Cigars need to be fresh to be properly enjoyed, and for that, you need to make sure they are stored properly. The way you store them properly is by using a humidor, which maintains the proper humidity to keep cigars at their best. The goal of this article is to introduce you to some of the best humidors on the market.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the best Cigar Humidors of 2021
- MEGACRA Desktop Cigar Humidor
- Scotte Portable Travel Cigar Humidor Case
- Audew JC-23C1 Electronic Cigar Cooler Humidor
Criteria for Choosing the Cigar Humidors
If a bad humidor is chosen, there is a good chance that any cigars stored inside will be completely ruined, which makes choosing the right humidor important. Because of that, these things were considered when choosing cigar humidors for this list:
- Seal: One of the most important aspects when it comes to a humidor is the seal. A properly sealed humidor works for a longer time for less effort, while a humidor with a poor seal will need constant attention.
- Hygrometer: While not every hygrometer is top of the line, there is a need for accuracy when it comes to humidors. Therefore, cigar humidors with high-quality hygrometers are given priority.
- Humidifier: The humidifier is also a major component when it comes to humidors. While they can often be replaced, there are certain models of humidors that have built-in humidifiers, so it is important that a humidor comes with a high-quality humidifier.
Most of the things that make a great humidifier can be replaced. You can get a new hygrometer or humidifier, and the seal can be improved upon. However, when it came to choosing the best humidors, priority was given to those with high-quality components from the start. In fact, material and construction as a whole were considered carefully.
The 8 of Best Cigar Humidors of 2021
There are a lot of humidors out there, but when it comes to finding a great one, it can be difficult. After all, for a humidor to work well, every component needs to be high-quality. That is where this list comes into play. Using it, you can skip the guesswork and choose a humidor that fits your needs. If nothing else, you will know what brands to look at.
MEGACRA Desktop Cigar Humidor
The first humidor on this list is one that has a classy design that fits perfectly on a desk. The exterior is made with polyurethane leather, while the interior lining is made with cedar. It is a luxurious piece that is well crafted and has space for 25 to 50 cigars. There is even an adjustable divider to easily separate different types of cigars.
On top of great craftsmanship, this humidor comes equipped with a high-quality hygrometer and rectangular humidifier, which make it easy to control internal humidity. However, the true star is the Well Seal design, which works to provide a highly effective seal to keep all of the cigars inside fresh. It is even easy to clean and maintain.
- It has a classy design that can go anywhere
- It can hold quite a few cigars
- The adjustable divider helps keep things organized
- The humidifier and seal work to keep cigars fresh
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- The hygrometer is not the best
- It would be difficult to actually fit 50 cigars inside
Scotte Portable Travel Cigar Humidor Case
There are also options for those looking for something portable, and among those, one of the best is this humidor by Scotte. It is made with cedar and has a genuine leather exterior, making it excel in both effectiveness and appearance. Moreover, the entire humidor is made for convenience, coming in a small size that fits four cigars.
While the humidor is not meant for many cigars, it does have room for other things as well, having pockets that work great for a lighter and cutter. There is even a strap that ensures the cigars inside do not move around. Plus, the bar humidifier that is included works very well, as does the hygrometer, letting you store your cigars with ease of mind.
- Each of the components is effective
- The case is small and great for travel
- It is made out of high-quality materials
- There are internal pockets for storing accessories
- It can only hold four cigars
- The price for the storage space is high
Audew JC-23C1 Electronic Cigar Cooler Humidor
When it comes to storing cigars, there are few ways that work as well as an electronic humidor. Therefore, if you have a large collection or want an excellent way to store your cigars, you should consider the Audew electronic humidor featured here. Not only does it come with a load of features, but it can potentially store up to 150 cigars.
This humidor has electronic controls, which can prevent unwanted fluctuations in temperature and humidity. This humidor also comes with closed-loop air circulation, which is effective in keeping a uniform humidity. Moreover, there is a beautifully crafted interior, with shelves and a drawer made out of Spanish cedar.
- It can hold up to 150 cigars
- It comes with electronic controls
- There is a closed-loop circulation system built-in
- The interior shelves and drawer are made from Spanish cedar
- There is no heating component for cooler climates
- It is not large enough for some cigar boxes
Scotte Cigar Humidor Jar
Scotte makes some great humidors, which is why it is featured on this list once again. Moreover, this is another great portable humidor that can make traveling easier. It even comes equipped with more room than the previous one, having the ability to hold 12 to 16 cigars. Of course, there are fewer features because of this, but it is a great product.
The design is simple, with the entire thing being a rather basic tube, but that means there is little fat to trim on this humidor. Aside from having everything you need to keep your cigars fresh, it also has a leather exterior and cedar interior. Plus, it is wear-resistant and durable, which makes it all the more impressive as a portable option.
- It can easily hold between 12 and 16 cigars
- The size is great since there are no frills
- It does a great job at keeping cigars where they need to be
- It is made using high-quality materials
- The entire thing is wear-resistant and durable
- There is nowhere to store accessories
- It is not ideal for long-term storage
XIFEI Acrylic Humidor Jar
One of the things that makes a great cigar humidor is the tightness of the seal, and the XIFEI humidor featured here has an airtight seal that will keep your cigars fresh for a long time. Of course, there are a few things that you are really paying for aside from the powerful seal, which are the humidifier and hygrometer, both of which work fantastically.
The hygrometer can be read from the top of the humidor. As for the humidifier, it can fit comfortably inside the humidor with around 18 cigars. Of course, the height is around 7.3 inches, so you should keep that in mind when choosing cigars. If you are looking for a versatile, compact, and airtight humidor, then this is a great choice for you.
- The airtight seal helps keep the cigars inside fresh
- The included humidifier and hygrometer work well
- It can hold around 18 cigars
- It works great as a portable humidor
- It has a cedar lining
- It works best for cigars that are 6.5 inches or smaller
- The acrylic material feels a bit cheap
Scotte Acrylic Cigar Humidor
Scotte appears once again on this list, and there is no doubt that it deserves the attention. The products made by this company tend to be great, and the acrylic humidor featured here is no exception. It is a clear humidor that has every feature you might want, including a capacity of around 20 cigars and a length of around 8.3 inches.
The first feature worth discussing is the adjustable hygrometer, which allows you to change the humidity count value as needed and is easily visible from the top of the humidor. The humidor also comes with a humidifier that you simply sit inside with the cigars. There is even a silica gel seal ring for better humidity control.
- It can hold up to 20 cigars of around 8 inches in length
- The hygrometer is adjustable and easy to see
- The humidifier simply needs to be placed inside
- There is a silica gel seal ring
- It comes with a cedar inlay
- The acrylic material used is not meant to last for a long time
Bald Eagle Handmade Cedar Cigar Humidor
There are a lot of humidors out there, but if you are looking for something truly beautiful and well-crafted, then this cedar cigar humidor from Bald Eagle is worth considering. It is made from Spanish cedar, and it has a rich walnut finish to give it an appealing look. Moreover, the glass top allows you to see what is inside with ease.
The humidor can hold around 20 to 25 cigars, and it also comes with a humidifier and a built-in hygrometer. There is also a moveable petition board that can be used to section off different cigars or keep the cigars separate from the humidifier. As for the bottom of the box, it has a velvet pad, allowing you to put it on any surface without worry.
- It is made from high-quality Spanish cedar
- The entire design is classy and highly functional
- It can hold around 20 to 25 cigars
- There is a built-in hygrometer
- The bottom has a velvet pad that prevents scratching
- Some people find the included hygrometer insufficient
- It is not great for long-term storage
- Glass tops are prone to air leakage
CASE ELEGANCE Glass Top Handcrafted Cedar Humidor
The final cigar humidor featured on this list comes from CASE ELEGANCE, and the humidor certainly lives up to the brand’s name. It uses Spanish cedar, so you know you are getting something that can hold its own. Moreover, it has a rich finish and glass top, both of which give it an appealing appearance for any room or setting.
The case is also full of features, though it all starts with its large capacity, which can hold between 25 and 50 cigars. There is also a built-in hygrometer and a built-in humidifier, allowing you to maintain and monitor the humidity with ease. If that was not enough, the magnetic seal and accessory drawer make this humidor even better.
- It is made from Spanish cedar
- It can hold around 25 to 50 cigars
- There is a built-in hygrometer and a built-in humidifier
- The magnetic seal works to keep it sealed tight
- There is an accessory drawer for convenient storage
- Glass tops are prone to air leakage
How to Shop for a Cigar Humidor
You need to consider a lot of things when you are searching for a cigar humidor. In fact, how well a humidor works is only a single factor, with your own cigar preferences playing a large role as well. Therefore, when you are shopping for a cigar humidor, you should keep these things in mind:
- Cigars: You need to keep your favorite cigars in mind since their length will impact whether a humidor works for you. While it might not matter in most cases, there are certain times when a certain cigar type does not fit well in a specific humidor. Therefore, keep the cigars you need to store in mind when shopping.
- Leakage: Leakage can be a big problem, and there are certain factors that make it worse, such as a glass top. Of course, glass has a great appeal, allowing you to look inside or show off the cigars within. Therefore, you need to consider whether the extra effort due to the air leakage is worth it.
- Size: The size does not refer to the length of cigars it will hold but its overall space. When shopping for a cigar humidor, you should think about how many cigars you want to store. You need to do this even when shopping for a portable humidor.
When it comes to cigar humidors, many of the things that you need to consider are a matter of preference. However, if you keep the above in mind, you will find it much easier to choose between the many humidors out there.
If you like cigars, then you need a proper way to store them. Using a humidor will not only keep them from being ruined by improper storage, but it will keep them tasting their best. Therefore, if you want the best-tasting cigars, then you should buy a humidor as soon as possible.
Other Products You May Need
- The 9 Most Durable Watch Winders Of 2021
- The Top 8 Butane Lighters of 2021
- The 9 Best Beard Straightener Comb Selections of 2021
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.