Although there are a few types of nail extensions out there, poly gel nails are growing in popularity, and for a good reason. Poly gel nails have a great shine, and they are both durable and lightweight. They even last a long time and are not terribly difficult to get right with a little practice. Read on to see some great kits that will help you get started.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the Best Polygel Nail Kits of 2021
- Morovan Poly Gel Nail Kit with 48W LED Nail Lamp
- Modelones Poly Extension Gel Nail Kit
- Beetles Poly Extension Gel Nail Kit
Criteria for Choosing the Best Polygel Nail Kits
When it comes to poly gel nail kits, you have to make sure you are getting a kit where all of the components are going to be worth the price. After all, it would be a shame for your nail experience to be ruined by a single low-quality item. Here are a few of the reasons that the poly gel nail kits on this list were chosen above others:
- Colors: Perhaps the most important part of any kit is the gel itself, mainly the colors. Although there are plenty of vital things to consider, if the colors are not good, then the end result will be disappointing, even if everything goes right. Therefore, a variety of vivid colors are present in the chosen nail kits.
- Tools: There are a few essential tools that every nail kit needs to work properly, and while not every nail kit has those tools, most of them do. In fact, the purpose of a poly gel nail kit is to make sure you get everything you need to get started, even if it is the bare minimum. So, the tools included mattered during selection.
- Nail Quality: The quality of the end result is important. You want the nails to be durable and stay on for a reasonable amount of time. Of course, some of that depends on what you use with the gel, how thick you make them, and what you do day to day, but the quality of the nail needs to be high for the kit to be worth it.
There are a lot of little things to consider when looking at poly gel nail kits, from what tools and colors are included to their individual quality. However, while not all of the kits on this list will have every single thing you need, they are all high-quality and capable of helping you get started.
The 7 of Best Polygel Nail Kits of 2021
There are a lot of poly gel nail kits out there, and the market is only increasing with their rising popularity. Therefore, it can be difficult to find the best options, especially if you are a beginner who has not done their own nails before. Fortunately, there are kits out there that are suitable for everyone, with some of the best kits being on the list below.
If you are looking for a poly gel nail kit that has everything you need to get started, this popular nail kit from Morovan should be at the top of your list. It comes with a total of eight colors, including six pure and two ombre, and it has everything you need to apply a proper foundation, such as nail dehydrator, primer, base coat, and top coat.
This kit provides all of the basic nail preparation tools as well, including a nail cleanser. Plus, this kit comes with more than the necessities, including a 48-watt nail lamp that is designed for use with everything in the kit and shortens curing time by around 50%. There are even 120 dual forms in 12 sizes and decorations for a sparkly final touch.
- There are eight colors, both pure and ombre
- It includes all you will need for a proper foundation
- It comes with every basic nail preparation tool you might need
- The nail lamp shortens the curing time by half
- There are decorative embellishments for fancy nails
- It takes quite a bit of time to dry, even with the nail lamp
- The kit does not include nail clips
Modelones poly gel nail kit is another example of a kit that includes all you need to get started. There are a total of six colors in this kit, with a little something for everyone. You will also find slip solution, a base-top coat set, and a variety of prep tools. The kit even comes with nail glitter and gems to add a sparkly, decorative finish to your nails.
This nail kit has both curved dual forms and straight dual forms. Moreover, once you have everything where you want it, you can make the curing process faster by using the high-quality 48-watt nail lamp. The Modelones nail kit even comes with easy-to-follow directions that will help beginners get the hang of things.
- The six included colors have a little something for everyone
- It comes with the basic prep tools
- There is decorative glitter and gems for a sparkly finish
- The kit comes with curves and straight dual forms
- The directions are clear and beginner-friendly
- There are no nail clips in the kit
- There are no bright colors
There are a lot of kits out there, but if you are looking for one that includes a lot of decorative additions, then this poly gel nail kit is a fantastic place to start. It comes with six types of nail glitter, mixed glitter flakes, gold and silver nail foil, nail rhinestones, and gems. You will have a hard time finding another kit that shines as brightly.
The kit also has some basics to work with, starting with three colors of nail extension gel, which are clear, white, and light pink. It also includes top coat, slip solution, and nail strengthener. While the tools included in the kit are few, you do get dual forms and a 48-watt nail light lamp. It is a great kit for those who already have some basic tools.
- There is an abundance of embellishments for fancy nails
- The three colors of nail gel are high-quality
- It comes with bottles of base, matte, and glossy top coat
- The brush and tweezers that come with the kit are quite good
- Many people have found the slip solution to be lacking
- The kit lacks some essential tools
- Without nail dehydrator and bonder, it might not last long
While this kit does not have a lot of tools, it does come with the essentials, including a nail file, dual forms, a dual-headed pen, and the base and top coats. However, despite the kit only coming with the minimal number of tools, the poly nail gel is high-quality and abundant. Not only do you get six classic colors, but you get a good amount of each.
Additionally, even though this kit does not include a lamp, the gel is quick to dry when put under an LED lamp. The nails also last a long time, staying on for up to a month with proper care and maintenance. Moreover, these high-quality products come at a fantastic price that is hard to beat. It is all quite beginner-friendly as well.
- It comes with almost all of the essentials
- The poly gel is high-quality and comes in large quantities
- The gel dries quickly and lasts for a significant amount of time
- The price is fantastic
- It is beginner-friendly
- It does not come with slip solution
- There is no lamp in this kit
- The range of colors is not impressive
The poly gel nail kit featured here comes from Ohuhu, and it provides a number of essentials, along with numerous colors to give you a lot of variety. In fact, the kit has 18 colors that come in 15ml sizes, including ten regular colors, four temperature-changing colors, and four glittering colors. There is something for every preference and situation.
There are also numerous necessities that come with this kit, such as a base coat, glossy and matte top coats, cleaning solution, and nail forms. There is even a set of basic accessories, which contains a double-ended brush pen, nail file, clippers, dead skin scissors, and a steel pusher. They even sell a different kit that includes a lamp.
- The kit comes with a large variety of striking colors
- The base coat, top coats, and cleaning solution provided are high-quality
- There are all the basic accessories that you might need
- There is an identical kit with a lamp if you need one
- They do not last that long and tend to break easily if applied too thin
SXC produces a number of fantastic poly gel nail kits, but the Zodiac Series stands out for one simple reason—the gel glows in the dark. The glow-in-the-dark trait is present in all six of the colors in this kit, featuring their Aries, Scorpio, Libra, Taurus, Virgo, and Aquarius colors. Moreover, the kit comes with a lot of each vibrant color—30ml of each.
Staying true to form, these glow-in-the-dark nails come with some fantastic decorative additions in the form of diamonds that also glow in the dark and two types of glitter. The kit even has some staples, like base coat and top coat, a nail file, and a dual-ended brush. The best part is that these nails are durable and will last with some care.
- The colors are vibrant and glow in the dark
- The kit contains a good amount of each color
- Most of the essentials are included in the kit
- There are plenty of decorative embellishments
- There is no nail lamp included in the kit
- The nails have a long curing time
- There is no slip solution
Do you like pink? If you do, this is the poly gel nail kit for you. It is not just the six included colors that are almost all pink, but almost every component of this kit is the color pink. In fact, the entire kit comes in beautiful pink boxes that make it a great gift. Plus, aside from gorgeous, vibrant colors, it contains all kinds of additional items.
You get some slip solution, base coat, and top coat with this kit. Additionally, it comes with 60 dual forms in 12 sizes, along with a nail file and dual-ended nail brush and spatula to get you started. There is even a bit of glitter and some rhinestones to add some decoration. To top things off, there is a small travel-size 6W lamp for curing.
- The six colors in this kit are bright and vibrant
- The packaging and overall look of the kit are fantastic
- There are essentials such as slip solution, base coat, and top coat
- The kit has the most basic tools to get you started
- A travel-size 6W lamp is included
- The size of the lamp makes curing a slow process
- There are not many tools included in the kit
How to Shop for a Best Polygel Nail Kits
Now that you have seen some of the different poly gel nail kits that are out there, you should have an idea about what you want. However, the choices can be narrowed down further if you consider these things while shopping:
- Color: Perhaps the most important thing for narrowing down your options is the color or colors you want. After all, there are a lot of colors out there, with many kits leaning towards a certain look or collection of colors. Narrowing down your choices by color is a great place to start.
- Tools: Do you need a nail lamp? What about additional tools beyond the minimum? If so, you want to find a kit that has the tools you need. At the very least, you want a kit that covers most of them, then you can go and get anything else you need on its own.
- Kit Size: How large of a kit are you wanting to buy? Some of the kits out there, and even some on this list, have quite a few items. However, if you are just trying it out, start small. You can always get a bigger kit or expand your collection once you are sure this is something you want to invest your time into.
There is no perfect kit out there, but many of them do contain the tools you need to get started, which saves you the effort of picking up the pieces individually. Therefore, find something with a color you like, make sure it covers the basics, and go for it.
Poly gel nail kits are becoming more popular for a reason. The nails are visually appealing, they are something a beginner can do with a little practice, and using a kit can save you a lot of money. Therefore, if you think this is something you would like to try, you should go for it. Just make sure to be patient since it might take some practice.
Other Products You May Need
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.