An interview with Qamar Zaman, Founder of KISS PR Brand Story, on how to earn earned media conversations that drive quality links that Google loves using press releases.
In today’s marketing landscape, storytelling has become a vital tool for brands seeking to connect with their audience on a deeper level. One expert who truly understands the power of brand storytelling and its potential to generate earned media is Qamar Zaman, the Founder of KISS PR Brand Story press release service. In this exclusive interview, Zaman shares his valuable insights on effectively telling a brand story and leveraging the power of press releases to create earned media.
Interrupt: The Importance of a Captivating Headline
Capturing the attention of your target audience begins with crafting a captivating headline. Zaman emphasizes, “In today’s fast-paced digital world, you have mere seconds to capture someone’s attention. Your headline must interrupt their scrolling and make them eager to engage with your brand.”
Engage: Crafting a Compelling Brand Story
Once you have successfully interrupted your audience’s attention, it is crucial to engage them with a compelling brand story. Zaman believes that “emotional engagement is the key to creating a lasting connection with your audience.” He underscores the importance of understanding your target audience’s needs, desires, and pain points and tailoring your brand story to resonate with them.
Educate: Leveraging the Power of Press Releases
Press releases serve as a potent tool to educate both the media and your target audience about your brand story. Zaman explains, “A well-crafted press release can not only inform the media about your brand but also generate earned media coverage. It provides an opportunity to share your story in a concise and compelling manner.”
Zaman advises brands to focus on the following elements when creating a press release:
Newsworthiness: Ensure that your press release offers something new and valuable to the media and your audience. Highlight any unique angles, innovations, or industry trends related to your brand story.
The concept of what is considered “newsworthy” can vary depending on the context, but it generally refers to events or topics that are of significant interest or importance to a certain audience. Here are some common factors that often contribute to the newsworthiness of a story:
- Timeliness: News is, by definition, new. Stories about recent events or developments are more likely to be considered newsworthy than old ones.
- Proximity: Events or issues that are close to the audience in terms of geography or shared experience are often seen as more newsworthy. For example, a local newspaper might prioritize stories about events in its city over events in a distant country.
- Impact: Events or developments that have a significant impact on people’s lives are often considered newsworthy. This can include everything from major political decisions to natural disasters.
- Prominence: Stories about famous or influential people are often seen as newsworthy. If an event involves a well-known person or institution, it’s more likely to make the news.
- Conflict and controversy: Stories involving conflict, controversy, or scandal are often considered newsworthy. This can range from political debates to celebrity feuds.
- Human Interest: Stories that appeal to the audience’s emotions or curiosity often make the news. These can include inspiring success stories, unusual events, or profiles of interesting individuals.
Clear and Concise Messaging: Craft your press release with clarity and brevity. Clearly communicate the core message of your brand story and explain why it matters to your audience. Use language that is easy to understand, avoiding excessive jargon.
Compelling Quotes: Include quotes from key individuals within your organization, such as the CEO or other relevant spokespeople. These quotes add credibility and a human touch to your brand story, making it more relatable and compelling.
Multimedia Elements: Incorporate visuals, such as images, infographics, or videos, to enhance your press release and make it visually appealing. Multimedia elements have the power to capture attention and encourage media outlets to cover your story.
Telling a compelling brand story and leveraging press releases to create earned media is a powerful strategy in today’s fiercely competitive marketing landscape. By effectively interrupting your audience, engaging them with a compelling brand story, educating them through well-crafted press releases, and offering valuable resources, you can significantly enhance your brand’s visibility and build a lasting connection with your target audience.
Follow Qamar Zaman on Linkedin to unlock the full potential of brand storytelling and elevate your marketing efforts to new heights.