nozzles can be cleaned with the touch of a finger
- The swivel ball joint makes positioning the shower head easy
- It can be installed without the use of any tools
- The price is absolutely fantastic, especially for the quality
- The material is not as durable as other shower heads
- The shower head is only six inches
G-Promise All Metal Dual Square Shower Head Combo
G-Promise offers a step-up in quality with their dual square rain shower head, which is a combination of an 8” main shower head along with a shower wand. The entire fixture is made out of metal, ensuring superior durability to plastic. Even the hose that connects the shower wand to the fixture is made out of stainless steel, preventing rust and leaks.
This rain shower head has 100 nozzles that effectively shower you with water and are easy to clean. Additionally, there is a lever to easily switch between the three modes, as well as knobs that allows you to adjust the height of the shower head and get any angle you want. It even comes with all the tools you will need to install it.
- It is durable due to being made entirely out of metal
- There is both an 8” rain shower head and a convenient shower want
- The rain shower head includes 100 easy-to-clean nozzles
- The knobs make it easy to adjust height and angle
- All of the tools you need to install it are included
- It does not do as much for the pressure as some brands
- It is a bit heavy overall
Delta Faucet Rain Shower Head
If you are looking for something that will be around for a long time, then you can turn your attention toward this Delta rain shower head. It is made out of high-quality metal and designed to last. Not only is it durable, but calcium and lime can be wiped away from the nozzles with the touch of a finger. It even has a lifetime limited warranty.
This shower head might be the last one you ever buy, but the price is for more than the sturdy construction and lifetime warranty. The square shower head has a length and width of 11.75 inches. Moreover, it delivers high-pressure water in that large area with a flow rate of 2.5 GPM, though there is also a 1.75 GPM model. It also pivots.
- It is a durable shower head that is made to last a lifetime
- The material is high-quality and easy to maintain
- The shower head is large, covering a large area
- The water pressure is great
- There are two options for flow rate
- It is a very expensive shower head
- It does not come with a shower arm
- The material and size make it very heavy
Aqua Elegante Rainfall Shower Head Bronze Finish
Aqua Elegante provides another great choice if you are in the market for a rain shower head. This shower head is made from thick ABS plastic, ensuring that it is durable and capable of sticking around for quite some time. It is capable of resisting corrosion, it does not rust, and it can handle impact and wear and tear well. Plus, it is lightweight.
The design of this shower head utilizes an advanced air intake to increase the pressure while using less water. Moreover, with easy installation and self-cleaning silicone nozzles, it is an easy fixture to fall in love with. It has quite a good range of motion as well, which is only made better with the addition of a shower arm.
- It is made from a thick layer of ABS plastic that holds up well
- The large size offers a lot of coverage and great water flow
- It utilizes advanced air intake for increased pressure
- There are 1.8 and 2.5 GPM versions
- The silicone jet nozzles clean themselves
- The material is not as sturdy as metal shower heads
- The pressure is not that firm, falling on the softer side
PinWin 12 Inch High Pressure Shower Head with 11 Inch Arm
If you want a combination of a lot of coverage at a great price, PinWin has a 12” shower head that is worth a look. In fact, you can get this shower head in three sizes, ranging from an 8” shower head to the 12” one featured here. One thing to note from the start is that this shower head is made out of brass, so you are also getting quality.
PinWin includes an 11” shower arm with each of their shower heads, helping you position everything in the perfect place. You can also look forward to great water pressure, giving you a lot of things to love about this large rain shower head. And to top it all off, it can be set up without the use of any tools.
- There are three sizes available
- The shower head is made from brass
- The pressure is fantastic
- You get a lot for a low price
- The included arm is a bit short for the 12” shower head
- The design can lead to the tightening bolt loosening during normal use
SR SUN RISE 10 Inch Rain Shower Head
When it comes to rain shower heads, SR SUN RISE sells some of the best products out there. One example is this 10” shower head, which is also available in 12” and 16” sizes. It is made out of high-quality stainless steel and brushed with a 10-layer nickel plating that offers durability, a sleek look, and resistance to corrosion.
The nozzles are also fantastic, not only being easy to clean but also ensuring thin, high-pressure streams of water. You will not have to struggle to set this rain shower head up, either. It fits standard 1/2″ pipes, allowing you to screw it in without a single tool. Moreover, once you have it installed, you can swivel it into the perfect position.
- It comes in three sizes to suit any bathroom
- The material used is a combination of stainless steel and nickel plating
- The nozzles are easy to clean and increase water pressure
- It can be installed without the use of any tools
- The quality is fantastic for the price
- The thinness of the shower head means less durability
- It does not work well unless installed directly overhead
American Standard Spectra Plus Rain 11-Inch Shower Head
American Standard is known for high-quality products, and their Spectra Plus rain shower head is no exception. It is an 11” shower head with an elegant design that comes in a variety of finishes, including the legacy bronze finish featured here. It can also be purchased with a water flow of 1.8 GPM or 2.5 GPM to suit your needs.
Due to the presence of a pressure compensator, you can expect consistent water flow, ensuring a fantastic shower experience. Moreover, you do not have to worry about clogs since cleaning the nozzles is as simple as rubbing them with your fingertip. And with the adjustable angle and drench spray function, it will provide full-body coverage with ease.
- The large shower head and drench spray function ensure full-body coverage
- The design and finish are elegant and appealing
- It has excellent water flow and pressure
- The material is durable and lightweight
- It is built to last and has a limited lifetime warranty
- The increased performance comes at a high price
How to Shop for a Rainhead Shower
Although a rain shower head is a fantastic addition to any bathroom, there are a few things you need to keep in mind if you are buying one. The first thing is whether you have enough room since they are meant to sit above your head. Some other things to consider are:
- Weight: Some rain shower heads weigh quite a bit, such as those made out of metal, while others are much lighter. The heavier shower heads require a sturdier shower arm and mounting, so make sure you choose a shower head that you can put up in your bathroom without worry.
- Water Flow: You have two primary choices when it comes to water flow. The first is 2.5 gallons per minute (GPM), while the other is a low-flow option of 1.8 GPM. That being said, if you live in California, the maximum flow is currently at 1.8 GPM for shower heads.
- Installation: While some shower heads are easy to install, requiring nothing more than screwing them into place, others are more difficult. You also need a shower arm, which securely holds the shower head above your head for the best results.
A few of the other things you should consider are the appearance and price. You want a shower head that is effective but will also look great and not break the bank.
Rain shower heads are a luxurious choice that offers superior relaxation. However, they have their own drawbacks, including a lower water pressure on average and the need to be installed above your head for the best results. So before buying one of these fantastic shower heads, make sure it will work in your bathroom space.
Other Products You May Need
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.