There’s still intense uncertainty about theaters reopening. For example, over the last few days there’s been debate over whether it’s responsible to release Tenet in theaters next month. Warner Bros. pushed the original film back two weeks to the end of July, but is going to the movies worth even the slightest of risks? Warner Bros. and most major theater chains think so, which is why Regal Cinemas is one of the theaters to soon reopen their doors to the public. Regal will open their theaters on Friday, July 10th.
Of course, if people are wearing masks and socially distancing in theaters, returning to theaters responsibly is in the cards. Cinemark, on the other hand, will not request people wear masks to step in their theaters. Hopefully, people will follow the rules.
What Will Going to The Theater Look Like?
Regal is taking the coronavirus seriously. They’re opening their doors up with the right precautions, such as closing some parts of their theaters, like areas with vending machines or arcade games. On Regal’s website, they’ve listed the precautions they’re taking:
- Regal employees will undergo daily health screenings including temperature checks where mandated.
- Employees must wash hands at minimum every 30 to 60 minutes, dependent on job role.
- Where required by local governance, all employees and guests will wear masks.
- Greeters will be located in the lobby to assist guests with new procedural changes.
- Wall mounted sanitizer dispensers will be available on either side of the main entrance.
- Arcade games and vending machines will remain closed. Additionally, water fountains will not be available for use.
THE CONCESSION STAND
- Every other register will be closed to maintain social distancing.
- A reduced menu offering will be temporarily available
- Self-service condiment stands will be closed.
- Locations featuring diners, restaurants and in-theatre ordering will have these services temporarily suspended.
- Locations with bars will remain open for walk-up service only.
No more refills on large drinks and popcorns either.
- Where required by state or county mandate, auditorium capacities will be reduced to 50%.
- Our reservation system will maintain two empty seats between groups (1 seat at recliner locations) to maintain proper social distancing throughout the movie.
- At theatres where performances are non-reserved, you will be requested to leave two seats between groups.
Theaters will limit group sizes as well.
What’s Coming Out
One question is, what movies will theaters have to show? There’s not a lot coming out in July and August, except for Tenet, Mulan, and the Bill & Ted sequel. In a statement, it’s telling most of the movies Regal Theaters list they’ll be showing are now months away:
With a strong slate confirmed for the coming weeks, including among others Tenet, Mulan, A Quiet Place Part II, Wonder Woman 1984, Black Widow, [No Time to Die], Soul, Top Gun: Maverick, and many more, the entire Cineworld team remains committed to being ‘the best place to watch a movie.
Regal Cinemas’s 546 theaters in the United States will open on July 10th. On the same date, Cineworld’s theaters will open in the United Kingdom. Two weeks prior to Regals opening up in the U.S., they’ll open their locations in Poland, Slovakia, and Czech Republic in June.
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take small cut of the profit on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.