There are very few breakfasts as sweet and satisfying as waffles. However, if you do not have the right equipment, they can be a pain to make. Fortunately, there are plenty of fantastic waffle makers out there that deliver delicious waffles in a flash. Read on to see the top waffle makers available.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the Best Waffle Maker:
- Cuisinart WAF-F40 Double Flip Belgian Waffle Maker Black/Stainless Bundle
- Dash Mini Waffle Maker for Individual Waffles
- Yedi Total Package 6-in-1 Digital Grill
Criteria for Choosing the Best Waffle Maker
When it comes to waffle makers, the basic key to success is even heat and a good non-stick surface to make things easier. From there, it all comes down to the details. Here are some of the things that were considered when choosing the waffle makers for the list:
- Result: No matter how you get there, all that matters is the end result. You want a waffle with a crispy outside and fluffy inside. You want something cooked to perfection.
- Heat: Even heat is the most important aspect, but waffle makers that heat up quickly and have settings that make it easy to get a perfect browning and texture were given preference over other waffle makers.
- Durability: Making waffles can be a messy business, and it involves some serious heat. Therefore, it is important that any waffle maker is able to handle everything you throw at it.
Some other things that were considered include how secure the waffle maker is to avoid a mess and how easy the unit is to clean. Moreover, those with quality-of-life features like indicators got a leg up on other waffle makers.
The 8 Best Waffle Makers
There are a lot of great waffle makers out there, especially if you are only looking for a decently cooked one. However, there are some great features and designs that can change your waffle game forever. On the list below, you will find some of the best waffle makers with all sorts of designs and features.
Cuisinart WAF-F40 Double Flip Belgian Waffle Maker Black/Stainless Bundle
When it comes to waffle makers, you will have a hard time finding a brand that comes close to Cuisinart. The one featured here is made out of durable stainless steel that is easy to maintain. It is also designed to make two deep Belgian waffles at a time, enabling you to get multiple waffles done fast.
This waffle maker features a 5-setting browning control that allows you to cook the waffle perfectly. It also has a non-stick coating, which makes it incredibly easy to clean. Moreover, the LED indicator lights and audio alerts help you keep track of when the waffles are done. The design even makes getting the waffles out easy.
- It is made out of high-quality stainless steel
- The non-stick coating make cooking and cleaning a breeze
- It can makes two Belgian waffles at a time
- There are six settings to get the waffles out exactly how you want them
- The LED indicators and audio alerts warn you when the waffles are ready
- The plates do not remove for cleaning
- There are plastic parts that do not hold up as well as the rest
Dash Mini Waffle Maker for Individual Waffles
Another waffle maker that is worth taking a look at comes from Dash, and it takes things in a different direction by making small individual waffles. This waffles maker is great if you only need a few waffles or want to make breakfast for kids. It is also a compact choice if you want something you can travel with or use in a small space.
The cooking surfaces are non-stick, which makes cooking and cleaning a breeze. There are also a lot of fun color choices, with some of the Dash waffle makers creating unique waffles that have different shapes, such as pumpkins and hearts. It is even great for making hash browns and other delicious food.
- It is a compact and lightweight waffle maker that is great for traveling
- The cooking surfaces are non-stick and easy to clean
- The surface heats evenly and quickly
- There are multiple colors, and some make shaped waffles
- There are rare cases where one of the surfaces stops working
- It can get very hot
Yedi Total Package 6-in-1 Digital Grill
If you want your waffle maker to make delicious waffles and more, then you should pick up this 6-in-1 digital grill from Yedi Houseware. It works as a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle, half grill/half griddle, and as a fantastic waffle maker. And one of the benefits of this is that the waffle plates are removable for super simple cleaning.
The controls are versatile and easy to use. Additionally, it heats up quickly and includes a drip tray, two features that can save you time and energy with prep and cleaning. Plus, since it has such a large cooking surface, you can make a lot of waffles quickly, making it great if you like to make big breakfasts.
- It is a versatile appliance that can do more than make waffles
- The waffle plates and other parts are removable for easy cleaning
- It heats up quickly and is easy to use
- The drip tray prevents any batter or other food bits from causing a mess
- It allows you to make a lot of waffles at one time
- The price is higher because it does so many things
- There are no precise temperature settings on the dials
Cuisinart Waffle Maker, Vertical
Cuisinart is a brand that you should not miss out on if you are looking for a waffle maker. This time, it is their vertical waffle maker that stands out, and it is not just because it has a unique design and that it saves space. This waffle maker performs just as well as other Cuisinart products, making a fantastic waffle that you are sure to love.
While a vertical waffle maker might sound baffling or like a mess, the design ensures it is easy to use by utilizing a batter pour spout to feed the batter into the closed waffle maker. It also features brown control with five settings and built-in light and audio indicators, so you know when your waffle is ready.
- The design saves a lot of space in the kitchen
- There is no mess with the batter pour spout
- There is a 5-setting brown control for perfect waffles
- It alerts you when your waffles are ready with lights and audio
- Thicker batters can be difficult to pour into the waffle maker
- It can be tedious to clean the spout
Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker
A fantastic alternative to the first Cuisinart waffle maker on the list comes from Hamilton Beach. This waffle maker uses a similar design that allows you to flip the waffles easily, ensuring thick, fluffy waffles every time. It also features non-stick grids that stop your waffle from sticking and make it much easier to clean up when you are done.
The waffle maker also has browning control and an indicator light to let you know when it is on and time to add the batter. Of course, you can only make a single waffle at a time with this waffle maker, but if you simply want great waffles and want an even better price, Hamilton Beach is a great brand to turn toward.
- The easy flipping action makes thick and fluffy waffles
- The non-stick grids make it easy to get your waffles out
- It has browning control for the perfect amount of color
- There is an indicator light to let you know when it is ready for batter
- The grids do not come out for easy washing
- It does not alert you when the waffles are ready
All-Clad 99011GT Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker
If you want something that can push out a lot of delicious waffles quickly, this waffle maker from All-Clad will serve you well. It makes two waffles at a time, with each of them being about 4 and 1/2 inches wide and an inch thick. Moreover, thanks to the seven browning levels, you can make sure they come out exactly how you want.
The waffle maker also includes LED lights that indicate when you should add batter and when the waffles are ready to eat. Plus, when it comes to cleaning up, everything will be a breeze. The surfaces are non-stick, and the removable drip tray makes sure to catch anything that tries to slip by.
- It makes two large square waffles at a time
- The pockets on the waffles are extra deep for syrup and toppings
- It has seven adjustable browning levels
- The LED lights alert you when it is ready for batter and done cooking
- It is easy to clean thanks to the non-stick surfaces and drip tray
- The grid trays do not come out of the waffle maker
Dash Multi Mini Waffle Maker
Dash does mini waffles better than most, and you can prepare them for the whole family if you get their multi mini waffle maker. This waffle maker is ready to go with four mini waffle grids and two grids for waffle sticks. In fact, the grids for the waffle sticks serve as built-in overflow channels for any extra batter, getting you the most out of an overpour.
The dual non-stick surfaces make it easy to get your delicious waffles out and clean up afterward. There is also an indicator light that lets you know when it is ready. Moreover, it has non-slip feet and a long cord to make it a convenient, safe option for all of your waffle needs. It heats up pretty fast, too.
- There are four grids for mini waffles and two for waffle sticks
- The grids for the waffle sticks act as the initial drip channels
- There are additional drip channels if you want waffle sticks
- The non-stick surface makes clean-up easier
- There is no indicator for when the waffles are ready
- It does not have any browning control
Presto 03512 Stuffler Stuffed Waffle Maker
The last waffle maker on this list takes things to the next level. It allows you to stuff your waffles, and it makes the entire process easy. All you have to do is pour in some batter, add your stuffing, and then fill with some more batter. That is it, with the waffle maker setting everything else up for you.
Aside from the novel idea, the waffle maker itself is a great product. It has a rotating design that allows for 180° flipping to evenly spread the batter. It also has non-stick surfaces, built-in tongs to make getting to your waffles easy, and a cord that can be stored in the base of the unit.
- It allows you to stuff your waffles
- The design allows you to get the batter evenly spread
- It has non-stick surfaces and built-in tongs for easy waffle retrieval
- The cord can be stored in the base
- It can leak a little if you are not careful
How to Shop for a Best Waffle Maker
There are quite a few things to consider when buying a waffle maker, but you can focus on some of the important ones to make sure you get something you will like. Here are some of the things you should keep in mind:
- Size: You want to consider the size for a few reasons, such as how well it will fit in the space you have and how many waffles it will make at one time. If you plan on feeding a lot of hungry mouths, get something that makes multiple waffles at once.
- Cleaning: There is also the matter of cleaning the waffle maker. Cleaning can actually be difficult, especially since most waffle machines cannot be submerged directly into water. If you want something easier, consider getting one with removable plates.
- Indicators: If you do not mind keeping a close eye on things, you can get any waffle maker. However, if you have hectic mornings or a lot to cook, you might want to consider investing in a waffle maker with indicators that tell you when the waffles are done. Some even do it with audio.
There are plenty of other things to consider as well, such as the length of the cord, the price, and even the thickness of the waffle. Make sure to do your research and find one that suits your needs.
Buying a waffle maker is a great choice if you enjoy a delicious morning meal covered in syrup or some other delightful addition. However, not all waffle makers are the same, meaning you need to keep a close eye on the features when you are shopping.
Other Products You May Need
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.