A great pair of jeans can be worn in almost any situation and will last for a long time to come. And if you are looking for a versatile pair that gives a streamlined effect without sacrificing comfort, straight leg jeans are the way to go. In this article, you will be introduced to some of the best straight leg jeans available.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the best Straight Leg Jeans:
- Dickies Men’s Relaxed Fit Straight-Leg Duck Carpenter Jean
- KUT from the Kloth Women’s Stevie Straight Leg in Wise
- Riders by Lee Indigo Women’s Midrise Straight Leg Jean
Criteria for Choosing Straight Leg Jeans
There are a lot of straight leg jeans available, with some of the biggest names around making a pair. However, not every pair of jeans is made the same, and there are some qualities that are important in a worthwhile pair. These are the things that were considered when choosing the jeans on this list:
- Comfort: Comfort is an important factor for most pieces of clothing, and jeans are no exception. One of the things that impact comfort is the design, while the material used also plays a big role. All of the jeans on this list are known for being comfortable.
- Durability: While not all jeans are meant to withstand the harshest of environments, they should stand up in the long term. This includes the jeans having good stitching.
- Style: The jeans on this list all look good. While it might not be the most important thing, there is no doubt that a good-looking pair of jeans is far preferable to a different pair. Of course, there are a variety of colors and styles included, but they are all great pairs.
There are a lot of little things to pay attention to when shopping for jeans, but the above covers the most important aspects that were considered when choosing jeans for this list. That being said, things such as sizes, prices, and features were also thought about during the selection process.
The 8 Best Straight Leg Jeans
There are a lot of choices when it comes to jeans, and straight leg jeans are a popular option sold by a variety of brands. Moreover, straight leg jeans come in a variety of fits, colors, and materials, so it can be difficult to pick the perfect pair. The list below has a number of choices that should help you find the perfect pair for you.
Dickies Men’s Relaxed Fit Straight-Leg Duck Carpenter Jean
The first pair of jeans on this list come from Dickies. They are one of the most popular pairs out there, and it is for a good reason. These jeans are made from 100% cotton, and everything about them is high quality. In fact, they are made to withstand anything and everything thrown at them. Plus, they are made to be comfortable from day one.
These Dickies jeans have a relaxed straight leg fit for comfort, with a roomy seat and thigh area. The straight leg fit also allows them to easily rest over boots. Moreover, the hammer loop and dual tool pockets give extra storage space. They even come in a large range of sizes and colors that provide something for everyone.
- They are made from 100% cotton
- They are made to withstand the toughest environments
- The pair of jeans are designed for comfort
- There is a hammer loop and dual tool pockets
- These jeans come in a large range of sizes and colors
- Many say that the front pockets are small
- There have been some complaints of sizing issues
- There have been some complaints of the material being stiff
KUT from the Kloth Women’s Stevie Straight Leg in Wise
KUT from the Kloth prides itself in selling a perfect pair of jeans. They are made from 99% cotton and 1% spandex, with the denim having great stretch and recovery. They fit well and contour curves, providing a sleek and stylish look. Moreover, the slender straight leg visually lengthens your legs.
These jeans have a classic five-pocket design with embroidered designs on the back pockets that add a visual splash. The KUT from the Kloth jeans come in sizes between 0 and 16, though there are some reports of them running a bit large compared to normal sizing. They can be machine washed without worry.
- They are a fantastic mix of sturdiness and stretch
- They fit well and contour curves
- They provide a sleek and stylish look
- The slender straight leg has a great visual effect
- The back pockets have beautiful embroidered designs
- According to some, the sizing can be an issue
- Some people find them to be a bit stiff
- Their sizing options are a bit lacking
Riders by Lee Indigo Women’s Midrise Straight Leg Jean
If you are looking for a pair of jeans with a great fit, it does not get much better than these jeans from Riders by Lee Indigo. These mid-rise straight leg jeans have a regular fit, straight-opening leg, and sit slightly below the natural waist, providing a superior fit that works for everyone. The fabric simply moves with you.
As far as the fabric goes, you are getting premium stretch denim that is made from 69% cotton, 30% polyester, and 1% spandex. Additionally, these jeans come in a variety of sizes, ranging from 6 to 18, with petite and long options included. These jeans can be machine washed, and they come at a great price, making them a fantastic option.
- These jeans are designed to provide a superior fit
- The premium stretch denims is comfortable
- There are plenty of size options, including petite and long sizes
- You get a quality product at a great price
- There have been comments about the leg size running a bit long
- The stretching can cause some size problems over time
Wrangler Men’s Slim Fit Straight Leg Jean
Wrangler jeans are made to last and utilize high-quality materials to make that happen. This pair of jeans is made from 99% cotton and 1% spandex, so you can expect them to hold up well while remaining comfortable. A little bit of stretch also allows for a greater range of motion, so these jeans can be used in any situation.
These Wrangler jeans have a slim fit through the seat and thighs and sit lower on the waist. They also have a classic five-pocket design, with the iconic Wrangler “W” stitching. While the pair featured here is Raven, they come in three other colors as well. The best part is, these jeans come at a good price.
- The mix of cotton and spandex gives these jeans a bit of stretch
- They are comfortable and allow for a good range of motion
- These jeans have a thin, flattering fit through the seat and thighs
- There are four colors to choose between
- They are of good quality, especially for the price
- Some people have complained about the length
Carhartt Men’s Rugged Flex Relaxed 5-Pocket Jean
Another pair of jeans for men that are worth taking a look at are the ones featured here from Carhartt. They are a rugged pair made with abrasion-resistant denim. The material is 85% cotton, 14% polyester, and 1% spandex, providing strength and comfort. So you are getting something durable and incredibly comfortable for a reasonable price.
The Carhartt Rugged Flex gives more bend in the knee. It also provides extra flex in the hips and more stretch between the legs, allowing for a range of motion worth noting. These jeans also feature reinforced belt loops and a relaxed fit that sits on the waist and gives just enough room to keep you as comfortable as possible.
- They are made with durable, abrasion-resistant denim
- The material is comfortable and provides plenty of flexibility
- The reinforced belt loops prevent wear and tear
- There are a wide range of waist sizes
- There are five colors to choose between
- Some people find the material to be a bit thin
Silver Jeans Co. Men’s Zac Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Jeans
The last pair of jeans for men on this list come from Silver Jeans Co. These jeans are fantastic, and while you pay a little extra, their quality makes them worth the price. They are made with 93% cotton, 6% polyester, and 1% elastane, which are durable with just enough stretch for superior comfort and fit.
All of the jeans from Silver Jeans Co. have reinforced stitching to ensure belt loops and seams do not rip or wear down. The relaxed fit also provides comfort throughout the day. In addition to durability and comfort, these long-lasting jeans come in numerous sizes. There are more than twenty color options as well, so there is a pair for everyone.
- They are high quality and will last a long time
- The material is both durable and stretchy for superior comfort
- The stitching is reinforced to resist wear and tear and ripping
- There are plenty of colors and sizes available
- The sizing seems to be inconsistent
- There are some comments about the bottoms being wide for straight leg jeans
Democracy Women’s Ab Solution Straight Leg Jean
Democracy’s Ab solution jeans have an interesting makeup, which consists of around 54% cotton, 27% rayon, 17% polyester, and 2% spandex. The result of the material used is smooth, super-stretch denim that combines with slimming panels, mesh panels, and a hidden inner elastic waistband for maximum fit and comfort.
These jeans are meant to be more comfortable than other jeans, and the design succeeds in that aspect. There are even strategically placed pockets to provide some extra lift. On top of everything else, their softness takes the comfort even further. You get all of that without sacrificing durability, which is definitely a plus.
- The material is soft and flexible for comfort and fit
- The hidden elastic waistband means there is a no gap waist
- These jeans are true to size
- They come at a reasonable price
- There have been some complaints about the zipper
Levi’s Women’s Classic Straight Jeans (Standard and Plus)
The last pair of jeans on this list comes from Levi’s. They are made with stretch denim, which is a mix of 79% cotton, 19% polyester, and 2% elastane, making them another comfortable option for those who like jeans. Moreover, the relaxed fit through the hip and thigh areas only increases the comfort.
Since they have a mid-rise, they sit at the waist. However, while the comfort and style of these jeans are not lacking, the true thing that stands out is how many options there are. This particular pair of jeans comes in standard and plus size, and on the standard alone, there are a variety of options, with short, regular, and long available.
- The stretch denim is comfortable
- There is a relaxed fit for more room in the hip and thigh areas
- They have a stylish look
- There are many different sizes and colors available
- They are not the most durable pair of jeans on the market
- The pockets are very shallow
How to Shop for Straight Leg Jeans
You have seen some of the options when it comes to straight leg jeans, but it is clear that there are numerous choices. However, it does not have to be difficult. Here are some things that you can consider while shopping to make your decisions easier:
- Size: The first thing you need to do is make sure the jeans come in your size. If they do not, move on. If they do, make sure they are true to fit. After all, even the most comfortable pair of jeans will not mean much if they do not fit right.
- Fit: The straight leg is only one part of a pair of jeans. You also need to consider the fit. If you like more room, you can go with a relaxed fit. There are also slim fit and other options.
- Material: After making sure you have found the right size and fit, check the material. In fact, you can even check it first. How much of the material is cotton? How much is spandex or another elastic material? The material impacts the toughness, stretch, and overall feel of the jeans.
There are plenty of things to consider, with cost, color, and pockets being included. However, once you look at the size, fit, and material, you will have a pretty good idea of whether a pair of jeans is worth taking a closer look at.
Jeans are a great piece of clothing, and everyone should have at least one pair. Straight leg jeans are also a fantastic choice, combining a streamlined look with comfort. Just make sure not to ignore the other aspects of your jeans when looking for straight leg jeans.
Other Products You May Need
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.