There are a few simple things that you will need if you want to enjoy a good cigar. The first is a fantastic cigar, the second is a torch, and the third is a reliable cigar cutter. A cigar cutter is vital because it determines whether you can enjoy your cigar properly. Fortunately, you will have no problem finding a good one after reading this article.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the best Cigar Cutters of 2021
- ALASKA BEAR Stainless Steel Cigar Cutter
- XIFEI Stainless Steel V-Cut Cigar Cutter
- The Big Easy Tobacco Co., Quad Table Cigar Cutter
Criteria for Choosing the Cigar Cutters
As mentioned above, a good cigar cutter is a must. If you pick a bad one, you will mangle and ruin your cigar. However, finding a cigar cutter that is worth having relies on more than sharpness. Here are a few things that make a great cigar cutter:
- Blades: The main thing is sharpness. Of course, there is a lot to consider when it comes to blades, especially since there are different designs and cut types that give you a lot of choices. However, the basic requirements for the cigar cutters on this list were the sharpness and material used. Stainless steel is preferred.
- A Good Cut: A good cut relies on sharpness to some degree, but there is also a design aspect. After all, the design can make or break a cut, especially when you consider dual-blade cutters and those that have a spring-loaded release. If any of that messes up, the cut could quickly become messy.
- Durability: Cigar cutters need to be reliable, so when they were being chosen for this list, durability was a major consideration. All of the cigar cutters on this list are durable and reliable.
There is not much to your basic cigar cutter. The main factors are sharpness and precision, which boils down to getting a good cut. In fact, since there are various types of cigar cutters, from spring-loaded to manual and straight-cut to v-cut cutters, the rest is up to preference. Though, a durable product is always a plus.
The 8 of Best Cigar Cutters of 2021
When it comes to enjoying a nice cigar, you must carefully consider the type of cigar cutter you plan to use. The cut type, gauge size, and many other factors play a large role in your enjoyment. Therefore, to ensure that you find the most suitable cigar cutter, this list includes various cigar cutters with different designs and cut types.
ALASKA BEAR Stainless Steel Cigar Cutter
There are a lot of different cigar cutters out there, but the one featured here by ALASKA BEAR is the perfect choice for those who want something simple and effective. The design is basic and compact, with dimensions of 3.62 x 1.5 x 0.12 inches, but it is made from brushed stainless steel, so you can expect a solid cutter that will do its job well.
In addition to being well made, the ALASKA BEAR cigar cutter has self-sharpening double blades, which ensures precision and a clean cut. Moreover, the hole is 0.892 inches (22.66 mm), allowing it to cut any size up to 60 gauge. You will also get a gift bag when you purchase this cigar cutter, making it a great choice as a present.
- It is simple and inexpensive
- The dimensions make it easy to carry around
- It is solid and lasts a long time
- The double blades are self-sharpening
- It works with any size up to 60 gauge
- The craftsmanship is a bit rough
XIFEI Stainless Steel V-Cut Cigar Cutter
While many people use a guillotine cigar cutter, XIFEI makes a high-quality v-cut cigar cutter that you should definitely take a look at. The first thing that stands out about this cigar cutter is the design, which can be easily used with a single hand. The main reason for this is that it has a spring-loaded release that gives you a lot of control.
This cigar cutter is designed to be anti-slip, and the contour makes it great for supporting cigars. Moreover, the stainless-steel blade is sharp and makes cutting both small and large gauge cigars easy. As an additional benefit, this cigar cutter has a built-in cigar puncher to save you from needing another tool.
- The spring-loaded release allows you to operate it with one hand
- The stainless-steel blade is sharp and reliable
- It is designed to be anti-slip
- It can be used as a cigar rest
- There is a built-in cigar punch
- The cigar punch can be somewhat difficult to use
The Big Easy Tobacco Co., Quad Table Cigar Cutter
If you are looking for a versatile option that also looks great on a desk, then you can go with the cigar cutter featured here. It is a quad table cigar cutter, meaning you get four different cutters in one. There are two 52 gauge cutters and two 60 gauge cutters, with there being a guillotine cut and v-cut of each size, giving you a choice of size and style.
The cutter is durable and has a brushed finish, giving it an elegant and appealing appearance. Moreover, the cutter’s design prevents any potential messes and allows you to cut many cigars with ease. Of course, the design and versatility come with a higher price tag than most cutters, but you will not regret it with this high-quality product.
- There are four cutters in one with this product
- It has cutters for 52 and 60 gauge cigars
- The design prevents messes
- It is made out of high-quality materials
- It is quite expensive for what it does
CIGARLOONG Cigar Cutter
The first thing you might notice about the CIGARLOONG cigar cutter featured here is its appearance. There are several options available, but the engraved gold cutter is a beautiful piece that excels in both looks and function. Moreover, because the blades are made from durable stainless steel, you can trust that it will serve as a reliable piece.
The stainless-steel blades are also self-sharpening, so you can expect the precision and clean cuts to remain consistent over time. Another thing that you should note about this cutter is that it is meant to deal with sizes between 50 and 55 gauge. Therefore, if you are looking for something that deals with larger sizes, consider looking elsewhere.
- It comes in multiple colors and engravings
- The blades are made out of stainless steel
- It is self-sharpening and cuts with precision
- It is lightweight and portable
- There is a protective leather case included
- You pay extra for the engraved appearance
- It is only meant for sizes up to 55 gauge
Colibri Cut Cigar Cutter
Colibri makes a reliable, long-lasting cigar cutter, and it is one that has everything you want. It starts with a practical design that makes it easy to cut your cigars with ease, using a spring-loaded release to make the entire process simple. Moreover, the design and stainless-steel guillotine blades make sure you get a precise cut.
The basic design has quite a few improvements that make this cigar cutter stand out from the crowd. First of all, the size is perfect for cigars up to 62 gauge. It also has ergonomic handles that are rubberized to improve grip. There is even a non-stick lacquer that keeps them working great and makes cleaning them a breeze.
- The blades are made from stainless steel
- There is a spring-loaded release for easy use
- They fit cigars up to 62 gauge
- There is a non-stick lacquer on the blades
- It is quite an expensive cigar cutter
- It is not the sharpest cutter out there
Colibri S-Cut Cigar Cutter
There are many styles of cigar cutters out there, and Colibri makes quite a few that are worth taking a look at. While the previous cutter is great, this one is also a great choice, especially if you are looking for something that can deal with particularly large cigars. In fact, this cigar cutter can handle cigar sizes of up to 66 gauge, and it does so effectively.
The cigar cutter featured here has a rose gold cutter, but there are several other color options to choose from. Each of them comes with the same sharp stainless-steel blades, spring-loaded release, and ergonomic design. Moreover, they have a two-year warranty that should leave you confident in Colibri’s products.
- It can deal with cigars of up to 66 gauge
- There are various colors to choose from
- The blades are made of stainless steel
- There is a spring-loaded release
- The design has ergonomic handles
- It is more expensive than similar products
Cibana Premium Hexagonal Cigar Cutter
This straight-cut cigar cutter is different from many guillotine cutters because it only has a single blade. However, the single blade does little to diminish the quality of this antique-looking cigar cutter. If anything, the single blade provides clean cuts, which are easy to achieve partially due to the high-quality stainless steel used to make the blade.
While the cigar cutter is effective, it is also simple, with the design relying entirely on manual operation. The simplicity allows for the cigar cutter to trim down on the size, though, making it perfect for those looking for something thin and portable. In addition, the engraved look is pleasant and worth considering if you want something classy.
- It has a sharp stainless-steel blade
- The design is simple and easy to use
- It has a classy engraved design
- It is thin and portable
- It is a bit expensive
- There are not many reviews yet
CiTree Cigar Cutter
The design of the CiTree cigar cutter is nothing out of the ordinary, but it is a reliable choice and one of the best v-cut cigar cutters you will find. Moreover, it has everything you want from a great cutter, starting with stainless-steel blades and a durable body that will last a long time. Plus, the craftsmanship and various color options are impressive.
This cigar cutter also has a spring-loaded release, allowing you to operate it with ease. The ergonomic design also serves a few purposes. Not only is it comfortable and easy to use, but the contour in the top works as a cigar holder if needed. There is even a built-in cigar puncher for added convenience.
- It is made with stainless steel
- The craftsmanship and materials give it a long life
- There is a spring-loaded release
- The ergonomic grip gives it added comfort
- There is a built-in cigar puncher
- There are limited reviews
- It is a bit bulky
How to Shop for a Cigar Cutters
Finding a great cigar cutter mostly depends on how effective it is, which revolves around the sharpness of the blade and a clean cut. However, there are quite a few things to consider when it comes to purchasing a cigar cutter, some of which include:
- The Type of Cut: The first thing you will want to consider when buying a cigar cutter is the type of cut you want to be able to make. Some cutters come with both a straight-cut and v-cut, while others specialize in a single type of cut. Therefore, consider what type of cut you want before shopping.
- The Design: The design means a lot when it comes to a cigar cutter. You might want a cutter that has a convenient spring-loaded release, or you might prefer something completely manual. Moreover, things like ergonomics and portability depend a great deal on the design.
- Gauge: One of the most important aspects when shopping for a cigar cutter is the gauge. Cigars come in different sizes, and you want to make sure that the cutter you buy can accommodate your favorite cigars. Therefore, consider the gauge that the cutter can handle before buying.
As long as you keep the above in mind, you only need to worry about how well the blades cut. After all, even though these decisions will impact which specific cutter you buy, there is still nothing as important as sharpness and a clean cut.
If you are looking to enjoy a good cigar, then you cannot skip finding a reliable cigar cutter. After all, if you do not use a good one, you can ruin the cigar before you ever have a chance to light it. Fortunately, there are a lot of great cigar cutters out there, leaving you no reason not to get one.
Other Products You May Need
- The Top 8 Butane Lighters of 2021
- The 10 Best Beard Conditioner Picks of 2021
- The 8 Best Barber Scissors of 2021
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.