When it comes to the kitchen, stainless steel is one of the most preferred materials due to its strength and longevity. It is even resistant to things like heat and corrosion, which are great traits to have for cooking. The same is true of grills, with some of the best grills on the market using stainless steel.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the Best Stainless-Steel Grills of 2021
- Cuisinart CGG-240 Roll-Away Gas Grill
- Weber 66006001 Genesis II S-335 3-Burner Natural Gas Grill
- Char-Broil Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Criteria for Choosing the Best Stainless-Steel Grills
Stainless steel is already a sign of a high-quality product, with the metal showcasing a remarkable ability to remain durable under a wide range of conditions. Therefore, finding a grill that is made using stainless steel is already a win. However, when choosing the best stainless-steel grills, a few other things were considered as well:
- Heat: The basic requirement of a good grill is that it can provide a lot of heat. However, heat is not just about the temperature. Things such as heat distribution, consistency, and overall heat all play a factor in whether a stainless-steel grill is worth the money.
- Surface Area: The surface area of the cooking space is incredibly important when it comes to grills. The cooking space determines how much room you have to cook, and it can be split between the main cooking area, a warming area, and any side burners.
- Material: The material used is very important, whether it be the quality or the thickness. Moreover, when it comes to a good grill, you want a high-quality cooking surface, which usually means porcelain-coated cast iron.
There are a lot of small considerations when it comes to stainless-steel grills, such as the ignition system, the type of fuel it uses, and the design are all factors. However, the heat, cooking area, and material all stand out as the most important things, and they were greatly considered when making this list.
The 8 of Best Stainless-Steel Grills of 2021
There are many great stainless-steel grills, so no matter how experienced you are, you can find a good one. However, it might be a bit tedious to find the perfect grill if you do not know what you want. So, if you want to buy a stainless-steel grill but do not know where to start, check out the list below and see some of the best grills available.
Weber 66006001 Genesis II S-335 3-Burner Natural Gas Grill
If you are looking for a premium grill, turning towards Weber is the right choice. Not only do they make exceptional grills, but you can rest assured that they will last. Of course, this grill requires a bit of extra setup, needing a natural gas line to operate. However, they do sell a liquid propane version as well, so you can choose which one suits you.
This stainless-steel grill is capable of cooking up to 20 burgers, and the lid is ten inches high. Moreover, it has a porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grate and is loaded with features. There is a GS4 high-performance grilling system for effective cooking, and it includes a sear station and side burner for getting a perfect steak with the right sauce.
- All parts are under a 10-year warranty
- It can fit up to 20 burgers at once
- There is a porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grate
- It includes a GS4 high-performance grilling system
- The side burner and sear station give it versatility
- It is quite expensive compared to other grills
- It requires a gas line and cannot use propane
- Assembly can be a tedious
Cuisinart CGG-240 Roll-Away Gas Grill
Sometimes, grilling needs to be portable, especially if you plan on taking a grill to a picnic or on a camping trip. Cuisinart’s roll-away gas grill is a great choice when you need something mobile. Do not let the fact that it has wheels and is easy-to-move fool you, though. This grill has 240 square inches of cooking space and fold-out shelves.
You will not lack space with this grill, nor will you find it lacking in cooking power. It utilizes a 15,000 BTU stainless-steel loop burner. The cover is also made of double-wall stainless steel, which helps to evenly distribute heat and ensures a good cook. There is even a drip tray that makes sure that cleaning up is a breeze.
- You can take this grill with you almost anywhere
- There are 240 square inches of cooking space
- The loop burner and cover help evenly distribute heat
- Due to the drip tray, cleaning up is easy
- It has a cast-iron grill surface
- The cover’s height is a bit lacking
- The cast-iron grate can be difficult to clean
- The legs are not the sturdiest
Char-Broil Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill
The Char-Broil 4-burner grill featured here is a great example of a fantastic grill at a great price. It is made with stainless steel, so you are getting a long-lasting product that can stand up to endless hours of grilling. Additionally, the four stainless steel burners deliver an impressive total of 36,000 BTUs of heat for quick and even cooking.
The cooking surface is equally impressive, giving a total of 425 square inches of space. It is made out of porcelain-coated cast iron as well, so you do not have to worry about rust or food sticking to the surface. It also has a quick electronic ignition system, an additional side burner, and two shelves that help with storage and prep
- It is made using high-quality materials
- The main surface emits a total of 36,000 BTUs of heat
- It features an electronic ignition system
- There is ample cooking and prep space
- The side burner delivers 10,000 BTUs of heat
- The material of the grill is a bit thin, especially the shelves
- It is basic and lacks any additional features or frills
Monument Grills 4-Burner Stainless Steel Propane Gas Grill
If you want heat, then this grill from Monument Grills is the one to look at. It has four stainless steel burners, a side burner, and another side burner meant for searing. All of those burners deliver heat that totals around 72,000 BTUs, so it can handle anything you throw at it. Moreover, it all equals around 720 square inches of cooking space.
You are also getting porcelain-coated cast-iron grates and stainless-steel flame tamers, which ensure even cooking and great flavor. Of course, the features do not end there. This grill includes a built-in thermometer and clear view lid, both of which make it easy for you to know what is going on.
- It uses various burners and delivers a total of 72,000 BTUs
- There is a total of around 720 square inches of cooking space
- The cast-iron grates are coated in porcelain
- It comes with stainless-steel flame tamers
- The searing burner gets incredibly hot
- Assembling the grill can be difficult
Char-Broil Performance 2-Burner Cabinet Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill
The Char-Broil might look compact and small at first glance, but it has a good amount of space, both for cooking and for prep. The cooking space offered by this grill is 310 square inches, and it is made using porcelain-coated cast iron. Plus, there is a 95-square-inch warming rack that works great for items such as sides and buns.
This grill also has ample storage space, having a cabinet that can hold the propane tank and any additional accessories. It also has two side shelves, each of which can fold down to save space. You will also find that this grill ignites easily due to the electronic ignition.
- There is a decent amount of cooking space
- It has quite a bit of storage and shelf space
- Made from sturdy, high-quality materials
- The electronic ignition means that you can light the burners easily
- The burner design could be better
- It is tedious to assemble
- It is a smaller grill
Weber 46502001 Spirit S-315 LP Gas Grill
Weber makes great grills, and if you want one of their top-of-the-line products at a reasonable price, then the grill featured here is a great choice. It is made out of stainless steel, and it has a porcelain-enamel finish that protects it against rust and cracks. Even the grates are made out of cast iron with a porcelain-enamel coating.
This Weber grill is powered by liquid propane, and it includes many features to improve heat distribution and ensure an even cook. You also get over 420 square inches of cooking space and a warming rack that increases that space even further. There are even tool hooks and an easy-to-clean drip tray to make it even more convenient.
- It is made out of stainless steel
- There is a porcelain-enamel finish
- There are 420 square inches of cooking space
- It has a drip tray for easy cleaning
- It takes some effort to assemble
- The cabinet is rather small
- Weber grills tend to be expensive
Pit Boss Grills Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill
This two-burner Pit Boss grill is a great example of a portable product that you can use almost anywhere. It is perfect for camping or for small spaces, and although it comes in a small package, it is a high-quality grill. The body and lid are both stainless steel, and the burners each deliver 10,000 BTUs, so they do the job well.
There are even features designed to make this portable grill more convenient, including folding legs and a latching hook, both of which make it easier to carry. It is lightweight as well, with the entire grill only weighing around 30 pounds. You will even find it easy to start and monitor because of the push-and-turn ignition and built-in thermometer.
- It is incredibly compact and lightweight
- You can fold the legs and latch the hood
- It uses high-quality stainless steel
- The burners each deliver 10,000 BTUs
- It has 276 square inches of cooking space
- The lid does not have much height
- The legs do not lock into place
Megamaster 820-0033M Propane Gas Grill
The last grill on this list is another great portable grill that can be used almost anywhere. It is lightweight, weighing just under 20 pounds, but it is still made out of high-quality stainless steel. Even the cooking grid is made with stainless steel, so the entire product is durable and trustworthy.
While this grill is great to take with you, it does sacrifice some power to do so. This lightweight grill has two burners that give out a combined 16,000 BTUs. In addition, the cooking space offered is just under 200 square inches. However, if you are looking for something mobile, this grill will deliver.
- It is made using high-quality stainless steel
- The legs are foldable
- There is a lock for the lid
- It weighs less than 20 pounds
- It has two reliable burners
- It does not deliver as much heat as other grills
- The cooking surface is rather small
- The flame adjustment can be touchy
How to Shop for a Best Stainless-Steel Grills
There are a lot of stainless-steel grills to choose from, which might make it even harder to choose the perfect one for you. However, it does not have to be a difficult decision. As long as you consider these things, then you will soon find a great grill that will leave you satisfied:
- Size: You will want to consider both the overall size of the grill and the cooking area. While the overall size will determine where you can put and use it, the cooking area determines just how much you can accomplish at one time. If you rarely grill, you might consider something smaller and easier to store.
- Heat: More heat is always a good thing since you can adjust it as you want, but not everyone needs a grill with a ton of heat. If you only want to cook a few things and do not mind a lower temp and slower cook, you can afford to have fewer BTUs. Plus, you need to consider things like heat distribution and consistency.
- Fuel Type: Some grills require natural gas, which needs a direct line, while some use propane, coal, or wood pellets. Therefore, when shopping for your stainless-steel grill, make sure to consider the fuel type. You will get rid of a few options immediately once you have done that.
Beyond these things, make sure to consider the overall durability and stability of the grill. While stainless steel is a great material, it does not immediately equate to a great product. Moreover, the design of a grill will mean a lot, impacting both its durability and its sturdiness.
Buying a stainless-steel grill means that you are getting a product that will not only do the job well but will last a long time. Moreover, with so many options to choose from, you can surely find one that suits your needs. So, if you are looking for a new grill and want a fantastic product, then consider one of the stainless-steel grills on this list.
Other Products You May Need
- The Top 9 Most Compatible & Portable Charcoal Grills
- The Best Meat Tenderizer Tool of 2021 – Spice Your BBQ Game Up
- These Kitchen Gadgets Will Make Your New Home-Cooking Life Easier
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.