Whether you are an athlete, someone who works out often, or simply someone suffering from aches and pains, a massage gun can be a helpful tool to deal with discomfort and soreness. It is easy to use, too, only requiring you to press it against a tired muscle for a great massage. So if you want muscle relief, take a look at the massage guns below.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the Best Massage Gun
- TOLOCO EM26 Massage Gun
- Renpho Powerful Portable Massage Gun
- TheraGun Elite – 4th Generation Massage Gun
Criteria for Choosing the Best Massage Gun
There are a lot of massage guns on the market, and while most of them look similar, they are not the same. There are some big differences between the various brands, and it is important to get one that will last and effectively get the job done. Here are some of the things that were considered when making this list:
- Power: Power is one of the most important aspects of any massage gun. More does not always mean better, though, especially if you only want a light massage, but great massagers often have adjustable power levels. All of the products on this list have enough power to give you a great massage.
- Durability: The massaging process is quite strenuous on the massage gun, meaning the product needs to be durable if it is going to last. Only massage guns made out of durable material and known to last were included on the list.
Although those are the most important aspects, there were many other reasons as well, including the quality of the heads included, the lifetime of the battery, the level of noise produced during use, and the handle.
The Best Massage Guns
The market is flooded with massage guns, and many are not worth the purchase. However, just as many high-quality brands deliver an effective product that can help you get rid of soreness and pain with ease. Below, you will find various brands with numerous features and at many different prices.
There are plenty of massage gun brands out there, but few are as known as TOLOCO. And their name is widespread with good reason. Their massage guns are high-quality tools that effectively relieve muscle fatigue and pain, among other benefits. Moreover, they use high-quality materials and include features like a non-slip silicone handle.
This massage gun also features an LCD touch screen that makes it easy to see the current level and adjust the massage level to the exact level you need. It also has a brushless motor that is made to last for a long time and does not make too much noise. It even lasts up to four hours per charge at low speed, so you get plenty of use out of it.
- The simple design has an ergonomic silicone handle for a good grip
- The LCD touch screen allows you to adjust the settings easily
- There is a brushless motor that is made to last
- It only reaches about 40dB during use
- It can last up to four hours on a single charge
- It is quite expensive compared to many other brands
Renpho Powerful Portable Massage Gun
Renpho makes one of the best massage guns out there. One of the first features to take note of is the handle, which is not as bulky as some of the other guns out there, making it easy to grip. While Renpho does not make any huge innovations with their massage gun, it is a solid choice that comes at a great price for the level of quality you get.
There are many features that make this a great massage fun, starting with its ability to deliver a max force of 35lbs for intense penetration and deep relief. There are a total of five speeds that range between 1800 and 3200 rpm, which combine with the five heads to target various body parts. It also has a powerful lithium battery that charges quickly.
- The handle is made to be easy to grip and to not slip
- There are five speeds that range between 1800 and 3200 rpm
- The gun comes with a total of five massager heads
- The rechargeable battery charges quickly and lasts for multiple uses
- There is a 10-minute auto-off feature to improve safety
- The way you cycle through power levels is tedious
TheraGun Elite – 4th Generation Massage Gun
If you do not mind spending a bit more, TheraGun offers a range of incredibly effective and tough products, including their 4th generation elite massage gun. It begins with a powerful brushless motor that provides deep muscle treatment and uses QuietForce Technology, which works with sound insulation to reduce the noise to a minimum.
Percussive therapy gets in deeper than traditional vibration massagers, getting better results than ordinary massagers. Despite the power, you will not feel strain due to the ergonomic grip that offers multiple places to hold, depending on the angle you need. Moreover, the OLED screen allows you to monitor the adjustable speed during use.
- It is made out of high-quality materials that are durable and will last
- The QuietForce Technology and sound insulation ensure low noise
- The percussive therapy gets in deeper than most other massagers
- There is an ergonomic multi-grip handle for less hand strain
- The multiple attachments and speeds allow a customized experience
- The price is very high for what it is
- There are not that many speed settings
Turonic GM5 Massage Gun
The Turonic GM5 Massage Gun goes beyond just surface-level relaxation; it penetrates up to 11mm deep into your muscles, simulating a real sports massage. With a high-torque brushless motor that can adjust between 1200-3200 rpm, this device offers the kind of muscle relaxation you usually only get from a professional therapist. You’ll find it particularly useful if you’re an athlete or someone who needs relief from muscle stiffness and pain.
Ease of use is another strong point for the GM5. Its interface is straightforward, sporting just two indicators—one for battery life and another for the current mode. The massage gun is so quiet, you’ll barely notice it’s on, registering at just 45 dB, quieter than a casual conversation. And with an impressive battery life of up to 8 hours, you can bring it anywhere without worrying about recharging.
- Deep muscle penetration to help with multiple problems
- Quiet operation during use
- Long battery life to take on any massage
- Very heavy, which can be a problem for some
VYBE Percussion Massage Gun for Athletes – Pro Model
There is a lot to love with the VYBE percussion massage gun. Not only does it reach 3200 rpm, but there are nine different settings to ensure you get the level of vibration that suits your needs. There are eight attachments as well, including three metalheads and five plastic heads that allow you to customize the experience even further.
This massage gun reaches over 30lbs of pressure for a deeper massage than the average massage gun. Power aside, the design is lightweight and made to be comfortable to hold, and easy to use. It even comes with a rechargeable battery that can last up to three hours on a full charge. It operates without too much noise as well.
- It reaches vibration levels of up to 3200 rpm
- There are nine vibration levels
- The eight head attachments provide custom massaging
- The design is lightweight and comfortable in your hand
- The battery lasts a long time on a single charge
- The weight distribution is a bit off and makes some angles awkward
Bob and Brad Deep Tissue Percussion Massager Gun
There are few products out there that deliver as much for the price as the Bob and Brad massage gun featured here. The reason for that is that the developers are people who care, actual physical therapists looking to sell a product that works. The speed alone is impressive, with the massage gun having five levels between 2000 and 3200 rpm.
The Bob and Brad massage gun reach a force level of 35lbs while keeping the noise to around 55dB. The powerful battery is also a selling point, with it lasting a long time between charges and easily returning to a full charge using a USB C cable. Moreover, the entire massage gun is lightweight at 1.5lbs, so you can maneuver it with ease.
- It was developed by dedicated physical therapists
- The speed has five levels that range between 2000 and 3200 rpm
- It reaches 35lbs of force for a powerful, deep massage
- The 2500mAh battery lasts a long time and charges quickly
- Its light weight makes it easy to maneuver
- There have been complaints that the user manual is lacking
Medcursor Handheld Percussion Massage Gun
Medcursor is one of the more affordable brands out there, but they still present a highly effective product that is worth a look at. In fact, although far less expensive than many of the alternative brands, the Medcursor massage gun is loaded with features, including a 10-minute auto-off feature and five-speed levels that range from 1200 to 3200 rpm.
The Medcursor also utilizes a powerful rechargeable battery, which can work up to 4.5 hours on a single charge, assuming it is being used at the lowest speed setting. Even in higher settings, it works for a long time. It also operates quietly, ranging between 35 and 50dB. And if that is not enough, there are six heads for different muscle groups.
- There are some great features that maintain battery life
- The speed ranges from 1200 to 3200 rpm
- The battery can last a long time on a single charge
- It operates without getting too loud
- There are six heads to work on various muscle groups
- Cycling through the power levels can be tedious
- The handle is not that comfortable
Fusion Black Pro Muscle Massage Gun
Fusion offers you the chance to really tailor the experience to your needs, offering a total of 20 levels of intensity to get you right where you need to be. Moreover, it makes controlling the settings a breeze with its digital display, which lets you observe and control the speed settings. You can also monitor your device’s battery life with ease.
This massage gun is not to be underestimated. It reaches speeds of 3200 rpm and has a powerful brushless motor that will go the distance. It is also powered by a lithium battery that can last between four and seven hours on a full charge. So if you want a deep massage at a variety of speeds, the Fusion is a great choice.
- There are 20 levels of intensity available
- The digital display makes adjusting the settings easy
- The battery can last up to seven hours
- It offers a deep, effective massage
- There are six heads included
- It is not as quiet as some of the other massage guns
DARKIRON Muscle Massage Gun
The DARKIRON massage gun is another affordable option that does not skimp where it counts. In fact, even though it is a good deal cheaper than many brands, it offers all of the essentials, starting with four speeds that are easily adjustable thanks to the convenient digital display. The display even shows run time and battery level.
The handle has an ergonomic grip that will not slip during use, and the balanced design ensures you can hold and use it at multiple angles. Additionally, the rechargeable battery can work for up to four hours of continuous use and recharges relatively quickly. There are even ten different heads included.
- There are multiple speed settings
- The digital display makes changing the settings easy
- There is an ergonomic non-slip grip
- It has a great battery life
- There are ten heads that come with the massage gun
- It is not the most powerful massager on the market
How to Shop for the Best Massage Gun
Finding the right massage gun for you might seem like a lot at first, especially since many of them look the same and have similar functions, but you can narrow it down quite easily. Here are some things you can consider to get you started:
- Power: What kind of power do you need? If you only need a basic massage, then you can get something without as much power. However, athletes and people who have difficult problems will want to get a massager with more power.
- Ergonomics: While it might not be a vital feature for everyone, an ergonomic handle that has a non-slip grip can be a very important feature. It is especially important if you have a weaker grip or will be massaging muscles that require you to approach from an awkward angle.
- Heads: The heads can play a big role in the effectiveness of a massage, so you should make sure that any product you buy has the head or heads you need to deal with the areas you want to massage.
There are other things that you might want to consider, such as the battery life. You will also want to look at the noise level, especially if you are looking for something you can use in public. And definitely do not forget to keep the price in mind.
Soreness and pain are never pleasant, especially for your muscles. However, a massage gun offers a simple solution that can give you deep relief quickly. All you have to do is make sure that any massage gun you buy is powerful enough and has the right features to take care of the area you want to target.
Other Products You May Need
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.