These 23 players came from the previous 40-man provisional roster that was announced on May 20th. There seems to be a well-rounded mix of veterans and promising young talent, the United States will look to achieve their seventh confederation championship title.
“As always, there were some difficult decisions to be made for this roster and I’m extremely pleased with how the players have shown so far this year overall,”- USMNT Head Coach Gregg Berhalter
Roster Rule Change
The 23-man futbol roster will be the final roster for the USMNT entering the Gold Cup.
Previously, teams named a 30-man roster and brought 23 to the group stage. After conclusion of the group stage, the teams were allowed to bring up six roster replacements from the 30-man roster.
Starting with this tournament, only the 23-man roster will be eligible to play throughout the Gold Cup.
The 23-Man Roster With Numbers
- 12- Sean Johnson (New York City FC)
- 22- Tyler Miller (Los Angeles Football Club)
- 1- Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC)
- 14- Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig)
- 3- Omar Gonzalez (Toronto FC)
- 2- Nick Lima (San Jose Earthquakes)
- 23- Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
- 16- Daniel Lovitz (Montreal Impact)
- 19- Matt Miazga (Chelsea)
- 13- Tim Ream (Fulham)
- 5- Walker Zimmerman (Los Angeles Football Club)
- 4- Michael Bradley (Toronto FC)
- 20- Duane Holmes (Derby County)
- 8- Weston McKennie (Schalke 04)
- 10- Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
- 15- Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)
- 6- Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC)
- 17- Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC)
- 7- Paul Arriola (D.C. United)
- 21- Tyler Boyd (Vitoria Guimaraes)
- 18- Jonathan Lewis (Colorado Rapids)
- 11- Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
- 9- Gyasi Zardes (Columbus Crew SC)
Lucky Number 13
There are 13 players who are making their Gold Cup debut, and 12 of them with their first shot in an official competition at the senior team level. Christin Pulisic is one of the notable players making his Gold Cup debut.
Five of the players on the roster have participated in a Youth World Cup including: Adams, Boyd, Pulisic, Steffen, and Trapp.
United States Upcoming Match
The USMNT will make their first trip to Cincinnati, Ohio Sunday June 9th as they face Venezuela in the final preparation match for the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup.