When the pandemic hit last year there were a vast array of products that quickly became coveted treasures. Toilet paper for one. Another? Disinfecting wipes. Suddenly everyone was being told to disinfect anything and everything that they would bring into their home.
While Clorox and Lysol wipes were missing in action for months for anyone other than frontline medical workers, a good alternative became alcohol wipes. It was reported that wipes that contained at least 70% alcohol could kill the COVID-19 virus and other germs and could serve as an effective disinfecting method.
If you’re looking for the best alcohol wipes on the market to keep your cleaning regimen effective and consistent, we’ve got you covered. We’ve compiled a list of some of the top alcohol wipes currently available on the market that isn’t Lysol or Clorox (not criticizing those two companies, just want to demonstrate that there are other options out there!)
Whether it’s for disinfecting items, your hands, or both, this list has options for everyone.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the Best Alcohol Wipes of 2021
- The Honest Company Sanitizing Alcohol Wipes
- Pharma-C-Wipes 70% Isopropyl Alcohol Wipes
- Caresour Advanced 75% Alcohol Hand Sanitizer Wipes
Criteria for Choosing the Best Alcohol Wipes
Are They Versatile? Can you use the wipes to disinfect surfaces and your hands? Are they safe to use for you, your loved ones, and your house/shared living spaces? How high is the concentration of alcohol in the wipes? Does it meet the CDC recommendation for 70% or above to kill the COVID-19 virus and other germs and bacteria?
Are They Effective? We will check reviews for this question. Did these wipes actually serve their purpose in disinfecting?
Are They Reasonably Priced? Alcohol wipes should not break the bank in any way, shape or form. Do any of the products on the list offer good package price deals?
The 7 of Best Best Alcohol Wipes of 2021
You can get the Honest Company wipes unscented or in scents like grapefruit or lavender. These wipes are made with 65% alcohol and aloe. The aloe prevents your hands from drying out after using these as hand sanitizer wipes. You can also use them to disinfect areas and surfaces. The alcohol used for these wipes is plant-derived and these wipes are free from fragrances, parabens, and phenoxyethanol or chlorine processing.
Currently, these wipes have a 4.7-star rating based on an average of 3,287 reviews. 2,601 of those ratings are five-star reviews.
- These wipes comes in packs of three, with 150 wipes total
- One reviewer gave these wipes a glowing review, and said that she loved the smell of the scented wipes
- Another reviewer said that these wipes were very durable and one wipe did a lot of cleaning
- Other reviewers said that the wipes stayed moist and didn’t dry out quickly
- Several reviewers said that the smell of these wipes were overpowering
- One reviewer said that using these dried her hands out
- Another reviewer said that these dried too quickly to be effective disinfecting wipes
These wipes win in terms of pricing. You get six tubs of forty wipes each for under forty dollars. These pre-moistened wipes are made with 70% isopropyl alcohol and 30% purified water. You can use these as first aid antiseptic wipes or for disinfecting surfaces and commonly used items and areas.
These wipes are also made in the USA. Currently, these wipes have a 4.7-star rating based on an average of 606 global reviews. 521 of those reviews are five-star ratings.
- Multiple reviewers said that these wipes worked exactly as advertised, with some saying they had been using them for years
- Another reviewer said that these wipes remained well saturated and worked well
- The price is very reasonable for the amount you get
- A lot of reviewers liked the pop up canister design
- One reviewer said that they thought these were better than Purell
- Several reviewers said that their wipes were too dry and they were able to disinfect things efficiently as a result
- One reviewer also said that their wipes were dry and they felt like the design of the tubs was the cause of the wipes getting dried out
The Caresour wipes have a base of 75% alcohol and this set comes in a pack of four. Each package is resealable and comes with fifty wipes each. These wipes are advertised for use on hands and for disinfecting common household surfaces (some reviewers said they used them to disinfect their cars too.)
Currently, the Caresour wipes have a 4.6-star rating based on an average of 9,909 global reviews. 7,427 of those ratings are five-star reviews. You’ll pay under twenty-five dollars for a pack of four with fifty wipes each.
- Several reviewers said that the packaging helped keep the wipes moist
- Another reviewer said that these were effective with germ control and were perfect travel wipes
- Another reviewer said that these wipes were great to use at their small business
- These are just straight up alcohol wipes without any additives or artificial scents
- Some reviewers pointed out that these wipes are made with ethanol alcohol instead of isopropyl alcohol
- One reviewer said that the smell of these wipes made them feel ill
- Several reviewers said that the wipes dried out too quickly to use them effectively
Similar to the Honest wipes, these Wet Ones wipes are made with 70% isopropyl alcohol, and aloe. (The Ingredients list also includes water, glycerin, propanediol, and tocopheryl acetate.) Another neat thing about these wipes is that they are TSA-approved! Which makes them ideal for travel. Wet Ones advertises these wipes can kill up to 99.99% of germs (based on an in vitro study.)
The Wet Ones wipes currently have a 4.8-star rating based on an average of 1,474 global reviews.
- One reviewer said that she liked how clean her hands felt after using these wipes
- No added fragrances
- Another reviewer said that these wipes helped them disinfect everything on a trip to Disney World, from the seats on the airplane to things in the hotel room. They also said they worked well as hand wipes
- Another reviewer said that these were nice because they didn’t dry out your hands
- You pay under twenty for a five pack of twenty wipes each, which seems overpriced to some and reasonable to others
- The alcohol ingredient is a bit confusing: The label says isopropyl alcohol but the advertisement with the product says it’s ethyl alcohol.
- One reviewer said that the wipes dried out too quickly
These sterile alcohol prep pads are made with 70% isopropyl alcohol and are prepped in individual packages for each pad. This means they are sterile until the package is broken. You may think, why are these on the list? They’re just for medical facilities! Think again! You can also use these for first aid at home, or to even disinfect small surface areas like a cell phone screen or glasses.
The prep pads are made with 2ply cotton material that is highly absorbent. These pads come at an incredibly reasonable price, where you pay less than ten dollars for one hundred prep pads.
- The individual package for each pad ensures that they’re sterile for first aid use
- These pads currently have a 4.6 star rating based off of an average of 8,352 global reviews. 6,569 of those reviews are five star ratings.
- Several reviewers said that these pads were perfect for disinfecting while traveling
- Multiple reviewers said that these were perfect for first aid kits or for disinfecting small surfaces
- The price is reasonable for the amount of pads that you get
- Not a critique of the product, but if you’re looking for larger wipes these aren’t the ideal size
- Several reviewers said that their box contained multiple wipes that were dry upon opening
- Other reviewers said that these were wet when they opened the package, but then they dried out very quickly after opening
- One reviewer recommended not using these on glasses
These alcohol wipes are formulated specifically for use to clean items like glass lenses, camera lenses, phone and tablet screens, and more. These are not meant to disinfect as they don’t contain 70% alcohol. These have a formulation of 39.5% isopropyl alcohol. You get 210 individually wrapped wipes for under fifteen dollars.
- These are specifically formulated for lenses and devices like cell phones and tablets
- These are safe to use on coated glass lenses
- This product currently has a 4.5 star rating based off of an average of 37,496 global reviews
- 27,822 of those ratings are five star reviews
- One reviewer said that these were the best lens cleaning wipes she had used so far
- A lot of reviewers said that these wipes were balanced: not too wet, but not too dry
- Preference wise, these pads are not for disinfecting
- Some reviewers said that they felt like these wipes made the smudges on their glasses worse
- Another reviewer said that half of the wipes in their box were dried out
Rounding out our list is the Vaxxen Labs Swipes. These come in a great package deal, where you get 200 wipes total in a pack of eight resealable packages for under twenty dollars. These are made with 70% isopropyl alcohol and are unscented. The Vaxxen wipes are also free of parabens, chlorine, and ethanol.
- You get a good amount of wipes for the price
- A lot of reviewers said these were effective and worked just as advertised
- Currently these wipes have a 4.5 star rating based off of an average of 103 global ratings
- 76 of those ratings are five star reviews
- Another reviewer praised these wipes for their versatility
- Several reviewers appreciated that these wipes were portable and travel sized
- One reviewer said that these wipes left a film on things she used them on
- Another reviewer did not like how tiny each package was
We hope you were able to benefit from this list of top alcohol wipes on the market. Each wipe and prep pad had its own individualized use. There is of course still a lot of concern about COVID-19 and other common medical issues like colds and the flu.
If the pandemic has taught us anything it’s that it’s best to diligently disinfect for our health and a cleaner environment overall. And that there’s life beyond Lysol or Clorox wipes! (No offense intended to those two highly effective cleaning products of course.)
Whether you need wipes for disinfecting at home or on the go take a look at this list for some options. Of course, check the reviews, and the actual ingredients in each product to make the most informed decision possible. Good health is worth the investment!
Other Products You May Need
- The 8 Best Desk Mats To Keep Your Desk In Check
- The Top 8 Head Massagers of 2021
- The Top 7 Electric Knives of 2021
- The Best 9 Outdoor Projector Screens Your Next Gathering Needs
- The 8 Best Stainless-Steel Grills of 2021
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.