Sitting in front of the TV is meant to be a relaxing thing, a great way to unwind after a long day or enjoy some free time. So, it is important that you can do that comfortably, and there is no better seat for lounging in front of the TV than a fantastic recliner. In this article, you will see some of the best TV recliners on the market right in 2021.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the Best TV Recliners of 2021
- Maxxprime Upgraded Electric Power Lift Recliner
- Pulaski Larson Theatre Recliner
- Esright Electric Power Lift Chair Recliner
Criteria for Choosing the Best TV Recliners
Nothing is more important in a recliner than comfort, so most of what was considered when choosing the TV recliners for this list were the features that directly impact comfort. Here are a few of the things that were taken into account when selecting the recliners on this list:
- Padding: There are a few key areas that most recliners target, which are the head, back, arms, butt, and legs. While not every chair approaches those areas in the same way, a certain level of support is expected in all of those areas. Therefore, their padding was considered when choosing the chairs on this list.
- Roominess: What is roomy for one person might not be roomy for another. However, regardless of the size and style of the chair, a certain amount of room is expected. It includes the seat width, the back length, and how much space it offers when fully extended. It also involves the size of the leg rest.
- Sturdiness: A recliner is meant to be reclined, which is an obvious but important statement. It is important because when you recline, you want to feel sturdy and relaxed, not wobbly and uncomfortable.
Some of the other things that were considered when choosing the recliners for this list were durability and how easy the chair reclines. Additionally, when it comes to electric-powered recliners, the features available and how easy they are to use were particularly important.
The 7 of Best TV Recliners of 2021
There are a massive number of recliners out there, and it can be quite hard to find a good one, especially if you require more room or a specific feature or style. However, no matter what you want, there is a chair out there for you. The list below contains a number of styles and sizes to help you find the perfect TV recliner for your needs.
The Maxxprime electric power lift recliner is the first TV recliner on this list. This recliner is fantastic, featuring a 29-inch backrest and 22.5-inch seat width, though that does narrow a bit between the arm cushions. It also reclines to 140°, giving you about 62 inches of room to lay back and relax. It can even lean forward to help you get up.
This recliner pays careful attention to comfort as well, using a thick velvet material that is comfortable, durable, and resistant to pilling. It also features overstuffed armrests, which offer a great deal of additional comfort to your arms and sides. In addition, this TV recliner comes with two cup holders, two side pockets, and a USB charge port.
- It offers plenty of room while sitting up and while reclined
- The chair can be leaned forward to help you get up
- The material used is soft to the touch and durable
- There are overstuffed armrests for additional comfort
- There are convenient cup holders, side pockets, and a USB charge port
- The overstuffed armrests take up some of the seat width
- It is not a great choice for anyone too tall
If you want to turn your TV experience into a theatre experience, then this Pulaski recliner is hard to beat. It is made out of high-quality faux leather, which is soft, breathable, and very easy to clean. The chair is roomy, with the seat width being over 24 inches. The overall length, when reclined, is comfortable for tall people as well.
The recline is controlled with a button, making it easy to adjust your position. There is also a built-in outlet and two USB charging ports that allow you to get comfortable and make the space your own. The hidden in-arm storage and attachable swivel tray also help make the experience luxurious, making it easy to get organized and comfortable.
- The material is high-quality and easy to maintain
- The backrest and seat are roomy and great for tall people
- It has power reclining, allowing for easy adjustments
- There are an outlet and two USB charging ports
- The in-arm storage and swivel tray make it easy to get settled
- It is a bit lacking when it comes to back support
- It is not the most durable TV recliner
- The price is quite high
The Esright TV recliner featured here is what you should turn to for a comfortable seat. It starts with power recline capability, which is controlled by a button that switches the chair between multiple reclines, from a casual recline to a max of around 145°, which is ideal for a nice nap. It can even lean forward to assist you with getting up if you need it.
What really makes this TV recliner stand out is the padding. The leg rest is fully padded, and there is a soft padded cushion on the seat. Moreover, there is a full sponge back and extra cushioning for the head and arms. Moreover, it does not miss out on features, either. It includes two cup holders, storage pockets, a USB port, and heated vibration.
- The power recline feature goes all the way back to around 145°
- There is plenty of cushioning and padding in all areas
- There are multiple cup holders and storage pockets
- It has a vibration massager and lumbar heating
- It has a USB charging port
- It is not the best for very tall people
- There is a small gap at the lumbar area when fully reclined
A recliner does not have to be bulky and obvious. This recliner is proof of that, with it having a stylish look while remaining comfortable. It has clean lines and a smooth surface, giving it the appearance of a normal chair until you lean back and put your feet up. It is just that simple, too. All you have to do is lean back to go from chair to recliner.
This recliner features a padded cushion and slightly tufted back that take the comfort to a whole new level. It also has sturdy legs made out of birch that keep things stable while looking fantastic. Moreover, the polyester fabric is durable and comes in a large range of colors, allowing you to match this chair with ease. It holds up to 300lbs as well.
- It looks like a stylish chair until you lean back and kick up your feet
- It is comfortable due to the padded cushion and tufted back
- The legs ensure superior stability
- The fabric is durable and comes in many colors
- It can hold a good deal of weight without a problem
- There is not much head support
- It is not long enough for tall individuals
This Ashley Yandel recliner is a great choice if you are tall and need something with length. In fact, this recliner gives a total of 69 inches when fully reclined, which is a generous amount of room. The width of the chair is around 35 inches, with the seat width being around 19 inches when the padding from the armrest is taken into account.
The recliner is made using faux leather, which is breathable, durable, and easy to maintain. It also has powerful but quiet dual motors that allow you to adjust the chair with the simple push of a button. You can even adjust the back and leg rest independently, which is great if you want to kick your feet up without leaning back.
- The extended length is enough for tall individuals
- The padding on the arms, seat, and back is supportive and comfortable
- The material used looks great and is quite durable
- There are two motors that allow for easy adjustment
- The leg rest and back can be adjusted independently
- The seat width is not as roomy as the rest of the chair
- The feet do not go up that high
The ANJ recliner here is described as overstuffed, and that describes it perfectly. The back and the head have overstuffed pillows that provide support and comfort, regardless of whether you are sitting up or lying back. Moreover, it does not skimp in other areas, either, with the armrests, seat, and leg rest being equally comfortable.
This chair is also suitable for a wide range of individuals, having an expanded length of 64 inches, almost 22 inches of seat width, and a weight capacity of 300lbs. Additionally, this chair has an electric reclining system and a USB charging port. As an added bonus, the material is thick and easy to clean, making it a fantastic option.
- The back and head areas have overstuffed pillows for support and comfort
- The armrests, seat, and leg rest are fully padded
- The length and width are generous
- It has electric-powered reclining and a USB charging port
- The material is durable and easy to maintain
- There are more stable choices out there
- While it might work for most, it is not as suitable for tall individuals
Lane Home Furnishings makes great recliners, and the one featured here is particularly impressive if you need something large and sturdy. When extended, it easily seats people over six feet tall, and the seat width is around 26 inches. It is not only roomy, either, having a weight capacity of 500lbs that is perfect for a majority of people.
You also get superior comfort with this TV recliner, which features comfortable padding from head to foot. While there are not many additional features with this recliner, it has a handle mechanism that allows you to recline without the need for power. Moreover, it is made with steel and durable materials that allow it to hold up well.
- It is great for big and tall individuals
- The seat width of 26 inches is roomy
- The chair is padded from head to foot for utmost comfort
- The handle mechanism allows it to work without power
- You pay more for the additional roominess and durability
How to Shop for a Best TV Recliners
Now that you have a better idea of the recliners available, you can start the search for the best recliner for you. Just make sure to keep these things in mind when you are shopping for a TV recliner:
- Extended Length: Recliners sometimes look larger than they actually are, so do not trust a picture. Look at the dimensions and figure out what the extended length is, especially if you want a chair you can lay back and nap in.
- Seat Width: The width of the chair is not the width of the seat. In fact, the difference between the two can be quite large. It is important that you find the width of the seat specifically when you are determining whether you will be able to fit comfortably.
- Reclining Mechanism: The reclining mechanism is another thing you need to consider. Some recliners simply need you to lean back, others have levers, and many feature power reclining. The mechanism is particularly important for the injured or elderly, who might not be able to use certain mechanisms.
There are plenty of other things to consider as well, including the material and price. Additionally, keep where you are putting it in mind. Do you have enough room? Is it going to get in the way? You need to consider all of that when choosing a piece of furniture, especially a recliner.
A recliner makes it far more enjoyable to sit in front of the TV. You get to lean back in a large, supportive chair and relax. Moreover, there are quite a few recliners with additional features that make things even better. Just make sure you keep the size of the chair and the size of the person sitting in it in mind when going forward.
Other Products You May Need
- The Seven Best Glass Water Bottles of 2021
- The Seven Best Desk Pads of 2021
- The 8 Best Desk Mats To Keep Your Desk In Check
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.