2020 has been shedding a light on the underlying racial issues that people still face today after centuries of discrimination. This Christmas, teach your children about how to love and treat everyone equally with these fun and interactive children’s books that highlight discrimination and anti-racism in a lighter light.
1. Diversity Ninja: An Anti-Racism Diverse Children’s Book – $11.99
This book shows children that regardless of differences in race, gender, ability, background, clothing, language spoken, or skin color, we are all part of the human race. Our differences are beautiful like the colors of a rainbow.
2. Antiracist Baby Board Book – $6.99
This particular book comes a fresh new board book that empowers parents and children to uproot racism in our society and in ourselves.
3. This Book Is Anti-Racist: 20 Lessons on How to Wake Up, Take Action, and Do The Work – $5.68
What a cute cover. This book is a guided journal with more than 50 activities to support your anti-racism journey.
4. Together We Stand Against Racism: Black Lives Matter – $14.50
This children’s picture book will help approach the subject in a way they can understand and identify racism and discrimination around them.
5. We Are All One: Kids’ Story About Racism – $3.99
With this book, teach your kids about different races, diversity, tolerance, respect, and the need for peaceful coexistence with this kids’ book about race and diversity.
6. It’s OK to be Different: A Children’s Picture Book About Diversity and Kindness – $9.97
This book highlights the ways kids are different from one another, helping children to accept themselves and others as the beautifully unique individuals that they are.
7. Black, White and Beyond: Racism and Intolerance Made Plain and Simple for Kids – $9.97
This particular children’s book help kids recognize the need to bring racism to it knees and declare its end.
8. Anti-Racism Starts With Me: Kids Coloring Book – $8.99
Who doesn’t love coloring and learning at the same time? This coloring book consists of beautiful hand-drawn illustrations that includes messages of tolerance and togetherness to help educate and inspire children.
9. Hey Ralphie It’s What’s On The Inside That Counts – $9.99
In this book, Ralphie is a little bulldog who loves making new friends. On this adventure, Ralphie plays with dogs from all over the world, all of whom look different and enjoy different things. Ralphie learns an important lesson- our differences are what make us special.
10. We’re Different, We’re the Same (An Anti-Racism Book)– $4.74
This book is an engaging read for toddlers and adults alike that reinforces how we all have the same needs, desires, and feelings. Plus, who would you rather learn from to treat everyone equally other than Sesame Street?
We hope you enjoy these children’s books about anti-racism! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.