When it comes to protecting wires from the various threats out there, whether they be environmental or animal, there are a few options. The most common option is wire loom, which provides a hard, durable shell for anything you plan on putting inside. Because of its toughness, wire loom is the way to go for protecting vulnerable wires.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the best Wire Loom of 2021
Criteria for Choosing the Best Wire Loom
There are many types of wire protectors out there, but when it comes to wire loom, there are a few things that determine whether it is good or not. Among them are the properties of the material used. These are the things that were considered when choosing the best wire loom:
- Durability: The durability of the wire loom is perhaps the most important thing. Wire loom is made out of a hard polyethylene material, and it is mainly used to protect wires from things such as puncture, abrasion, crushing, and other physical trauma. Therefore, the wire loom needs to be tough and trustworthy.
- Flexibility: Wire loom has to find a sweet spot between tough and flexible. The reason for this is that wires rarely go in straight lines, so the protection for them must also be capable of bending. While the flexibility of wire loom varies, especially as the diameter increases, a certain level of flexibility is important.
- Resistance: Durability plays a large role in how much protection wire loom gives, but there are other things it needs to be able to resist. A good wire loom should be able to resist corrosion from things such as oil and gasoline. It should also be able to protect what is inside from things like water and UV rays.
Another thing that needs to be considered is the split. Most of the wire loom that you purchase will be split, which means it has been pre-cut to easily house wire. It is important that the split is convenient without ruining the integrity of the wire loom. All of this was considered when choosing the best wire loom for this list.
The 7 of Best Wire Loom of 2021
When it comes down to it, wire loom is a rather simple thing. It is a hard material shaped in a way that makes it easy to use and effective at protecting wire and other items. However, despite its simplicity, there are plenty of brands on the market. The goal of this article is to help you skip the search by showing you some of the best brands out there.
Alex Tech Split Polyethylene Wire Loom
Polyethylene wire loom is one of the most widely-used types of wire loom, and Alex Tech makes some of the best. Their wire loom is thick and durable enough to protect the wires inside, and it is also resistant to abrasion, corrosion, and crushing. Plus, since it is a split loom, you can easily insert wires into the loom, regardless of the length.
Another great part about this wire loom is that the rigidness keeps wires from kinking. You can also use it in a variety of environments since the wire loom operates effectively at temperatures between -94 and 257 degrees Fahrenheit. Additionally, Alex Tech sells a wide range of sizes, so you can find whatever diameter and length fit your needs.
- It is thick and made using durable material
- The split makes it easy to access and insert wires
- The rigid material prevents kinking and damage
- There are many diameters and lengths to choose from
- It works in a wide range of temperatures and environments
- Getting it around wires can be a bit tricky at times
- It is a bit stiff due to the material
There are a lot of coverings for wire, but if you want a wire loom with a specialized purpose, then this wire loom by Electriduct is a great choice. It is made with materials that not only make it flame retardant but provide ample UV protection. That being said, its normal working temperature sits between -40 and 257 degrees Fahrenheit.
The wire loom featured here is also resistant to abrasion and chemicals. All of these properties, along with the durability, make it great for both indoor and outdoor use. You can also purchase it in a variety of lengths and diameters to find what fits your needs best. Moreover, since it is a split loom, you can easily access or insert the wires.
- It is a split loom, so it is easy to access
- It is both flame-retardant and UV protected
- The materials make it lightweight and flexible
- This wire loom is resistant to abrasion and chemicals
- It works between temperatures of -40 and 257 degrees Fahrenheit
- The split is kept tight, so it can be difficult to insert wire at times
- The material and durability mean it is quite rigid
Another great brand when it comes to wire loom is ZhiYo, whose product is known to provide great protection and ample flexibility for a good price. It provides a great deal of protection to wires since it is made using a thick layer of high-quality polyethylene. Plus, it is a great wire loom for temperatures between -40 and 257 degrees Fahrenheit.
You will also find the same abrasion and corrosion resistance in many similar wires, making it capable of protecting the wires inside from things like gasoline and oil. The side-cut corrugated wire loom also allows for an easy installation experience. In addition, it is lightweight and flexible, so setting it up is incredibly easy to do.
- It is made using high-quality polyethylene
- It works well for a wide range of temperatures
- The split makes it easy to work with
- The flexibility allows you to adjust it as needed
- It is resistant to abrasion and corrosion
- It trades some of its toughness for flexibility
- The split does not always close that well in some places
Electriduct makes a number of types of wire loom, but they provide a massive selection of their classic split wire loom. To start, it is all made using durable and high-quality polyethylene, which is not only tough but also flexible. The split is also well-designed, being both easy to use and secure, so you don’t have to worry about the wire inside.
The greatest advantage of their split wire loom is the range of diameters, lengths, and colors. The diameter ranges from 0.25 to 3.5 inches, and the lengths available span from 10 to 100 feet. You can also get the different sizes in a variety of colors, allowing you to easily organize your wires or choose a color that works for the space it is used in.
- It utilizes high-quality polyethylene that is durable and flexible
- It comes in a variety of diameters, lengths, and colors
- It provides abrasion, impact, and temperature resistance
- The split is easy to use and secure
- The color has the potential to fade due to sun exposure
- The color between the different sizes can vary
Another great option for your wire loom needs is made by American Terminal. The wire loom featured here is 1.5 inches in diameter and comes in a ten-foot length, so it is perfect for multiple wires or something like a hose. It is also made using polyethylene, the industry standard for wire looms, so you can have confidence in its durability.
Due to the material and its thickness, it can protect what is inside the tubing from crushing and abrasion. It even helps protect against vibration, puncturing, water, and UV rays, among other things. Plus, despite its size, American Terminal’s split wire loom is flexible, lightweight, and easy to work with.
- The larger diameter means you can insert multiple wires
- The material is thick and protects against various things
- It is split wire loom that is easy to work with
- It remains rather flexible and lightweight despite its size
- The larger size does reduce the flexibility
- It does not have a true UV coating
Cacovedo makes some of the best wire loom out there, especially if you are looking to protect wires from pets, keeping both them and the wire safe. However, this wire loom is not only made to be anti-bite. It also has a temperature range between -40 and 200 degrees Fahrenheit, and it is great for protecting against corrosion and abrasion.
The wire loom featured here comes in batches of 30 feet, which will suit most needs and can be cut down to size. As for its diameter, the outer diameter is around half an inch, while the internal diameter is about 3/8ths of an inch. In addition, due to the split-seam sleeve, you can easily insert wire into the loom.
- This wire loom works great for protecting wires from pets
- It has an effective temperature range of -40 to 200 degrees Fahrenheit
- It protects against corrosion, abrasion, and crushing
- The split seam is easy to use
- A truly determined pet can still chew through it
If you are not sure what size wire loom will work best for your needs, then you can always try ordering a variety of sizes from Best Connections. The wire loom provided by Best Connections is made using high-quality polyethylene, so it is very durable. Plus, you will get 20 feet of 1/4-inch, 3/8-inch, and 1/2-inch split loom.
If you are looking to protect your wires from crushing, abrasion, and potential corrosion, then this wire loom will work great. Moreover, the wire loom from Best Connections is flexible, and the split is easy to work with for a quick, effortless setup.
- It is very flexible and easy to work with
- There are a variety of diameters
- It protects against crushing, abrasion, and corrosion
- It is made using high-quality polyethylene
- It sacrifices thickness for flexibility
How to Shop for a Wire Loom
While wire loom is a rather straightforward product, there are a lot of things to consider when you are purchasing some. In fact, because of the multitude of uses, you need to be careful when shopping to ensure it will satisfy your needs. To make sure you get the right wire loom, consider these things:
- Length: The most basic consideration is length. You can always cut your wire loom shorter, but it might compromise the protection if you get something that is too short. Therefore, always make sure you get something of the appropriate length.
- Diameter: With wire loom, you have to consider the internal diameter. Therefore, if you have a wire that is half an inch in diameter, buy some wire loom that is slightly bigger to ensure a perfect fit. Moreover, if you plan on putting multiple wires inside, then you’ll have to know how bulky they are when together.
- Durability: Some wire loom is thicker than others, making it more suitable for rougher conditions. Moreover, this also affects how well it protects against animals and other threats.
- Resistances: While all wire loom is somewhat resistant to corrosion and abrasion due to the materials used, there are some that have additional properties. For instance, some brands of wire loom are resistant to UV rays, while others are more resistant to high temperatures.
Another thing to keep in mind is the split. The split has two considerations. The first is how easy it is to work with, while the other is whether it is tight and provides adequate protection. If you keep the split and everything else mentioned above in mind, then you will have no problem finding the perfect wire loom for your needs.
Using wire loom is a great way to protect wires from various threats, including things like abrasion, corrosion, and puncture. It is also heat-resistant, meaning it can help prevent damage from electrical fires. Therefore, if you are looking for a great way to protect your wires from harm, you will not go wrong with wire loom.
Other Products You May Need
- The Top 8 Best Portable Desks of 2021
- The Best Gaming Desks from Amazon Prime Deals
- The Best Cat 6 Ethernet Cable To Bump Up Your Network Speed [Top 9 List]
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.