Candle warmers are a great choice for people who enjoy a pleasant fragrance but do not want to go the traditional burning route. The scent even lasts even longer when the wax is melted in this manner over a wick and flame. Read on to find out about some of the best and most convenient electric candle warmers available.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the Best Candle Warmers:
- Hosley White Electric Candle Warmer
- Candle Warmers Etc Auto Shutoff Candle Warmer
- Elanze Designs Birds on a Tree Grey Believe Ceramic Candle Warmer
Criteria for Choosing the Best Candle Warmers
Candle warmers have a very simple concept, which is providing a heating element that warms a candle and melts the wax. While that does not leave much room for innovation, there are still some features that determine whether a candle warmer is worth having, including:
- Heating Element: The heating element is the main part of any candle warmer, and there are several important aspects. You want the heating element to be large enough to handle a decent number of candles. It also needs to get hot quickly and get hot enough to actually melt the wax.
- Safety: Another important part of any good candle warmer is how safe it is. There are a few things that impact safety, including the design and material used. It is also preferable to have an indicator light so that you know when it is on. Some even have features like automatic shutdown.
There are plenty of other things that played a role in the candle warmers that made the list, such as appearance, extra features, and price. However, the heating element and safety of the candle warmer are vital parts.
The 8 Best Candle Warmers
There are plenty of candle warmers out there, and many of them can serve various purposes. Some can melt both candles and wax fragrance cubes. Some act as beverage and candle warmers. Some even have more advanced features that take them a step further. You will see examples of all of these below.
Hosley White Electric Candle Warmer
The Hosley candle warmer featured here stands out because of its simplicity. The heating element is a large flat area with a diameter of around four inches, which will allow you to put down a variety of candles, including those that come in glass containers. Though, it can also be used with wax cubes and warming oils.
The simplicity also extends to the rest of the design as well. The warmer has a single light that lets you know whether it is on or off, and the power switch is located on the cord power cord. It is simple to use and does its job well. Just make sure that anything you place on top of it has a flat bottom for maximum results.
- The simple design makes it easy to use
- The heating surface is great for a variety of candles
- It has a light that lets you know if it is on or off
- It comes at a great price
- It gets very hot, so you have to be careful where you sit it
- Many find the cord to be a little shorter than they would like
Candle Warmers Etc Auto Shutoff Candle Warmer
Another great candle warmer, especially for those who like the idea of setting it and forgetting it, comes from Candle Warmers Etc. This candle warmer has a large hot plate with a 4-inch diameter. It also heats up quickly and remains hot for the entire time it is on. Moreover, what makes it really great is the automatic shutoff after eight hours.
The design of this candle warmer is also meant to disperse heat, preventing overheating and protecting the surface it is placed on. The on/off switch for this candle warmer is on the cord, and it has a light on the base of the warmer that indicates whether it is turned on. Moreover, it comes at a fantastic price.
- The heating element is 4 inches in diameter
- There is an automatic shutoff feature that turns it off after eight hours
- The design prevents overheating by dispersing heat away from the warmer
- There is a light on the base to tell you if it is turned on
- It comes at a great price
- It only works its best on candles with a flat base
- It can take some time to fully heat larger candles
Elanze Designs Birds on a Tree Grey Believe Ceramic Candle Warmer
If you want an elegant candle warmer that can be left on display even without a candle in it, then the Elanze warmer featured here is a great choice. The metallic coloring is beautiful, and it has a lovely image and quote that makes it a great piece for any countertop or desk. Moreover, it is made out of high-quality ceramic stoneware.
This durable candle warmer is made to work with any standard size jar candle that measures around 5 x 5 x 6 inches. Additionally, the same design does come in two different forms, which are a 2-in-1 candle warmer and an outlet wax warmer. If you want a high-quality, durable candle warmer to fill your home with fragrance, look no further.
- The design and artwork on this candle warmer are gorgeous
- The material is a high-quality and durable ceramic
- It works with any standard size jar candle
- It is capable of heating candles without becoming excessively hot
- The design helps the heat spread through the candle
- There is not an indicator to tell you if it is on
- The cord is very short
Candle Warmers Etc 2-in-1 Candle and Fragrance Warmer
The first thing that you will notice about this candle warmer is the great design, which gives it a beautiful vintage feel. The design featured here is not the only design, either. This candle warmer is made out of ceramic, which not only looks good but gives it more longevity than a plastic warmer. It also handles heat well.
One of the best things about this candle warmer is that it serves a dual purpose. It has a warming plate that is around four inches in diameter and perfect for candles under 10oz, but it also comes with a ceramic dish for wax fragrance melts or brinks. You can even use silicone liners. The on/off dial is on the cord, and there is a power indicator light.
- It is made out of beautiful ceramic material
- There are multiple designs available
- The warming plate is around four inches in diameter
- It can accept candles directly or use wax fragrance melts
- There is an indicator light to tell you when it is on
- It takes the warmer a while to heat up
- The cord is quite short
Candle Warmers Etc Aurora Candle Warmer Lamp
Another great product from Candle Warmers Etc is this fantastic candle warmer lamp that operates in a different way than the traditional bottom-up warmers. This candle warmer uses a 25-watt halogen warming bulb to get the job done, melting your candle from top to bottom, delivering a long-lasting fragrance you are sure to love.
The design is decorative as well, with the model featured here having a semi-matte black finish that can go anywhere. It also has a curvy stem and design that makes it a decent small lamp, even without the warming function. Moreover, it comes assembled in the box, so you do not have to do anything. Just keep the candles you use under 16oz.
- It warms candles from top to bottom using a halogen bulb
- The fragrance lasts twice as long as traditional burning
- It can function as a small lamp and as a candle warmer
- The design is appealing and can work almost anywhere
- The wick drops down when you use it
- The wax at the surface might need to be drained on large candles
Dimux Warmer with Automatic Gravity Switch
While the Dimux warmer featured here is mainly marketed for coffee cups, it works incredibly well as a candle warmer as well. In fact, it mentions that directly in its product information. Therefore, if you are looking for an easy-to-use candle warmer that is loaded with features, then you should take a look at this fantastic warmer.
To start, this warmer puts 19 watts to work, which will absolutely get your candle melted. Additionally, it has a gravity induction switch that will automatically turn it on once you sit your candle down. There is even a colorful indicator light to let you know it is working. Moreover, the heating surface is a little over five inches. And it warms coffee, too.
- It is a versatile warmer with a large heating surface
- The gravity induction switch automatically turns it on when weight is added
- There is a colorful indicator light to let you know it is on
- The heating element is sufficient to melt candle wax
- There is no on/off switch since it turns on and off with weight
- There is no automatic shutoff feature
Nouvati Candle Warmer
The Nouvati Candle Warmer is an innovative device that not only warms up your favorite beverages but also doubles as a safe candle warmer. Without the need for an open flame, it gently melts your candle, filling your room with lovely, ambient scents. The multiple color options and sleek design are a nod to its aesthetics, enhancing any space with vibrant charm.
You have the freedom to choose between HOT or WARM settings, ensuring your beverages stay at the desired temperature. The built-in smart sensor prioritizes safety, commencing heating only when a cup is detected and automatically switching off after 5 minutes of inactivity or 8 hours of continuous use. However, users should be aware that the device’s sides can also get hot, so caution is advised.
- Has a smart sensor for improved safety
- Can be used to heat and warm
- Multiple designs and flexible use
- Gets hot on the sides as well
Home-X Desktop Heated Coffee & Tea – Candle & Wax Warmer
The final candle warmer on this list is another versatile warmer that is meant for both cups and candles. However, it stands out as one of the simplest warmers out there, meaning you get the features you need at a lower price point. You get a reliable heating element with a diameter of around 3.5 inches.
Additionally, this candle warmer has a sturdy body that is very sleek and streamlined. The switch to turn it on and off is on the cord, and there is a bright indicator light so that you know when it is on. The best candle size when using this warmer for candles is around 10oz or less.
- It has a simple design that keeps the price low
- The heating element gets hot quickly and easily melts wax
- There is a bright indicator light to let you know when it is on
- The heating element is a little small
- There have been some reports of overheating
How to Shop for a Candle Warmer
There are plenty of candle warmers out there, and while many of them are very similar to one another, there are some key points you can think about to help make your decision. Here are a few things to consider when shopping for a candle warmer:
- Size: The size of the heating element, as well as the base, can impact what size candles you can use with it. Make sure to get a candle warmer that will work with your favorite candles.
- Auto-Shutdown: Do you like to leave a candle burning when you are not around? If so, you should seriously consider a candle warmer with an auto-shutdown feature. It improves safety and allows you to leave it going without worry.
- Versatility: There are some great warmers out there that work for both drinks and candles. If you only use candles occasionally and want something you can do more with, consider one of the more versatile choices on the list.
There are other things to consider, such as the quality of the base and the length of the power cord. You will also want to look at the price. However, with so many options, you are sure to find something great.
A candle warmer is a great way to use the last bit of a candle or heat wax for a longer-lasting fragrance. Just make sure that you purchase a candle warmer that will work with your favorite candles and scents.
Other Products You May Need
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.