There are plenty of reasons to look for a bright flashlight. For some, it is a necessity and helps them stay safe while working or enjoying a hobby in the dark. For others, collecting the brightest flashlights out there is the purpose. Regardless of the reason, you will find some of the best and brightest flashlights out there on this list.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the best Brightest Flashlights of 2021
Criteria for Choosing the Brightest Flashlights
When it comes to choosing the brightest flashlights, there are a lot of things to consider. After all, there are flashlights with different purposes and those that are smaller than others. In order to choose the best of the bright flashlights out there, the following things were considered:
- Brightness: The obvious factor in selecting the brightest flashlights is the actual brightness, which often means checking the lumens. However, there are a few things that were considered beyond raw numbers. First is the size of the flashlight. Another is whether the lumens reported equal performance.
- Durability: There is no point in buying a flashlight if it will not last. When looking at durability, the longevity of the flashlight as a whole was considered. Then, whether it can withstand rough treatment was also kept in mind.
- Battery: A brighter flashlight will drain a battery faster, so making sure the flashlight will last long enough to be useful is important. The battery life and type of battery used were both considered when looking at the best of the brightest flashlights.
When it comes down to it, you want something that is not only incredibly bright but also reliable. You do not want it to fall apart easily, and you do not want it to die quickly. Fortunately, all of the flashlights on this list exceed the average when it comes to these things.
The 8 of Best Brightest Flashlights of 2021
There are a lot of flashlights on the market, and it can be hard to find the best flashlights out there, especially when brightness is your main concern. After all, lumens are important, but there are many instances of the lumens being reported as higher than they actually are. Because of that, you can save a lot of time by using the list below.
If you are looking for the brightest flashlight, you will not find anything brighter than the IMALENT MS18. In fact, it is bright enough to be dangerous if you do not use it properly, and for most people, it is excessive in every sense. After all, it is blindingly bright, reaching 100,000 lumens with a beam distance of around 4400 feet at max power.
The flashlight also has nine modes, ranging from 700 to 100,000 lumens and including a strobe mode. It also uses a rechargeable battery pack that can save you on batteries. There is even an OLED display that lets you know how much battery life is left. To top it all off, the flashlight is tough, durable, and even has a built-in cooling system.
- It reaches a max brightness of around 100,000 lumens
- The beam reaches around 4400 feet
- There are nine different modes you can use
- The battery can be recharged easily
- It is built to be tough and durable
- It is very expensive
- The cooling system can be quite loud
- The brightness is excessive for most situations
When it comes to the more powerful flashlights on the market, those that go above and beyond, you can expect to pay a premium. However, if you are looking for something extremely powerful but do not want to go for the previous entry on this list, then you can pick up the OLIGHT Marauder 2 for around half the price and still get 14,000 lumens.
The amount of light you get is still more than most people will ever need, but for those that do, or those who simply want something impressive, this is a great choice. It has a beam that reaches around 2600 feet, and it can cycle through seven output levels. Moreover, it has a rechargeable battery pack that gives it around 60 hours of runtime.
- It is extremely powerful and reaches a long distance
- The materials used are durable and reliable
- The battery pack lasts a long time and recharges quickly
- There are seven different output levels to rotate through
- It has built-in sensors and cooling fans
- You have to pay a premium
- The brightness is more than most people will need
The brightest flashlights also have categories, and while most of the flashlights on this list are full-size and meant to provide as much light as possible, this one is different. OLIGHT makes great flashlights, and this small, keychain flashlight is no exception. Not only is it small enough to put on your keychain, but it emits a max of 150 lumens.
The power of this light is easily controlled by twisting the head. It goes from off to five lumens with a slight twist, and with a little more, it hits 150 lumens. The light beam is soft and balanced as well, making it great for a variety of situations. It can even be fully recharged in around 75 minutes using the micro-USB charging port.
- It is small and lightweight
- It reaches a max of 150 lumens
- The power is easily controlled
- It can be recharged rather quickly
- There have been some complaints about the included charging cable
- The battery drains quite quickly on max power
If you want something far more powerful but still prefer a smaller flashlight, this Nitecore product is the best choice. It is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, but it has a powerful max burst of around 10,000 lumens, though the stable high mode is lower, having a max of around 2,000 lumens. The beam can even travel to around 950 feet.
The high mode is customizable, capable of being set between 400 and 2,000 lumens. It even has five brightness levels total and three special modes. You can rest assured that it will work for a long time as well, with the battery being powerful and charging quickly. And with the LED display, you can keep track of the battery life with ease.
- It is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand
- It can reach a max burst of 10,000 lumens
- The high mode is customizable
- There are multiple brightness levels and modes
- The battery is powerful and charges quickly
- It is very expensive
- It can get quite hot
- There are few reviews
If your goal is to find a powerful flashlight for everyday use, then the GearLight S2000 might be more your speed. It looks and operates like any other flashlight you might find at a store, with a basic design that is sturdy and easy to use. However, it packs a huge punch, with its brightness coming in at around 1,200 lumens at the max setting.
The features include a zoom function that allows you to focus on an object up to 1,000 feet away and multiple settings to avoid the need for multiple flashlights. Moreover, the beam is naturally wide when not zoomed in, so you can light up a large area. Additionally, it uses four standard AA batteries, so it will last quite a while.
- It is a powerful light for a good price
- It reaches up to 1,000 feet away when zoomed in
- The maximum brightness reaches around 1,200 lumens
- There are multiple settings
- It is resistant to water and drops
- It is not rechargeable
- It automatically shifts to the next setting when turned on and off
The Garberiel XHP70 emits a brightness that reaches around 5,000 lumens at max power. It can also zoom in and out, allowing you to form a concentrated beam or something wider for a better field of vision. While the max range lingers around 1,700 feet, you can trust that it will provide plenty of visibility, no matter which mode you use.
The five modes include three different brightnesses, flash, and SOS, with low being around 50% of the max brightness and medium hitting around 70%. The flashlight is durable as well, capable of being used in almost any environment, and withstanding rough handling. Moreover, you can charge the battery with ease using a micro USB.
- It has an impressive max brightness
- There are five modes to choose between
- The beam can reach up to 1,700 feet
- It is a durable flashlight that works in the rain
- The battery is long-lasting and rechargeable
- The battery life and charge time are not great
- It can get very hot
When you are looking to light up a large area, there are few better choices than a spotlight flashlight. The one featured here from AlpsWolf is capable of giving you great brightness at an exceptional range, with a max brightness of 4,000 lumens and a beam range of around 3900 feet. Plus, it is an incredibly versatile flashlight with seven modes.
The reason this flashlight has so many modes and is so versatile is that each side has a different light, with one having three modes and the other having four. The largest difference, though, is that one is narrow and bright, while the other is wider and used to illuminate a larger area. To top it all off, it is rechargeable and has long battery life.
- The light reaches a max of 4,000 lumens
- It has seven modes for a variety of illumination options
- The concentrated beam reaches nearly 4,000 feet
- The battery lasts 10 to 20 hours on a single charge
- It is water-resistant
- It is not made out of the most sturdy materials
- You must cycle through the modes to power it off
The last flashlight on this list is a bright, compact flashlight from Sofirn. It starts with three XPL LEDs that emit a maximum of 3,500 lumens. It also has numerous modes and brightness levels, including the brightest setting, which is turbo mode. Moreover, the entire flashlight can easily fit in a pocket or other small space.
The toughness of this flashlight cannot be underestimated, either. It is rugged and made from durable materials, even passing strict testing for durability in Sofirn’s lab. Additionally, you do not have to worry about battery life with this flashlight, with the battery being both long-lasting and rechargeable. There is even a low-battery indicator.
- It reaches a maximum of 3,500 lumens
- There are many different modes
- It is made from durable materials
- The battery is long-lasting and rechargeable
- The interface is very confusing
- Some believe it does not reach 3,500 lumens
How to Shop for a Brightest flashlight
When you are shopping for a bright flashlight, there is a lot to consider, and you might end up with a subpar product if you are not careful. Fortunately, there are some basic considerations that make it much easier to find a great flashlight. Here are a few things to keep in mind during your search:
- Brightness: Brightness is not always properly reported. While most of the big brands report the appropriate lumens, some other brands are known to overreport the brightness of their flashlights. However, this happens on some of the brightest flashlights as well, so you need to look at reviews carefully.
- Battery: There is a lot to consider with the battery. You need to first know whether you want something rechargeable or a flashlight that uses disposable batteries. After that, you want to consider where you will be using it and how long it needs to last.
- Distance: While brightness often increases distance, there are some flashlights that have more range than others. Oftentimes, this is due to zoom and the design. Therefore, make sure to know how far you need it to reach before shopping.
There is a lot more to a good flashlight than you might think at first. There is the intensity of the light and the distance the beam travels, and you must also keep the battery and casing in mind. Moreover, the price also plays a factor, especially for those who do not need something extreme. You should even consider the size.
There are a lot of reasons to want a bright flashlight, and they are everywhere. However, if you are looking for one of the brightest flashlights on the market, then you need to dig a bit further and make sure you are getting exactly what you need. Fortunately, it is not difficult once you know what you are looking for.
Other Products You May Need
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.