I was recently on a flight headed back home after a long week when something came flying in my direction from the passenger in the seat ahead of me.
“My headphones! Can you please grab them?” The lady asked, her arm reaching out near me in a way that made me want to jump out of my seat. (I haven’t flown since October 2019, so random strangers attempting to invade my personal space was anxiety-inducing.)
Thankfully the lady’s headphones had the courtesy to land right below my seat. I returned them to their home, and watched the lady happily put them back on her head, spending the rest of the flight ensconced in a movie on her phone.
While a headphone stand obviously isn’t feasible during flying (I mean, technically some are small enough to place on an airplane tray table, but you get what I mean), it’s definitely a product worth considering if you like to keep your headphones safely in one place, and not flying or falling on the floor. We’ve compiled a list of the seven best headphone stands of 2021 that will make your life a bit easier if you have a pair of headphones that you treasure.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the Best Headphone Stands of 2021
- New Bee Headphone Stand Headset Holder
- Avantree Metal and Silicone Headphone Stand
- Apphome Foldable Headphone Stand
Criteria for Choosing the Best Headphone Stands
Could you bring your headphone stand on an airplane if necessary? Is it foldable or easily portable, so you can take it with you when traveling? Does it withstand the turbulence of life or crack under pressure?
You shouldn’t have to break the bank for a headphone stand. The most expensive stands on this list are still under a hundred dollars, with many costing less than twenty dollars.
This goes without saying. Always check the top reviews and the lowest reviews for any product before clicking buy now. Sometimes a good thing to check is the ratio of good to bad reviews. Do the five-star reviews far outnumber the bad reviews? Or is it pretty even in terms of positive and negative ratings? User photos and videos are also a good barometer for the effectiveness of the product.
The 7 of Best Headphone Stand of 2021
The New Bee Headphone Stand
Topping off our list is the New Bee headphone stand. This item has a whopping 17,091 reviews. The average rating for this headphone stand is 4.6 stars based on the aforementioned reviews. 12,774 of the 17,091 reviews are five star ratings. The stand is made out of aluminum and TPU rubber, and is compatible with many different headset brands including the Sennheiser 202 II HD598 HD 650 HD700, Dre Beats Solo, Koss Porta Pro, Sony MDR7506, Philips, AKG K612, Hyper X Cloud II’s, Astro A50’s, AT M50’s, TB 420x, and more.
- The price is great, under fifteen dollars
- Comes in black or white
- One reviewer said their stand came with extra accessory items
- Another reviewer said that this stand worked perfectly and they have since purchased two more stands
- Another reviewer said that this stand was easy to assemble and disassemble, with another reviewer appreciating that you didn’t have to use tools to assemble this stand
- Several reviewers thought that this stand was cheaply made and didn’t keep their headphones stable
- Two reviewers said that their stand broke when trying to assemble it
- Another reviewer said the stand was too wobbly and they weren’t able to use it
Avantree Metal and Silicone Headphone Stand
The Avantree Metal and silicone headphone stand is crafted with a steel frame, and soft silicone. This headphone stand has a respectable 5, 691 reviews, with a 4.6 star rating based on an average of the nearly 6,000 reviews. A neat feature about this stand is that it comes with a tray on the bottom for headphone cables, as shown in the image above.
- 4,362 of the reviews for this stand are five star ratings
- The price is under thirty dollars
- One reviewer who said he was a gamer at night and software developer by day said that they researched at least one-hundred different headphone stand options but were highly satisfied with choosing this stand
- That same reviewer said they would buy multiple stands from Avantree as gifts for their software development team.
- Another reviewer gave this stand a 10/10 and praised its sturdiness.
- Several reviewers that left one or two star reviews said that their stand wasn’t sturdy at all
- Another reviewer said that the stand was very flimsy
- Another reviewer said that this stand wobbled constantly and did not stay stable
The Apphome Upgraded Foldable Headphone Stand
Now we’re venturing into different headphone stand territory! Instead of relying on the possibility of an non-sturdy base, the Apphome stand can be hooked up to a desk or table, making them easily accessible during work or a gaming session (this design also looks like it would also work for travel!) The screw clamp can be removed and reattached with ease, and the product is made with quality aluminum.
- So this stand currently has a 4.8 star rating based on 4,085 global ratings
- 3,559 of those ratings are five star reviews
- Several reviewers said that this stand worked perfectly and did what it was advertised to do
- Foldable. Need I say more?
- Several reviewers said that this stand was perfect for their work from home set-up
- Comes in black or silver and is reasonably priced
- One reviewer said that the clamp needed to be bigger
- Another reviewer said that this product didn’t stay consistently folded up when it wasn’t being used
- Several reviewers said that the screws were too tight, making assembly very difficult
The Link Dream Store Headphone Stand
The sleek design of the Link Dream headphone stand comes in white or black, with a reasonable price under fifteen dollars. The base is billed as no-slip, and is made with a silicone absorption piece. The platform at the top of the stand is also made from soft silicone, which is supposed to be sturdy and protect headphones from unsightly scratches.
- The price is great
- Comes with a three year warranty
- Has a 4.6 star rating based on 2,328 global reviews
- 1,699 of said ratings are five star reviews
- One reviewer said that this stand was perfect and that they had no issues
- Several reviewers said that this stand was sturdy and worked well for gaming and office setups
- One reviewer said this stand tipped over way too easily
- Several reviewers said that this stand was too lightweight and wasn’t very sturdy
- Two reviewers noted that their stand broke within the first month of use
The Lamicall Headphone Stand
Note the different design for the top piece that you would place your headphones on. Lamicall describes the top piece as a bird shaped head so to speak, with an anti-scratch surface. The base is anti-slip and the pole connecting the base and the top is made from aluminum alloy. This stand is compatible with a lot of different headset models including AirPods Max, Sennheiser 202 II HD598 HD 650 HD700, Beats Solo 2 3 Pro/ Studio, BOSE QUIETCOMFORT 35, Sony MDR7506/ WH-1000XM3 / WH-1000XM4, Philips, AKG K612, B&O H8/ H4/ Beoplay H9i, beyerdynamic headphones, JBL headphones, and a lot more
- The price is under twenty dollars
- Has a 4.8 star rating based on 4,558 global reviews.
- 3,976 of said ratings are five star reviews
- One reviewer said that they bought three of these stands, and praised the packaging and sturdiness of this stand
- One reviewer said that this was the best headphone stand they’d ever had
- Several reviewers said that the material that made up this stand wasn’t great quality, and the stand wasn’t very sturdy
- Another reviewer said that this stand would not work for heavier headphones
- Another reviewer said that their post didn’t connect to the base, rendering it unusable
- Another reviewer mentioned that this stand was impossible to put together
The Kafri RGB Headphone Stand
This nifty headphone stand comes with a built in USB port in the base. Not only that but the base can change through nine different colors, making for a headphone stand setup that is extra convenient and entertaining to boot. This stand also comes with a backside hook so you can store your cables when they aren’t being used. The price for this stand is under twenty-five dollars.
- The price is good for the extras you get
- One reviewer said that this was an excellent and sturdy headphone stand for the price
- Other reviewers said that this stand was very durable and was super easy to set up
- Another reviewer said that this stand was perfect for keeping headphones safe
- The RGB setup is a fun bonus
- One reviewer said the only thing that stopped them from giving this stand a five star review was because the RGB lights periodically had light flickering issues
- Another reviewer said that the usb charging port did not work consistently
- Several other reviewers said that the charging port didn’t work
The Luckies of London Rock On Headphone Stand
Rounding out our list is a novelty headphone stand that is perfect for the rock music lover in your life. If you need a headphone stand that adds a bit of humor to your home setup, this product is for you! You can use this to store your headphones or even earbuds as well. The gold stand is made with a plaster cast resin for durability, because there’s nothing less rock and roll than a stand that can’t keep your headphones sturdy.
- This headphone stand is a perfect gift for music lovers
- Another reviewer said that this stand was a must have for a display and that it fit their headphones nicely
- Another reviewer said that the stand was heavy enough for sturdiness but not too heavy (a good balance)
- Has a 4.5 star rating based on 40 global ratings
- This stand is a bit pricier than some of the other stands on this list (but still reasonable under fifty dollars)
- One reviewer said that their stand arrived with scratches and that it was dusty
- Another reviewer said their stand looked cheaper in person and that it was scuffed up
Headphone stands are one of those items that are more necessary than you think. Good quality headphones can be costly, so it’s definitely worth the extra money to get a good quality headphone stand that will keep your headphones stable and sturdy when you aren’t using them.
The headphone stands listed above all have different qualities that make them appealing for different reasons, but the bottom line is they’re designed to keep your headphones in good shape. It’s not necessary to break the bank over a headphone stand, but it is definitely worth a buy so you can keep your headphones in good shape for years to come. Products like headphone stands should make your life easier.
Things like airplane turbulence might send your headphones flying, but investing in a good headphone stand will give your headphones a stable home and peace of mind that your purchase was worthwhile.
Other Products You May Need
- The 10 Best TV Trays To Have In Your Living Room
- The 9 Best LED Strip Lights That Will Light Up Your Life
- The 8 Best Waterproof Backpacks of 2021
- Got Cold Feet? Check out 2021’s Seven Best Pairs of Heated Socks
- The Top 7 Electric Knives of 2021
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.