The first round of cast members for the second season of The Twilight Zone has been revealed.
Billy Porter, Jenna Elfman, Chris Meloni, Gillian Jacobs Joel McHale and Jimmi Simpson join the cast of the CBS All Access series. Each actor will appear in the new, 10-episode season premiering later this year. Other actors announced include Daniel Sunjata, Tony Hale, Morena Baccarin, Ethan Embry, Sophia Macy, Abbie Hern and Tavi Gevinson. More actors will be announced at a later date.
In addition to the cast announcement, CBS revealed that executive producer and host Jordan Peele wrote the episode, “Downtime” for this season.
The anthology series is a modern take on the original Twilight Zone, which aired from 1959-1964 on CBS. The reboot comes from the minds of Peele and producer Simon Kinberg; it marks the third revival of the series.
Although the premiere date for the new season is yet to be announced, CBS did release the details for six of the episodes, including the titles, writers and the cast. Check it out below:
- “Downtime” — Starring Morena Baccarin, Colman Domingo and Tony Hale, and written by Jordan Peele
- “The Who of You” — Starring Daniel Sunjata , Ethan Embry, and Billy Porter, and written by Win Rosenfeld
- “A Human Face” — Starring Jenna Elfman, Chris Meloni and Tavi Gevinson, and written by Alex Rubens
- “8” — Starring Joel McHale, and written by Glen Morgan
- “Among The Untrodden” — Starring Abbie Hern and Sophia Macy, and written by Heather Anne Campbell
- “Meet in the Middle” — Starring Jimmi Simpson and Gillian Jacobs, and written by Emily C. Chang and Sara Amini