There are some times when you just can’t escape the heat, whether it be a stuffy workplace or a stroll under the summer sun. For those looking for a convenient way to combat high temperatures, neck fans are one of the most convenient ways. They are powerful, wireless, and provide hands-free relief from even the hottest of days.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the Best Neck Fan of 2021
Criteria for Choosing the Best Neck Fan
When it comes to choosing the best neck fans out there, it is all about convenience and efficiency. While there are some features that are worth looking at, the basics are where it is at. That is why these things were considered when choosing the neck fans on this list:
- Power: The most important thing is the power of the fan. The power determines whether it will be able to keep you cool, and if that is lacking, then there is no point in using the fan. Therefore, all of the fans on this list were chosen after considering the power they can deliver.
- Battery Life: A fine balance needs to be maintained between power and battery life. After all, while power is the most important thing, if it only lasts a few minutes, it wouldn’t be worth having either. While different power settings have different lifetimes, all of the fans on this list will last a few hours at least.
- Design: While it might not seem vital, there is no doubt that it is. The design not only impacts how much cool air will be delivered, but it determines how long you will be able to comfortably wear the neck fan and who can wear it.
All of the fans on this list were chosen because they work well in all of the categories listed above. Each of them has the necessary battery life and power to be efficient, and the designs are all suited for a wide number of people.
The 8 of Best Neck Fan of 2021
When it comes to neck fans, there are only two widespread designs. There are fans that utilize two fans connected to flexible arms and those that have a bladeless design. Both designs have their merits, and there are many brands of each. This article displays both types of fans and shows the pros and cons of each.
GULAKI Hands Free Portable Neck Fan
This portable neck fan made by GULAKI is one of the best options that you will find. To start, it is inexpensive and reliable, so you are getting a great deal. Moreover, it can be used as both a neck fan and a portable desk fan due to its design. The main reason for this is that it can be adjusted 360 degrees, allowing you to direct the airflow anywhere.
This neck fan also comes equipped with three adjustable speeds, giving you a choice between a quiet breeze and a more powerful gust. There are also seven LED lights to give it a bit of flair. If that is not enough, you can count on its rechargeable lithium battery, which can last between 2.5 and 6 hours, depending on the set speed
- It can rotate and is a versatile fan
- There are three adjustable speeds
- It has built-in LED lights
- The battery is rechargeable
- It has a decent battery life
- It can be difficult to use if you have long hair
JISULIFE Portable Neck Fan
One of the best portable neck fans out there is this fan by JISULIFE. The design allows it to send air from a total of 78 air outlets as it rests on your neck, giving you 360-degree air movement that cools you without blowing directly in your face. Moreover, the design eliminates the worry of getting your hair caught in a fan blade, making it easy to use.
Another great thing about this neck fan is the battery life. The JISULIFE neck fan has a running time of between 4 and 16 hours, depending on which of the three-speed settings you use it on. Even when it is out of battery life, you will only need around three to five hours to bring it back to full charge, so you can enjoy its low-noise cooling often
- It has a total of 78 air outlets
- The design is safe for those with longer hair
- It has a battery life of up to 16 hours
- The battery charges in three or so hours
- It does not give off much noise during use
- The price is higher than most neck fans
- It might not fit large necks
COMLIFE Portable Neck Fan
COMLIFE’s neck fan is a great choice if you want something durable and adjustable. Not only is it made out of strong materials that will last, but you can adjust it quite a bit due to the flexibility of its arms. You will be able to point the two fans wherever you want to, which also means that this portable neck fan will fit almost any neck size.
The adjustable nature of this fan does not end at the fans themselves. In fact, this neck fan has a total of six speeds to choose from, including a natural wind mode, which switches between cooling and pausing every five seconds. Plus, the battery lasts 2 to 5.5 hours on the static settings while reaching 16 hours on the natural wind mode.
- The arms of the fan are highly flexible
- It is more durable than most neck fans
- There are six speeds to choose from
- The battery lasts between 2 and 5.5 hours
- The natural wind mode can last throughout the day
- It is not the best design for long hair
ITHKY Hands-Free Bladeless Neck Fan
ITHKY makes another bladeless neck fan that you should take a look at if you are looking for cooling on the go. This neck fan has 48 wind outlets, and because of the design, you do not have to worry about getting your hair caught in them. In fact, it makes the entire neck fan safer than other designs without sacrificing cooling power.
The ITHKY bladeless neck fan also allows you to choose between three speeds, and depending on which speed you choose, you can expect a battery life between 2.5 and 7 hours. The charge time for the battery is low as well, meaning you can use it often. Moreover, you get all of this in a low-noise design that stays at or below 31 decibels.
- There are 48 wind outlets for 360-degree cooling
- The design is very safe, even for those with long hair
- There are three speeds to choose from
- It has a good battery life and fast charge speed
- You can expect noise lower than 31 decibels
- It is not the most durable option
- It is not that powerful
COMLIFE 5000mAh Battery Operated Neckband Fan
If you want a fan that will last a long time, then give this neck fan from COMLIFE a look. It uses a 5000mAh battery, meaning you can expect a long life, and with COMLIFE’s flexible design, you get a powerful adjustable fan as well. In fact, due to the polymer battery used by this neck fan, the most energy-efficient setting lasts up to 22 hours.
This neck fan has three static speed settings, with each also having a natural wind mode. Even at the highest speed, the battery lasts up to 10 hours, while the natural wind mode of the lowest speed setting lasts 22 hours. You can also charge it almost anywhere using the USB charger, so you will not have to worry about battery life.
- It provides effective cooling at many speeds
- The battery life reaches up to 22 hours
- The battery lasts 10 hours at the highest speed
- It can be charged quickly using its USB charger
- The design is flexible and works for almost anyone
- Some people find it heavy on the neck
JCT Portable Neck Fan
Another portable neck fan that deserves some attention is the JCT fan featured here. It has everything you could want, including power and longevity. In fact, with only four hours of charge, this fan can last between 4 and 12 hours. The battery life is due to the lightweight and efficient 2000mAh battery used, which can be charged with a USB.
The battery life of the fan depends on which of its three speeds is used, but no matter which speed is chosen, you can expect good cooling power and little noise. While the power and low noise are partially due to the copper brushless motor, it is also due to the design, which is easily adjustable and allows for maximum power.
- It has a good battery life
- It is an inexpensive fan
- The motor delivers power without much noise
- The fan is highly adjustable and easy to use
- You need to be careful if you have long hair
FrSara Neck Fan
When it comes to neck fans, few are as versatile and customizable as the one featured here by FrSara. To start, you are getting a design that revolves around air outlets and has no fan blades, so it is safe for any hair length and provides 360-degree comfort. It also cools quickly, providing relief in as little as three seconds.
The middle section of the fan that sits on the neck is made with flexible silicone, so you can adjust the fit as needed. There are also three speeds that work between two and eight hours, depending on the wind speed. You get all of this along with a low-noise design and anti-slip design, both of which boost the convenience to another level.
- It comes in a variety of colors
- It provides 360-degree comfort
- The middle section is flexible and adjustable
- You do not have to worry about it slipping
- The battery life is lacking at max speed
- It is noisier than some similar fans
RIYA Neck Fan
The final neck fan on this list is one made by RIYA. The first thing to take note of is that this fan comes with two 2600mAh batteries, allowing you to charge one while you use the other, which can eliminate downtime and allow you to use the fan for up to 24 hours. Though, at the highest of the three settings, the battery life is eight hours.
Of course, with the power of this neck fan, you might not need to turn the fan to the highest setting. It achieves 12,000 RPM and remains relatively quiet at max power. Moreover, this fan has flexible arms, so you can adjust it as needed, even using it as a desk fan. There are even built-in LED lights that can be turned on or off.
- It comes with two rechargeable batteries
- The battery life is long
- It achieves up to 12,000 RPM
- There are built-in LED lights
- Not great for those with long hair
How to Shop for a Best Neck Fan
If you plan on buying a neck fan, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. Of course, most neck fans are suitable for a wide audience, but the differences can be important. Because of that, you should keep these things in mind:
- Power: While most neck fans will have enough power to suit your needs, there are some differences between the brands and designs. Therefore, when purchasing a neck fan, take a look at the wind speed it delivers.
- Battery Life: This is a basic concern for those buying a neck fan. You want to make sure the battery life suits your purpose. If you plan on using your neck fan for long periods of time, you will need one with a larger battery or multiple batteries.
- Design: The two main types of neck fans have one major difference, which is the presence of fan blades. The bladeless neck fans are more suitable for those with long hair that do not want to tie it up since they are safer. However, they are sometimes not as effective or cost-efficient as the other type of neck fan.
When it comes to choosing a neck fan, the main thing that will determine which is best is what you plan to do with it. You will need to select the design that suits you and then choose the power and battery life from there.
Neck fans are a great way to cool off, especially when you want a convenient option that can be used hands-free. Moreover, there are quite a few on the market, making it easy to find one that suits your needs. So, do not hesitate to grab a neck fan if you are looking for a portable cooling option.
Other Products You May Need
- The 8 Best Oscillating Fans of 2021
- The Best Wire Loom of 2021
- The Top 8 Best Portable Desks of 2021
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.