Earrings are a great accessory for men, whether it is to show off individuality or follow the trends of modern fashion. They can be an easy, inexpensive way to add to a look, and there are plenty of choices out there to match any person. Read on to see some of the best men’s earrings available right now.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the Best Men’s Earrings of 2021
- Vitaltyextracts 7 Pairs Black Round Stud Earrings
- Besteel 2 Pairs Stainless Steel CZ Stud Earrings
- Jstyle Stainless Steel Hoop Earrings
Criteria for Choosing the Best Men’s Earrings
There is a lot of subjectivity when it comes to what earrings someone will like, but that does not mean that there are no earrings that stand out from the crowd. Moreover, colors and styles aside, there are still things that need to be true for a pair of earrings to be worth the purchase. Here are some of what was considered when building this list:
- Material: The material of a pair of earrings is incredibly important. To begin with, the material directly impacts the durability of an earring, and since they are quite small by nature, cheap material can mean they break easily and quickly. Some materials can cause allergic reactions and irritation as well.
- Design: The design of a pair of earrings is vital to the overall look and suitability. Most men’s earrings tend to have subtle sizes and designs, though there are exceptions. No matter what the design, it is important that it has a clean, sleek look and good craftsmanship.
- Clasps: Clasps might be replaceable on some pairs of earrings, but that is not always the case. Therefore, it is important that the clasps be high-quality and reliable.
There are other things that were considered as well, such as the colors involved and whether they fade with time. Additionally, the various styles and sizes were looked at, along with the price.
The 8 of Best Men’s Earrings of 2021
There are a ton of earrings out there, and the truth is, wearing an earring is about style and expressing yourself, which means what works for others might not work for you. However, regardless of what you end up wearing in the end, the earrings on the list below offer a great place to start in your search for the perfect accessory.
If you are looking for earrings that are both simple and elegant, going with a pair of round stud earrings is a good choice. The sleek look of these black studs will go with almost any outfit, and it suits more skin tones. Additionally, since these earrings are made out of stainless steel, they will last a long time and not irritate your skin.
This set comes with seven pairs of black round stud earrings, with sizes ranging from 3mm to 10mm. The different sizes are great for a number of reasons. First, you can wear multiple pairs if you have more than one piercing in an ear. Or, you can choose which size to wear based on how noticeable you want them to be.
- The style is simple but elegant
- The color is great for most outfits and skin tones
- They are made from stainless steel
- The set includes seven pairs, ranging from 3mm to 10mm
- The price is fantastic
- The clasps feel a bit cheap compared to the rest of the earring
- The semi-polished finish shows fingerprints on them
Besteel makes another pair of men’s earrings you should check out. They have the same black color, which goes great with a variety of skin tones and clothing. However, these earrings feature inlaid black cubic zirconia, which gives them an upscale, shiny look. Moreover, you get two styles, with the set including round and square pairs.
Cubic zirconia aside, these earrings are made out of 100% stainless steel, making them safe to wear and preventing irritation. They are also quite durable and long-lasting. Additionally, while the earrings featured in the link are 8mm, the brand sells these earrings in sizes from 3mm to 8mm, so you can get whatever size you prefer.
- The color is great for a variety of outfits and skin tones
- The cubic zirconia gives them an upscale, elegant appearance
- The metal is 100% stainless steel
- There are a range of sizes to choose from
- The posts of these earrings are not the most durable
Another popular type of men’s earring you should consider are huggie earrings, which are a type of small hoop earring that hugs close to the ear. These can make an impact while remaining subtle and stylish. And this set of huggie earrings from Jstyle is a great place to start, with silver, gold, and black earrings guaranteeing anyone a good look.
These earrings are 18-gauge, and they have a width of 3mm. The outer diameter of the earrings featured here is 12mm, but they also come in 16mm and 20mm if you want something larger. They are also made from stainless steel that is both durable and has lasting color retention.
- These hoops are small and subtle
- The variety of colors makes this set versatile
- They are available in three diameters
- The stainless steel has lasting color retention
- The curved post can be a bit difficult to put in
- The quality control is a bit lacking
Huggie hoop earrings are a great type of earrings for men, and they can be taken up a notch with dangling charms. The earrings featured here have a design etched into the hoops and black feathers hanging from them. Moreover, Labekaka carries a variety of earrings with different hoop designs and charms, coming in several colors as well.
These earrings are made out of surgical stainless steel, so they are resistant to corrosion, durable, and will not cause irritation. You can get these earrings in 12mm and 14mm diameters, and the dangling feathers on them are around 12mm long. Just keep in mind that they can be heavier due to the dangling portion.
- The dangling charms and design add a stylish touch
- The color is great for almost any skin tone
- They are made out of durable stainless steel
- They can be a bit heavy because of the charms
- The feathers are known to fade over time
If you are a fan of gauges but want the look without the stretch, then perhaps picking up a pair of fake gauge earrings is the way to go. FLYUN makes some great fake gauges that come with all sorts of designs, including the Viking runes featured on these earrings. In fact, you get six unique pairs of earrings in this one set.
These earrings are 18-gauge, with the fake gauge size being 00-gauge. They are also lightweight and have designs that retain their color wonderfully. The base color is black, so they are going to go great with everything, and the runes are white, which stand out wonderfully. Moreover, the surgical stainless steel is sure to last.
- They have the look of gauges without the stretching
- There are unique Viking runes on each of the pairs of earrings
- The black base with white design makes the runes stand out
- The surgical stainless steel is durable
- There have been some reports of rare allergic reactions
- They can be a bit tough to screw on
This set of earrings has it all, offering three pairs of dangle earrings, three pairs of circle hoop earrings, and nine unique stud earrings in all sorts of shapes and sizes. It is a pack you can get if you do not know what you want or simply like to change things up regularly. It is also all in black, though you can also get the same set in gold.
The polish on these earrings gives them a smooth, shiny finish. They are made from nickel-free and lead-free stainless steel as well, so you do not have to worry about allergic reactions or subpar durability. Just make sure to give them a good cleaning once they arrive, then enjoy.
- There are 15 different pairs of earrings to play around with
- The color is great with almost any outfit and skin tone
- The polish gives them a sleek, smooth appearance
- They contain no lead or nickel
- They are lightweight
- The backings are not as high-quality as the rest of the earrings
- The chains on the dangling earrings are a bit fragile
- There are some issues with missing earrings upon arrival
If real gauges are your thing, then there are all kinds of great earrings to choose from, though these ear gauges from COOEAR stand out. They are made from durable stainless steel, so not only will they last a long time, but they are also resistant to corrosion and fading.
These men’s earrings also have some vivid colors, with the brand selling silver, gold, black, and copper flesh tunnel ear gauges. They even have a different color on the inside of the flesh tunnel, which adds a nice contrast. COOEAR offers these gauges in a variety of sizes as well, making it easy to fit them to your ears.
- They are made out of durable stainless steel
- They have vivid colors that stand out
- There is a large range of sizes to choose from
- The pictures are misleading in that you only get a single pair per order
There are certain designs and styles that can be considered classic or mainstream, but there are plenty of niche and novelty earrings out there that can make a more personal statement than any of the others on this list. An example of a great pair of novelty earrings is these ace spade stud earrings from Jude Jewelers.
Jude Jewelers makes a lot of great novelty earrings, and the ones featured here are solid stainless steel, which will hold up under almost any circumstances. Moreover, because they are solid stainless steel and do not contain nickel, you do not have to worry about irritation and redness. The price is pretty good as well!
- The design is unique and fun
- The material used is solid stainless steel
- You do not have to worry about irritation
- They come at a reasonable price
- They are quite small
- The black paint comes off if exposed to alcohol during cleaning
How to Shop for a Best Men’s Earrings
Now that you have seen some of the best earrings on the market, you might know what you want. However, if you do not, or if you want to narrow it down a bit further, you can think about these things:
- Purpose: Are you looking to show off a sense of style or a sense of self? If your goal is style, then you want to make sure the earrings you get are subtle and go with the outfit you are wearing above all else. You might also want a greater variety for various situations. If you want to express yourself, get anything!
- Skin Tone: You should always consider your skin tone when buying earrings. Lighter skin tends to go better with silver or white gold, olive skin works with almost anything, and dark skin works particularly well with yellow gold. Of course, there are plenty of other colors as well, like black, which is great for most people.
- Face Shape: Another thing to consider is the shape of your face. While it might not have a huge impact, square earrings tend to look great on those with round faces, with round or curved earrings looking great on those with square faces.
You should also consider the size of the post and the heaviness of the earrings. Even the sensitivity of your skin is something you can think about when shopping for earrings.
Men’s earrings are a great way to accessorize yourself, especially with their returning popularity. Moreover, they can be a great way to express yourself, allowing you to show off some individuality. Just make sure that, no matter what, you get a pair that is going to look good and last.
Other Products You May Need
- The 8 Most Beautiful Hematite Rings Your Fingers Need
- The 10 Best Clear Heels You Can Still Wear In The Fall
- The Best Poly Gel Nail Kits of 2021
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.