When you go camping, there are a few things that make the experience a lot easier, and a good camping table is one of them. Not only does it provide a surface that is great for recreation, but you can place food and drinks down without worrying about them getting dirty. Therefore, finding a reliable, easy-to-use camping table is very important.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the Best Camping Table:
- Coleman Outdoor Folding Table
- ALPS Mountaineering Eclipse Table
- Giantex Portable Camping Kitchen Table with 2 Storage Organizer
Criteria for Choosing the Best Camping Table
Camping tables have to be used in a variety of conditions, so it is crucial to choose a reliable product that can withstand what you need it to. Therefore, when choosing the camping tables on this list, the following things were considered:
- Stability: Camping tables need to be sturdy, especially since there is no guarantee that they will be used on a flat surface. Therefore, all of the camping tables chosen have designs and legs that make them sturdy on a range of surfaces, from hard to soft.
- Durable: You never know what the conditions will be like, but these tables will be used outdoors. Since they need to be able to withstand the elements to a degree, they need to be made of high-quality materials that can survive some wear and tear.
- Weight: While the weight will vary depending on the size and materials, none of the tables chosen are very heavy. The weight is important because camping tables will be used outdoors, so you need them to be easy to transport.
Every table has its own strengths and weaknesses. Some are suited for rain, some have additional storage, and others are made to be as light and convenient as possible. However, no matter what they are meant for, they need to be stable, durable, and lightweight enough to be taken with you on your outdoor excursions.
The 8 Best Best Camping
The best tables are those that work as a camping table, enduring the elements and providing plenty of surface area without being too cumbersome. Of course, there are various materials and sizes when it comes to camping tables, but this list includes a number of tables that stand above the rest in one way or another.
Coleman Outdoor Folding Table
If you want a camping table that you can trust, it might be a good idea to start with something from Coleman, a brand that has been making amazing outdoor equipment for a long time. Not only will you find a perfect table for camping, but you get quality and a design suited for the outdoors, which is both durable and easily stored and carried.
This camping table is foldable, allowing it to be stored in an easily carried bag, and it is just as easy to set up. All you have to do to get the table ready is snap it together. When you do, you will have a 30-inch tall table with an aluminum slat top and a sturdy steel frame. Overall, the table is strong enough to hold a lot and support up to four people.
- The snap-together design makes it easy to manage
- Made from durable aluminum and steel
- It is lightweight and easy to carry
- It can seat up to four people
- The design makes putting your feet under it impossible
- It can be a little difficult to set up
ALPS Mountaineering Eclipse Table
ALPS Mountaineering makes a different type of camping table made from durable polyester fabric. However, the use of fabric does not mean an unreliable flat surface. The corner buckle design of this camping table ensures that you can set it up quickly and adjust the tautness of the surface with ease. It is even compact and foldable.
This camping table is easy to store and take with you, and it is also light, coming in at around seven pounds. You will also get a table that has two levels, with the top serving as the main flat surface and the bottom including storage space and drink holders. There is even a convenient storage space on one side for even more storage space.
- Made using a strong polyester fabric
- It comes with multiple table levels
- You can adjust it easily with the buckles
- There is an organizational pocket on the side
- Easy to set up, store, and carry
- The buckles are not that heavy duty
- It is hard to get the top level perfectly flat
Giantex Portable Camping Kitchen Table with 2 Storage Organizer
If you are looking for something with more storage space and surface area, the Giantex camping kitchen table comes with everything you need. When unpacked, this setup is around 68 inches in length, with a 19-inch width and max height of around 44 inches. Of course, the tabletops only go to about 26 inches, but this table has a lot of space to use.
Even when packed away, this camping table is quite large, and it weighs around 28 pounds. However, you are getting a table made out of aluminum and polyester fabric, which includes multiple tabletops, a windscreen for easier cooking, and three storage organizers. While it might not be great for sitting down in front of, it is perfect for prep.
- Comes with three storage organizers
- Has multiple tabletops for easy prep
- It is easy to put away and set up
- Comes with a windscreen for easier cooking
- The sturdy design allows it to hold a lot of weight
- It is not great for sitting around
- The carrying case is not the best
Lifetime Height Adjustable Craft Camping and Utility Folding Table
The Lifetime table featured here is perfect for those looking for something sturdy and durable. It is an all-purpose table that is perfect for camping, utilizing strong materials such as steel and high-density polyethylene plastic. The corners are even reinforced to be impact-resistant. Plus, the steel frame and board leg stance keep it nice and stable.
This table is adjustable, having four height settings from 24 inches to 36 inches. It also has a length of four feet and a width of two feet, making it perfect for seating four or more people. For carrying convenience, the legs fold into the table, the table can fold in half, and there is a handle to make things easy. Plus, it weighs less than 25 pounds.
- Made with strong steel and high-density plastic
- Large surface area with an adjustable height
- The table can be folded into a compact form
- It is stain-resistant, rust-resistant, and UV-protected
- The design makes it sturdy and durable
- Can be a bit stiff and hard to open
REDCAMP Aluminum Folding Table
REDCAMP makes a number of great aluminum folding tables, two to four feet, and featuring several tables with adjustable height. Their four-foot table has the same impressive, convenient design as the others, with more surface area. To start, you get two heights, with the table going from 22 to 27 inches with a few simple adjustments.
The entire thing is easy to set up, and the thickened frame and security latch and lock ensure the maximum stability possible. The table also features four hooks on the side for hanging things. You will also be impressed with the sturdiness. Despite only weighing around 17 pounds, this camping table can hold up to around 70 pounds.
- An adjustable height between 22 and 27 inches
- The table sets up very quickly
- It is lightweight and compact
- There are hooks for holding things
- The leg extenders can make it wobbly
- The top of the table is fibreboard
- The tabletop is vulnerable to rain
WUROMISE Sanny Outdoor Folding Portable Picnic Camping Table
If you are looking for a table with a large weight capacity, the WUROMISE camping table is the perfect choice. It only weighs around 13 pounds, but it can hold up to 225 pounds. Its weight capacity is mainly due to the high-quality metal used for the frame, though the pipe buckle design helps improve the capacity and stability of the table.
The top of the table is also made out of quality aluminum, which keeps it light. The fashion spray coating also keeps the table waterproof and resistant to rust and corrosion. It can also be rolled up for easy storage and transportation. In addition, there is a spacious mesh storage basket underneath the table to keep any loose items safe.
- The table is durable and made using high-quality metal
- The pipe buckle design keeps it stable
- There is a convenient mesh storage basket
- Uses a fashion coating to protect the top of the table
- The basket does not protect the items inside
Trekology Portable Camping Side Table
The Trekology camping table here is a side table, but it does come in three sizes. The small is around 14 inches by 16 inches, while the large is 18 inches by 27 inches, with their heights being 13 inches and 16 inches, respectively. Plus, all three sizes can be folded into a compact size and weigh less than four pounds, so they are easy to carry.
One of the reasons this table is so light is the aluminum tabletop, which is both lightweight and durable. It is also waterproof and resistant to rust and corrosion. Its reinforced hinged design makes it easy to assemble and take down as needed, requiring no tools. The design and anti-slip legs even keep it sturdy during use.
- It is extremely lightweight while being durable
- The tabletop is waterproof and resistant to rust
- Has a hinged design for easy setup
- Utilized anti-slip leg caps
- It is very low to the ground
LESES Portable Canvas Travel Folding Picnic Table
The final camping table on this list is a canvas table from LESES. It is a two-level table that is perfect for holding food and drinks, which includes four mesh cup holders and a second-tier shelf. The top-level is round and about 29 inches, while the second level is square and 20 inches by 20 inches. As for the height of the table, it is around 24 inches.
This camping table can also be folded and placed in a convenient carrying case. Moreover, the entire table only weighs around five pounds, and it is easy to set up and take down. The legs are also stable and great for use on multiple terrains, including sand and dirt.
- It has multiple levels
- There are four drink holders
- It only weighs around five pounds
- The legs keep it stable on multiple terrains
- Difficult to make completely flat
- The cup holders are rather flimsy
How to Shop for a Camping Table
Camping tables are meant for various activities, from a day in the backyard to a trip to the woods or the beach. Therefore, there are a number of things that you need to consider when choosing the perfect camping table for you, including:
- Location: Where do you plan on using it? Depending on where you plan on using the table, you might need different leg types, weights, or designs. You might even need to consider a waterproof and rust-resistant table if you plan on being around water or under the rain.
- Size: If you only need a small table to sit a few things on, you have a lot of options, and many of them will be lightweight and easy to carry. However, if you need a larger table, you might have to consider trading some sturdiness for a lighter weight.
- Material: Material impacts everything, from how light a camping table is to its durability and sturdiness. Therefore, you need to decide what type of material you want early on. Aluminum will be lighter than most other choices, but it will lack the durability of a heavier metal or hard plastic.
There are plenty of choices when it comes to camping tables, and many of them are worth pursuing. Just keep in mind that where you plan on using the table might eliminate some of your options, so consider where you will use it, how big a table you want, and then start considering materials and features after that.
If you need a camping table, then that likely means you need something durable that can withstand being outdoors. Fortunately, there are many tables on the market that are made to work in any environment. All you have to do is think about your camping needs and choose the right table for you.
Other Products You May Need
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.