Scarves are a fantastic fashion accessory, and they are quite practical as well. The same is true when they are worn on the head as hair accessories or head wraps. In fact, they even serve the additional purpose of protecting your hair, especially at night. Keep reading to learn more about the best head scarves available.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the best Head Scarf:
- Corciova 35 x 35 Purple Women Satin Silk Like Head Scarf
- ANDANTINO 100% Pure Mulberry Silk Square Scarf for Hair
- AWAYTR 35” Satin Large Square Head Scarves – 4PCS
Criteria for Choosing the Best Head Scarf
Head scarves serve a variety of purposes. They can be used to keep your hair in order, they can be used to protect your hair, and they are fantastic fashion accessories. Therefore, when looking at head scarves, all of those things need to be considered. That is why these things were considered when choosing head scarves for this list:
- Size: In order to be used as a head scarf, it is important that the size of the scarf is large enough to fit the purpose. While smaller options might work under some circumstances, it is ideal for scarves to be at least 27 inches long. Larger scarves, with measurements around 35 inches, are great for complex styles.
- Material: The material is important because you want something soft and breathable for your hair, especially if you plan to use the scarf at night. The material also impacts the durability of a scarf. The main materials used for scarves are things like silk and polyester made to mimic silk.
- Appearance: The look of a scarf is important because they are often used as an accessory. They need to have vibrant, appealing colors, and they often have beautiful patterns. The scarves on this list span a wide range of patterns, colors, and appearances to give plenty of options.
The stitching, whether patterns are on one side or both, and other factors were considered when choosing the head scarves for this list. However, the above things played the biggest roles in determining which scarves appear below.
The 8 Best Head Scarf
There are plenty of choices out there when it comes to head scarves. However, they are not all made equally. The patterns, texture, and overall quality vary vastly between brands. The head scarves on the list below are not only high-quality choices, but they have a range of colors and patterns to make it easy for anyone to find a great product.
Corciova 35 x 35 Purple Women Satin Silk Like Head Scarf
The first head scarf on this list comes from Corciova, and it is a fantastic option that works during the day and at night. Its versatility comes, in part, from its large size, with these head scarves being 35 inches by 35 inches. They are incredibly soft as well, having a silk-like feeling, though they are made from 100% polyester.
The material allows these beautiful head scarves to come at a great price. Moreover, the pattern featured here is only one of the many elegant and vibrant patterns available from Corciova.
- This head scarf is 35 inches by 35 inches
- It is made from luxurious silk-like polyester fabric
- The designs are vibrant and beautiful
- The price is great for the quality
- Some people find that it slips around too much during wear
- The print is only on a single side
ANDANTINO 100% Pure Mulberry Silk Square Scarf for Hair
If you are looking for pure silk, not something mimicking the material, then this upscale head scarf is a perfect choice. The material is 100% high-quality silk that is soft, smooth, and breathable. Moreover, it is around 27 inches by 27 inches, which gives you plenty of material to work with when wrapping your hair.
What really makes these head scarves stand out is the quality and beauty of the designs. There are over 30 designs in total, each vibrant and unique. Moreover, the material makes the patterns pop all the more, so they are a great choice if you want something upscale. That being said, silk does require more care than other materials.
- These scarfs are shiny and luxurious
- The material is soft, smooth, and breathable
- There are more than 30 elegant patterns
- Silk requires a great deal of care
- It is a bit slippery compared to other material
- The price per head scarf is higher than most
AWAYTR 35” Satin Large Square Head Scarves – 4PCS
If you are looking for an assortment of head scarves with different colors, then you can take a look at the ones featured here. To start, they are each 35 inches by 35 inches, giving you plenty to work with. They are also 100% premium polyester that is incredibly soft, lightweight, and breathable. The color is also quite vivid.
Each set of head scarves has four different scarves. These scarves feature the same pattern with different colors, allowing you to match them with everything else you are wearing. The featured pattern is called a cashew, and it comes in black, blue, camel, and beige. However, there are more than ten sets with different patterns and colors.
- They are made from high-quality, durable polyester
- They are lightweight and breathable
- The patterns and colors are vivid
- There are multiple sets with different patterns and colors
- The price is fantastic
- Each set only features a single pattern
- The colors are not as vivid as some other head scarves
Evolve Satin Edge Wrap Scarf
Head scarves are great for wearing throughout the day as a stylish accessory, but they are also a fantastic choice for protecting your hair at night. The head scarves from Evolve are made specifically for that purpose, designed to stay with you while you sleep. This non-abrasive satin will prevent frizz and breakage.
The dimensions of this head scarf are around 35 inches by 17 inches, and it is made for securing relaxed and wrapped styles at night. Moreover, it has an “edge” control band, which keeps edges smooth throughout the night. The best part is that the price is very reasonable.
- It is made from non-abrasive satin
- The head scarf is perfect for nighttime use
- It prevents frizz and breakage when worn
- There is an edge control band
- There have been some complaints about the stiffness
- The back side of the satin is not as smooth
FONYVE Silk Feeling Scarf Medium Square Satin Head Scarf 27.5 × 27.5
If you want a large selection of high-quality head scarves, FONYVE has a plethora of options that will make it easy to find something you like. They have more than 40 head scarves for you to look through, and each of them features a lovely pattern that is sure to look great, ranging from simple to complex.
These head scarves are 100% polyester, and each of them is soft and smooth. While they are not as shiny as some options, they do have nice colors. Moreover, they are around 27 inches by 27 inches, which is the perfect size for basic hair wraps. They are quite durable as well, meaning you can use them for quite some time.
- There are a lot of pattern options available
- The material is soft and smooth
- Their size makes them ideal for use as head wraps
- They are quite durable compared to many of the other options out there
- The colors are not as shiny and vibrant as some other brands
- There have been some discrepancies with colors
LilMents 4 Pc Set Large 35 x 35 inches Satin Square Scarves
If you are looking for shiny, vibrant colors, you cannot go wrong with LilMents scarves. Their scarves have beautiful colors, and while those featured here are solid, there are plenty of patterns and colors available from the brand. In fact, there are over 30 sets of four to choose from, with each set having its own colors and patterns.
These scarves are made from polyester, but they have an imitation silk feel, so you can expect them to be soft and smooth. Moreover, each of them is 35 inches by 35 inches, which is a great size if you want to use it for a more complex style. They are also individually wrapped and come at a great price per scarf.
- There are a lot of sets with different colors and patterns
- The material is durable and has a silk feel
- The large size makes them ideal for complex head wraps
- They can be a bit slippery at night
- They can be a bit slippery at night
- Some people have complained about quality control
YOUR SMILE Silk Like Head Scarf
YOUR SMILE makes one of the head scarves with the best reputation, and it is for a good reason. The polyester material and make of the scarves are excellent, so they will last. Plus, the material is made to be silk-like, so it is soft and smooth. It is quite breathable as well. And despite the quality and luxury, the price is reasonable.
These scarves are large enough to be used for any style, being 35 inches by 35 inches. There is also a large variety of options, and that is another place YOUR SMILE head scarves stand out. The patterns and colors are exquisite, truly providing something for everyone. You should definitely consider YOUR SMILE for your next head scarf.
- These head scarves have a great reputation
- The material is high-quality and durable
- The scarves have a silk-like feel to them
- They are large enough to be used in any way
- The patterns and colors provide something for everyone
- The texture makes these scarves a bit slippery
Axe Sickle 6 PCS Head Scarves
The final head scarves on this list come from Axe Sickle, and they have a different style to the rest of the choices on this list. They are made from cotton, and they have a very natural look. They are also lightweight and soft. Moreover, while they only come in solid colors, they are vibrant and appealing, making this bundle a great choice.
One of the things that stands out with these scarves is the size. They are 35 inches by 70 inches, giving you plenty to work with. It makes them particularly good as head wraps, though they are quite versatile, so you can use them for that and much more. There are not many options that can compete with these cotton head scarves.
- The cotton is soft, lightweight, and very breathable
- The color of the scarves is vibrant
- These scarves are much larger than most
- They are more than worth the price
- They are a bit delicate and can be damaged easily
- The fiber seems synthetic
How to Shop for a Head Scarf
While it might not seem like a difficult task, there are some things that you should consider when you are buying head scarves. To make sure you buy the best hair scarf, think about the following things when shopping:
- Size: You need to make sure that the head scarf you choose will be able to fulfill its purpose. A general rule is to get a scarf that is somewhere around 27 inches. However, if you want more room to work with or have some complex styles in mind, then you will want to go with something larger, around 35 inches or so.
- Pattern: The type of pattern you like is ultimately up to you. However, some head scarves only print patterns on a single side. The textures might also be different on each side. Therefore, it is important that you keep an eye out and choose something that will fit your needs.
- Material: There are a lot of head scarves out there that are made out of polyester but use the word silk. The meaning of this is that the scarf is made to be silk-like. You can find some great products that are silk-like. However, if you want actual silk, do your research and make sure you get what you want.
You will want to pay attention to the overall quality and price as well. Not all of the scarves you find will be made to last. Moreover, the texture and shine of head scarves can vary, so pay close attention to that as you look at the patterns and colors.
A head scarf is a great choice if you are looking for a fashionable accessory. Head scarves are also fantastic at protecting your hair from damage. Just make sure that you buy the right size and pay close attention to the material of the head scarves you look at when shopping.
Other Products You May Need
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.