A typical acrylic manicure at a nail salon can cost you anywhere from thirty to fifty dollars, and that’s just for a basic set. What’s the difference between acrylics and gel? What makes acrylic nails worth a shot? Let’s define what acrylics are exactly before diving into the top seven best acrylic nail kits of 2021.
A Harpers Bazaar article defines acrylic nails as, “A combination of a liquid monomer and a powder polymer that form a paste which is bonded to the natural nail. It’s then given the desired shape, where it hardens in place to add strength, length, and thickness to the nail.”
The general consensus is that acrylic nails tend to last longer than gel manicures. The question is, what are the best acrylic nail sets to apply at home that won’t make you wish you’d gone to a salon instead?
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the best Acrylic Nail Kits of 2021
Criteria for Choosing the Acrylic Nail Kits
Are You Actually Able To Use It? Applying acrylic nails can be a bit daunting, like a Herculean beauty task that could easily go wrong. The best at home acrylic nail kits are actually easy to use for the average non-professional nail artist. We will examine the reviews of each kit to demonstrate the ease of use.
Is the price reasonable? Do you get a long lasting nail kit for the price you pay? Are the extras in each kit worth it?
Does the kit work? One of the most annoying things about getting new nails, at home or at the salon, is when one of the nails breaks quickly. We want kits that produce nails that are long-lasting, which makes the initial application worth it.
The 7 of Best Acrylic Nail Kits of 2021
The WuBeFine 42 in 1 Acrylic Nail Kit
The WuBeFine acrylic nail kit comes with 18 acrylic powder colors, 12 glitter powder colors, 12 sequin colors (for nail art), three bottles of nail glue, acrylic liquid, five acrylic brushes, one nail file, a nail cutter and so much more. This kit is really reasonably priced for the amount of extras you get. One reviewer said that she bought this kit because she wanted to learn how to do nails by herself and she had no regrets with this purchase, saying that the kit worked well for beginners.
- This kit has a 4.4 star rating based off of 5,285 global reviews
- 3,665 of those ratings are five star reviews
- Multiple reviewers said they wanted to save money going to the salon and use this kit and said it was easy to understand for beginners
- Another reviewer praised this kit as a must buy and said it was great for beginners
- Another reviewer said that you would not regret buying this nail kit
- The price is reasonable, and the kit is returnable
- Some lower starred reviews said that their kits arrived damaged
- Another reviewer said that the quality of the products in the kit weren’t super great
- Several reviewers said that the brushes weren’t good
The Morovan Acrylic Nail Kit
The Morovan acrylic nail kit is smaller than the WuBeFine kit, but the Morovan kit still has a 4-star rating based on 4,282 global reviews. This kit allows the user to apply pink, white, or clear nails with a high-quality finish. This kit also comes with nail forms, a nail file, acrylic monomer liquid, and a nail brush. The price is under twenty dollars, making it ideal as a fun gift for a lady in your life that wants to skip the trip to the nail salon but still keep her nails looking good.
- The price is under twenty dollars
- One reviewer was super pleased with the kit, saying that they planned to buy it again and that it was super easy to use
- Another reviewer said they were able to successfully apply acrylic nails with this kit on their first try
- Another reviewer said that they would purchase this kit again due to the fact that the monomer smell wasn’t as strong as some other kits and that the quality of the kit was good
- Another reviewer said that this kit was a great value, and posted a picture of the finished result that looked like she had gotten a prices salon manicure
- Not a lot of variety color wise
- Another reviewer said that you had to work quickly with this kit because it dried so fast, making it more challenging for beginners
- Another reviewer said that this kit was okay, but not the best quality
The Cooserry 115 in 1 Acrylic Nail Kit
In terms of the sheer amount of extras, the Cooserry kit is top of the pack. Some of the goodies in this kit include an acrylic liquid monomer, five acrylic nail brushes, nail guide sticker forms, three nail files, two boxes of fake nail tips, 48 acrylic nail glitter colors, a nail polish remover kit, and a whole lot more. This kit has a 4.3-star rating based on 2,495 global ratings.
- One reviewer said that this was a great kit for the price.
- One reviewer said that the fake fingers really helped with practicing how to apply the acrylic nails to her actual fingers.
- Another reviewer said that this was a great nail starter kit for beginners
- Another reviewer said that this kit was a really fun way to learn how to do nails with her daughter
- For the amount of extras you get, the price is really reasonable (under thirty dollars)
- One person liked everything in the kit except the acrylic monomer
- Two other reviewers said that the kit really needed nail glue (saying it was missing from their kits)
- Another reviewer said that the acrylic powder did not apply well
- Several reviewers said that there were no instructions in their kit
The Modelones Acrylic Powder and Liquid Set
The Modelones set is perfect for someone who knows they want a set of pink nails and doesn’t need a lot of extras. The company says that their kit can last for at least 2-3 weeks and also comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. Several reviewers said that this kit was great for beginners and that it was packaged well. You get three shades of pink: nude, pink and glitter pink. This kit comes with an acrylic nail brush, a mini gift box, acrylic powder, liquid monomer, and a fifty piece nail form.
- The price! Under twenty dollars.
- The kit has a 4 star rating based on 1,317 global reviews
- Perfect kit for anyone who just needs a pretty pink shade
- One reviewer said that this kit was perfect for a first time acrylic user.
- Another reviewer loved the glitter pink acrylic shade
- Another reviewer said the Modelones kit was the best product they had used as a nail kit beginner
- If you’re looking for a variety of colors this kit isn’t for you
- Several reviewers said that the monomer in this kit smelled horrible
- Several reviewers said that the brush didn’t work well
- Another reviewer said that the product dried too fast
The Latorice Acrylic Nail Kit
The Latorice Acrylic nail kit is another kit with a lot of fun, colorful accessories. This kit comes with twelve different kinds of rhinestones, five hundred pieces of French tips, a nail file, a buffer block, a pink nail cutter, eighteen colors of acrylic nail powder, twelve nail art glitter colors, sequins, and a whole lot more. For the number of extras you get with this kit, the price is super cheap-under fifteen dollars pre-tax.
- Review-wise, the Latorice acrylic nail kit has a 4.3 star rating based on an average of 1,767 global reviews.
- 1,189 of said ratings are five star reviews
- One reviewer praised this kit as being spa-quality.
- Another reviewer said that this was the best beginner kit
- Another reviewer said that they gave this kit a 10/10 and would recommend it to others
- The price! It’s really cheap for the amount of extras, making it a fun gift that won’t make your wallet weep.
- One reviewer said that the powders did not work well
- Some reviewers said that their kit arrived with broken or missing items.
- Another person said that they were sent a used kit
The Vrenmol Acrylic Powder and Liquid Set
A neat option for the Vrenmol kit is that you have several different color options. You can choose from pink, purple, blue, or multi-colored sets. Each kit comes with three acrylic powders, one liquid monomer, a thousand-piece nail form, a clear glass cup, and a nail brush. The company states that its liquid monomer is MMA-free. The Vrenmol set has a four-star rating based on 462 global reviews.
- The price for the kit is under twenty five dollars
- One reviewer loved the vibrancy of the colors and said that the acrylic brush was actually really good
- Several reviewers said that this kit was great for beginners
- Another reviewer said that this kit gave you a professional quality manicure at home
- Another reviewer said that this was a great practice kit
- One reviewer said that the colors were good but the powder quality was bad
- Another reviewer said that the monomer did smell very bad
- Several reviewers said that their kit arrived damaged
The Mia Secret Professional Acrylic Nail Kit
Rounding out our list is the Mia Secret Professional Acrylic Nail Kit. This kit is the most expensive kit on the list, so how do the reviews look? Currently, this kit has a 4.5-star rating based on 1,773 global reviews. One reviewer said that their kit arrived in perfect condition, while another reviewer said that the kit came with a lot of product inside that should last a long time.
- One reviewer said that they were initially apprehensive about the cost of this kit because they were a beginner and didn’t want to waste money: she said after buying that she loved the kit and was able to do lots of nail sets
- Another reviewer appreciated that the product didn’t dry too quickly and was easy to use as a beginner
- Another reviewer said that this kit was fantastic and they would definitely buy more things from the vendor
- Several reviewers said you got a lot in the kit that made the price worthwhile
- The product is labeled as the “old version.”
- The price is more expensive than the other kits on this list
- Several reviewers said that their kit arrived with broken or open components
There’s nothing more fun than freshly manicured nails. They can make you feel more polished and put together, but you shouldn’t have to break the bank for pretty fingers. These at-home acrylic nail kits all offer a lot of variety at different price points, so you have plenty of options to choose from. May your manicure never break in a day (and last reasonably from 2-3 weeks of course.)
Other Products You May Need
- The 10 Best TV Trays To Have In Your Living Room
- The 8 Best Neck Fans of 2021
- The 8 Best Waterproof Backpacks of 2021
- The 8 Best Inflatable Pools of 2021
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.