There are a lot of great earbuds out there, but if you are looking for a more versatile option, then you will want to find a pair of earbuds that has a built-in mic. Fortunately, there are a plethora of choices out there, from those that are wired to a variety of Bluetooth options, and this article will help you find the perfect pair of earbuds for you.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the Best Earbuds with Mic of 2021
Criteria for Choosing the Best Earbuds with Mic
When it comes to earbuds, there are a few things you want, such as great audio quality, and adding a microphone to the equation only increases the number of things that need to be considered. Therefore, when choosing the best earbuds with a mic, these things were kept in mind:
- Audio Quality: Even though it seems obvious, audio quality is still the most important aspect. In fact, it is only made more important by the addition of a mic. After all, if you have a mic, you will likely be using it for a conversation, which requires you to hear clearly and respond.
- Microphone Quality: There is no point in having a mic if nobody can hear what you are saying. Therefore, every pair of earbuds on this list has a high-quality mic, meaning it will pick up your voice and convey it clearly.
- Reliability: Reliability covers a lot of things when it comes to a pair of earbuds. It means having a clear connection at all times, a long battery life if they are wireless, and lasting a long time without wearing down.
The earbuds on this list all have microphones, but more than that, they all have quality construction and reliable audio quality. While there are some differences, you can rely on them to accomplish the above without a problem.
The 8 of Best Earbuds with Mic of 2021
When it comes to getting earbuds that have a mic, there are a lot of options out there. In fact, it might be more difficult to find a pair of earbuds that do not have a mic. However, just because there are a lot of options does not mean you can pick any pair and call it a day. To make the search easier, eight of the best earbuds with mic are listed below.
Panasonic ErgoFit Earbud Headphones with Microphone
One of the most widely used options out there when it comes to earbuds with a mic are the Panasonic ErgoFits. The first thing to know is that they are wired, but if you do not mind that, then you can get yourself an incredibly reliable set of earbuds for around 20 dollars. However, the real reason to buy these is for the comfort they provide.
The ErgoFit earbuds are made specifically for comfort, and there are three earpiece sizes to choose between to ensure you get the best fit. They also work to keep external noise out and provide balanced, quality in-ear audio. There is even a built-in call remote to help you take calls easier if you are using them with a smartphone.
- They provide a customizable ergonomic fit
- They help keep surrounding noise out
- They can be purchased at a low price
- There is a built-in call remote
- You get high-quality sound
- They are wired and cannot be used with all phones
- Figuring out how to position them can take time
TOZO T6 True Wireless Earbuds
Another great pair of earbuds with a microphone is the TOZO T6 earbuds. They are wireless and focus on quality and convenience, starting with the Bluetooth 5.0 technology they use. Moreover, they are made to improve transmission speed and give a low-latency experience. You can even pair them with a device in a single step.
These TOZO earbuds are also easy to use. They have a smart touch control system that allows you to interact with them by tapping or holding down on the earbud. The easy controls, along with their waterproof design, make them great for sports or the gym. Plus, they last more than six hours on one charge, with the case lasting 30 hours
- The charging case holds 30 hours of charge
- They use reliable Bluetooth technology
- You will get a low-latency listening experience
- They have a waterproof design
- There is a smart touch control system
- The ear inserts can become uncomfortable
- The smart touch is very sensitive
Apple AirPods Pro
When it comes to earbuds that have a mic, there are few that stand out as much as the Apple AirPods. These earbuds come highly rated and include a number of features that make them worth having, including tips of different sizes for a custom fit and design that makes them sweat and water-resistant. They are also easy to set up and pair.
These earbuds include active noise cancellation as well, ensuring that nothing gets in the way of you enjoying their incredible sound quality. Moreover, you can turn on the transparency mode to hear the world around you as needed. They are even designed to tune music to the shape of your ear for the ultimate listening experience.
- They have multiple tips for the perfect fit
- You will not have to worry about sweat or water
- They can easily be paired with your Apple devices
- Music is tuned to the shape of your ear
- The charging case can hold around 24 hours of charge
- They are very expensive
- They can be difficult to position well at times
LUDOS Clamor Wired Earbuds
If you prefer wired earbuds, then you can also take a look at the LUDOS Clamor wired earbuds. They focus on a few things, but their sound quality stands out as the most impressive aspect of these earbuds. They deliver high-quality audio, especially when it comes to bass, giving you a deep and immersive listening experience.
The comfort of these earbuds also stands out, with the tips being made from memory foam. Not only are they comfortable, but they do not wear down easily, allowing you to use them for a long time without the comfort and fit declining. The mic is high-quality as well, and with volume control built into the wire, you can adjust and pause as needed
- They deliver a high-quality audio experience
- The bass is particularly clear and deep
- Memory foam tips make them remarkably comfortable
- You can adjust the volume with the built-in remote
- They do not wear down easily
- The fact that they are corded can be troublesome with some devices
- There is feedback at times when you move the cord
Apple earbuds are known for their quality. The previously mentioned AirPods are a fantastic wireless option, but if you want something less expensive or wired, then you can get these EarPods. Of course, you might have to choose between the 3.5mm headphone plug and lightning connector, depending on what type of iPhone you have.
The version with the 3.5mm headphone plug can be used with most other devices, and when you get them, you get the great quality you expect from Apple. The audio quality is impressive, with the design maximizing sound output, and they are built to fit comfortably in the ear. Moreover, you can adjust the sound and answer calls easily.
- The price-to-quality ratio is very high
- The 3.5mm version can be used with most devices
- They have an impressive audio quality
- You can adjust the sound and answer calls with the built-in remote
- You can adjust the sound and answer calls with the built-in remote
- The lightning connector only works with select Apple products
Lecover Wireless Earbuds
Another great pair of wireless earbuds with a mic is the Lecover earbuds featured here. They are powered by Bluetooth, so you can rely on them connecting to most smartphones and devices. It also means that you get a clear transmission and stable connection. Even the sound quality is great, including amazing stereo and deep bass.
The design also features an ear hook on each earbud, making them ideal for workout out or moving around. Between the ear hooks and multiple sizes for the tips, you will find it easy to get a snug fit that will deliver the best listening experience. Moreover, the earbuds have ten hours of battery life, with the charging case having an additional 30.
- They use Bluetooth to connect to devices
- The sound quality is great
- The ear hooks mean they stay put
- They have multiple tips of varying sizes
- There is a sizeable battery life between the earbuds and case
- The case is a bit bulky
- The ear hooks might not work well for every ear
LETSCOM Bluetooth Headphones
If you are looking for earbuds that have a mic and are great for almost any situation, then you cannot go wrong with this LETSCOM product. These headphones have Bluetooth 5.0 technology, high-quality audio, and noise cancellation, which work together to make the audio crisp and clear in almost every circumstance.
These earbuds are also waterproof and designed for comfort, including various sizes of ear tips, ear hooks, and a wire connecting them. These features make them perfect for working out or lots of moving, and their eight hours of charge mean that you can use them for long periods without worry. There are few situations in which they will not work.
- They utilize Bluetooth 5.0 technology
- The sound quality is great and includes noise cancellation
- There are buttons to interact with the connected device
- They are IPX7 waterproof
- They have a long battery life
- The wire strap can get in the way at times
- The mic is not the best out there
VEATOOL Wireless Earbuds
The final pair of earbuds with a mic on this list are from VEATOOL, and they surpass most other brands when it comes to longevity. The earbuds have an eight-hour battery life, but the charging case can hold up to 48 hours of charge, meaning you can take them with you on the go for a long, reliable listening and talking experience.
These earbuds are also easy to use since they have Bluetooth technology and a simple one-button control system that makes interacting with your device a breeze. Moreover, these earbuds are designed with an active lifestyle in mind, being both waterproof and secure. You will not be able to shake these off with their comfortable fit and ear hooks.
- They have an extremely long battery life with the charging case
- The Bluetooth makes connecting to a device easy
- They have an easy-to-use one-button control system
- Sweat and water do not bother them
- The ear hooks and design are meant for an active lifestyle
- The Bluetooth range is a bit short
- The ear tips are not great
How to Shop for a Best Earbuds with Mic
You have seen some of the best earbuds with mic that are available, and many of them have similarities, so you might think you can choose any pair and be fine. However, there are some things that you should consider when shopping, including:
- Fit: The fit of the earbuds matters a lot. You want to find a pair that will fit comfortably in your ear, and if you plan on moving a lot while you use them, then you might want to consider ear hooks and other things to keep them snug and secure.
- Controls: Many earbuds have a way to interact with your device without having it in your hand. There are many types, from push buttons to touch buttons. Therefore, you need to consider which one is best for you and whether it is a deal-breaker.
- Wired or Wireless: There will be various things to consider based on whether you buy wired or wireless earbuds. Wired earbuds require no charging and tend to be very reliable. Meanwhile, wireless earbuds are also reliable but can have a weaker connection. Wireless earbuds also rely on battery life to operate.
There are many things to think about, but as long as you consider the things above, you will find choosing a pair of earbuds with a mic far easier.
Buying a pair of earbuds can be a great investment, and this only becomes more true if they have a built-in mic. After all, they can allow you to listen to music, make voice recordings, and have a conversation. Therefore, if you are looking for a versatile pair of earbuds, then you should definitely pick up a pair with a mic like those above.
Other Products You May Need
- Best Wireless Headphones Updated for 2020
- Apple Earphones for iPhone 6 5 4S w/ Remote & Mic – 2 Pack
- HyperGear dBm Wave Earphones w/Mic 3.5mm – Pink
- CoolPods True Wireless Earbuds with Mirror Charging Case
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.